The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

I just got an offer from Bath! So happy! :smile:
Original post by mangostan
haha not sure what to do now since I'm still quite set on westminster!

Why are you set on westminister may I ask? :smile: congrats!!!
Original post by nairline
Why are you set on westminister may I ask? :smile: congrats!!!

thank you! I feel like their facilities are a lot better compared to ucl, and when i visited, i could see myself being a student there more than i can at ucl. Im a bit more excited about studying at westminster than studying at the bartlett for some reason!
Original post by purple-loofah

Congratulations!!!
thank you! I feel like their facilities are a lot better compared to ucl, and when i visited, i could see myself being a student there more than i can at ucl. Im a bit more excited about studying at westminster than studying at the bartlett for some reason!

Ah yeah fair enough! Trust your gut and don't go somewhere simply for the prestige is my advice!! I'm currently in the process of applying for scholarships at westminister :smile:
Reply 1305
I just got an unconditional from UCL!

Congratulations! That's fantastic:smile:) Must be so nice with unconditionals having gotten your A-Level results; and incredible results at that! Well done:smile:
Can't wait to be free of A-levels..

Remember that the building that the Bartlett has for architecture is only temporary, and will be moving into the new one end of this year/beginning of next, so make sure to take that into consideration when deciding as I would imagine their facilities will be greatly improved!:smile:

All the best with making your decisions!
Hey, I need help with my choices. I have offers from Bath, Cardiff and Kent and I'm not sure which is the best. I'm predicted 38 in IB and the conditions are: Bath (36 6 hl physics,6 hl langlit), Cardiff (36 6 hl physics, 5 sl math) and Kent (34 4 hl langlit and 4 sl math).What university would you guys recommend? I would really appreciate the feedback :smile:
I got an offer from Newcastle for AAA but waiting to hear from Northumbria from my portfolio
Original post by purple-loofah

Congrats!! :smile: What AS levels did you take and how did you do in them??
Original post by gemyerst
Hey, I need help with my choices. I have offers from Bath, Cardiff and Kent and I'm not sure which is the best. I'm predicted 38 in IB and the conditions are: Bath (36 6 hl physics,6 hl langlit), Cardiff (36 6 hl physics, 5 sl math) and Kent (34 4 hl langlit and 4 sl math).What university would you guys recommend? I would really appreciate the feedback :smile:

Hey there, from the point of view of rankings, Bath would be better but it depends on what you want. IDK about Cardiff and Kent but I know that Bath is more focused on the science part of architecture than on the design part. BTW I'm doing the IB as well, feels nice to find somebody else who knows the struggle :smile:
Original post by hannahastbury
I got an offer from Newcastle for AAA but waiting to hear from Northumbria from my portfolio

Good luck :smile: I firmed Northumbria with an unconditional, loved the facilities and although newcastle is higher ranked, it just didn't have as much to offer I felt! Which one would you prefer? :smile:
Original post by LiveTheMoment
Hey there, from the point of view of rankings, Bath would be better but it depends on what you want. IDK about Cardiff and Kent but I know that Bath is more focused on the science part of architecture than on the design part. BTW I'm doing the IB as well, feels nice to find somebody else who knows the struggle :smile:

Yeh I'm probably going to firm bath cause I love the campus! The IB struggle oh god hahaha what do you take and where did you apply?
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Bath?
anyone else still waiting from UCL?
Because im an international student and i cant go to open days and i dont really know what uni to choose rn, so have anyone been to Sheffield/Newcastle/Kent/Edinburgh open day? and how was it like?
I dont know which university i should choose as my firm choice, Edinburgh would probably be my insurance as they gave me a pretty low offer but i might make them my firm choice if i really like it.
about my firm choice, which one would be a better choice u think, newcastle or sheffield? Im trying to apply for Kent international scholarship thing so if i get i might choose kent as firm but if not, newcastle or sheffield :0
Yeh I'm probably going to firm bath cause I love the campus! The IB struggle oh god hahaha what do you take and where did you apply?

HL: Art, French lang lit and English B
SL: Bio, Psychology and Math

I will either go to UCL (for AIS though it they accept me) or to Oxfrod Brookes
Original post by LiveTheMoment
HL: Art, French lang lit and English B
SL: Bio, Psychology and Math

I will either go to UCL (for AIS though it they accept me) or to Oxfrod Brookes

UCL rejected me cause of my task haha even though I thought it was quite good so whatever :smile: hope you get in though:smile:
I do HL:Physics, History and langlit SL:german, spanish and math and AP studio art :smile:
Original post by Rocketluke1
Yeah, have you been interviewed? If so, when?

I had my interview on the 9th of February, how about you.
Original post by zzdevzz
anyone else still waiting from UCL?

I'm still waiting eurgh
UCL rejected me cause of my task haha even though I thought it was quite good so whatever :smile: hope you get in though:smile:
I do HL:Physics, History and langlit SL:german, spanish and math and AP studio art :smile:

they rejected me too for architecture but I also applied for AIS

Quick Reply

Latest