The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Same :smile: I want to get through loads of past papers and notes :smile:
I am planning to do each subject each day for example : Chemistry 3 on one day and Biology 3 on another day :smile:
The first exam would be the last day of half term and the last exam would be first on half term :smile: Although i have mixed some up

Ah that sounds interesting. I like variety each day so I wouldn't be able to do that, plus I'd feel like I'd forgotten everything from day 1 by day 10 :biggrin:

My easter holiday doesn't start until the 8th April so I just have an extended weekend at the moment :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE

Today, my friends decided they would organise a day to educate me about Disney :biggrin: ....at my house, so I have until about 12 to tidy up and get all my revision done - woo...not

I've broken down my German into chunks and have planned 15 minute sessions throughout the day to try and learn it all. As well as this I want to make more wall diagrams and if I can squeeze in a few past papers (at least 1).

I'd also like to make more revision cards and update the ones I have given link to, as I have found many people are now using them which is fantastic. If anyone has any suggestions for the cards, or wants me to correct anything just let me know :smile:

Are revision cards like Flashcards? do they help?
Ah that sounds interesting. I like variety each day so I wouldn't be able to do that, plus I'd feel like I'd forgotten everything from day 1 by day 10 :biggrin:

My easter holiday doesn't start until the 8th April so I just have an extended weekend at the moment :smile:

So you have school ??
Are revision cards like Flashcards? do they help?

Yeah they're the same. I put questions on one side answer on the other. I find them really useful because not only can you use them in a free minute or two but they are fantastic for checking you know every detail. I have made them on every single sentence of the revision guides so I know I am getting as much info as possible and when I work through them every now and then, I find it helps make little important details stick. The shorter the answer is to remember (as long as it is useful) the easier it is to remember. :smile:
So you have school ??

Not today - I have Friday and Monday off, then I back to school until the 8th then we break up for Easter :smile:
Original post by Edminzodo
I wish my GYG was this popular . . . :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you - I don't know why mine is tbh :smile:
Original post by GCSEstudentt
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Gov & Politics ar ALevel

For a-levels:
i am taking :
1.Biology
2. Chemistry
3. Mathematics
4. Economics

Nice choice - why did you both choose to do those subjects, if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
just broke up from school today, I am soooo tired

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :smile: How are you planning to revise during easter :smile:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
just broke up from school today, I am soooo tired

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use your break to relax a little - you deserve it after how hard you've worked on your English :smile:

Same :smile: How are you planning to revise during easter :smile:

I wish I'd broken up yesterday :frown: :biggrin:
Nice choice - why did you both choose to do those subjects, if you don't mind me asking :smile:

Biology,Chemistry,Maths = I need those to do Medicine
Economics= Sounds Fun well i think
Not today - I have Friday and Monday off, then I back to school until the 8th then we break up for Easter :smile:

Wow :smile: We broke up yesterday and we go back to school on 11th April
Yeah they're the same. I put questions on one side answer on the other. I find them really useful because not only can you use them in a free minute or two but they are fantastic for checking you know every detail. I have made them on every single sentence of the revision guides so I know I am getting as much info as possible and when I work through them every now and then, I find it helps make little important details stick. The shorter the answer is to remember (as long as it is useful) the easier it is to remember. :smile:

I used them once but do you think there is any point starting now ? :smile:
I tried it before but i thought that it would take me forever to get everything done :smile:
Biology,Chemistry,Maths = I need those to do Medicine
Economics= Sounds Fun well i think

Oooh medicine, very competitive - nice selection :smile:

Wow :smile: We broke up yesterday and we go back to school on 11th April

Awh - we'll just have broken up as you go back :biggrin:

I used them once but do you think there is any point starting now ? :smile:
I tried it before but i thought that it would take me forever to get everything done :smile:

You could always use the ones someone else has made and it will be a good way to test your knowledge. It's entirely up to you. If you have got on fine without using them up to now, then there is no need to start, but if you want to include a bit of variety, make some for the stuff you are struggling with the most and see how you get on :smile:
How would you revise for English language ????
Oooh medicine, very competitive - nice selection :smile:

Awh - we'll just have broken up as you go back :biggrin:

You could always use the ones someone else has made and it will be a good way to test your knowledge. It's entirely up to you. If you have got on fine without using them up to now, then there is no need to start, but if you want to include a bit of variety, make some for the stuff you are struggling with the most and see how you get on :smile:

Haha yup
I will try them out thanks :smile:
Original post by ilham.j
How would you revise for English language ????

Hi, I would ensure I knew the layouts of everything and then either use past papers or make up my own topics to write about and practice laying it all out. Also, do some research on synonyms for commonly used words so you have a variety of vocab :smile:
Thank you - I don't know why mine is tbh :smile:

Because your my babe.lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really like your work ethic. Keep up the work and you'll get those grades. I just wanted to ask how I should revise for English literature and actually manage to complete my essays in the given time?

Studying OMAM and Crucible
And character and voice for poems.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stopopups
Really like your work ethic. Keep up the work and you'll get those grades. I just wanted to ask how I should revise for English literature and actually manage to complete my essays in the given time?

Studying OMAM and Crucible
And character and voice for poems.

Thank you

For English Lit I would suggest making character profiles for each character and also summarising each chapter on to an A5 sheet or index card. This way you will know all the key events. In terms of finishing on time, that's a tricky one. The best thing I could suggest would be to do as many practices as you can and this way you should get used to the timings. Aim to spend 10-15 on the 10 markers and the rest on the other 20 marks - though it is easier said than done.

I study OMAM too, but not the other ones :smile:

Let me know if you need more help :biggrin:
Thank you

For English Lit I would suggest making character profiles for each character and also summarising each chapter on to an A5 sheet or index card. This way you will know all the key events. In terms of finishing on time, that's a tricky one. The best thing I could suggest would be to do as many practices as you can and this way you should get used to the timings. Aim to spend 10-15 on the 10 markers and the rest on the other 20 marks - though it is easier said than done.

I study OMAM too, but not the other ones :smile:

Let me know if you need more help :biggrin:

Hey,
How would you memorise quotes for oMAM
Alright thanks for that. I study AQA English literature though , so I just realised our timings etc would be different. But making character profiles and summaries seems very useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending