The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thomas7861
Sick of seeing everybody targeting muslims? Do you stereotype all white people for the acts of a few? Such as the many wars caused my old white men, I dont think so. The acts of them muslims was disgusting. I think people are very quick to speak , the UK literally couldnt run a week without immgirants. If your family ever becomes ill , I hope you show your true emotions and reject the treatment from an immigrant doctor which is saving there lives, you wouldn't , you like to pick and choose when you hate immigrants. Refugee's are humans also, think if your family ran away from DEATH but greeted by a bunch of racist people. Love everyone!

Take this, you'll be needing it. Try not to use it too much.

Reply 21
I am a Muslim who was born in England over 20 years ago. When growing up I had a make up of friends from every culture and religion. My parents are religious (as in pray, fast and respect others). My father has often given my siblings and I lectures on respecting others and helping our neighbours.

Since 7/7 our lives have changed because of some ignorant barbaric terrorist who follow Wahhabis- which in it self is the most superficial and racially subjecting form of Islam.

When I heard about Brussels I cried for the innocent lives lost. The problems lays in the certain parts of Muslim population here in London who assimilate with ideologies of religious extremists. Certain places in Stepney Green/ Whitechapel have Muslims who agree with the threats we are receiving in western society.

I work for the government and would give my life up in a Heartbeat to help save my country.

I don't want to leave this country but the hostility in London is getting to much. On the train on Wednesday I was racially abused by a African- American man. On my way home I was pushed on to the floor by another man.

The problem with the migration crisis is that the EU had hoped that educated individuals such as doctors, lawyers and other professionals would come to Europe. However the majority of these people have either been killed or are fighting to get their country back. Instead a lot of arrogant men who have left behind their families have come to Europe and along the way trained Isis individuals have come though too. Middle eastern Muslims are very different from European Muslims they believe in male hierarchy.

This country is my life, my history, my future and not some terrorists or back minded people will ever get rid of me.
Original post by Foo.mp3
OP fails to comprehend the costs vs. benefits that the Muslim community brings to the UK + the fact that you can't beat ISIS with 'love' :hippie:

You can undermine the terrorists' goals with 'love' among other things.

Proof
sick of seeing everybody targeting muslims? Do you stereotype all white people for the acts of a few? Such as the many wars caused my old white men, i dont think so. The acts of them muslims was disgusting. I think people are very quick to speak , the uk literally couldnt run a week without immgirants. If your family ever becomes ill , i hope you show your true emotions and reject the treatment from an immigrant doctor which is saving there lives, you wouldn't , you like to pick and choose when you hate immigrants. Refugee's are humans also, think if your family ran away from death but greeted by a bunch of racist people. Love everyone!

thank you
Reply 24
Original post by paul514
It's not about kicking all Muslims out the country that's near impossible anyway.

The issue is the culture, people who come to the uk should assimilate and if they don't want to they shouldn't come/allowed to come here.

In simple terms fit in or **** off

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exactly is British culture?
So you're stereotyping every non-musllim as hating and blaming all musilims.
Original post by whorace
The label Muslim is completely useless to be honest. What the hell is a Muslim? A Sufi? Sunni? Shia? Wahhabi? What about cultural Muslims? What about Muslims who are influenced more by other religions and native practices? Muslims themselves don't agree who a bloody Muslim is, let's stop being stupid and hold individuals accountable for the actions of individuals.

Original post by Farm_Ecology
I think you should take the time to understand what is people are arguing for.

Very few people hate all immigrants, and very few blame all muslims.

Original post by WBZ144
You can't do that then boast about living in a democratic, free society; can't have it both ways.

A country that kicked all Muslims out would be an authoritarian dictatorship and ties with oil rich allies would be damaged. Don't worry OP, it's not going to happen just because of what some keyboard warriors on a message board are saying.

Original post by Terry Tibbs
No rational minded person here with any common sense is attributing terrorist actions to ALL Muslims.

Original post by kieran12321LFC
Obviously most Muslims are just normal people trying to get along with their live, it's an undeniable truth though that countries with higher Muslim populations are more likely to be on the receiving end of Islamist terrorism

Original post by paul514
It's not about kicking all Muslims out the country that's near impossible anyway.

The issue is the culture, people who come to the uk should assimilate and if they don't want to they shouldn't come/allowed to come here.

In simple terms fit in or **** off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Hussm

The problem is that the radical muslim terrorists have an entire community of radical muslim non-terrorsits to blend in with. For a larger part of these communities the only thing differentiating them is the will to act with violence. The beliefs and rhetoric are are identical.

What the Islamic community could do against terrorists is this: Accept that there are many nations that believe secularism to be a nonnegotiable principle. Any person from any faith who wishes to reside in one of those nations must embrace that principle. There are many Muslims who do exactly that, and they are welcome. The ones who can't or won't, should leave. If they do that, then radical terrorists won't be so easily able to hide.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hussm

Exactly what I was going to ask.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
No rational minded person here with any common sense is attributing terrorist actions to ALL Muslims.

No but I would say the majority of muslims are enablers of terrorism in varying capacities. Some of the most moderate muslims I know even share Zakir Naik videos on facebook, a very popular muslim speaker, terrorist sympathiser who is banned from the UK.

They can't scrub their hands of responsibility while they cling on to this draconian belief system.
This thread went downhill from the moment the title did not quite match the opening post.
Original post by Hussm

Don't take the piss it's what you see around you when you aren't in some poor ghetto

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sick of seeing everybody targeting muslims? Do you stereotype all white people for the acts of a few? Such as the many wars caused my old white men, I dont think so. The acts of them muslims was disgusting. I think people are very quick to speak , the UK literally couldnt run a week without immgirants. If your family ever becomes ill , I hope you show your true emotions and reject the treatment from an immigrant doctor which is saving there lives, you wouldn't , you like to pick and choose when you hate immigrants. Refugee's are humans also, think if your family ran away from DEATH but greeted by a bunch of racist people. Love everyone!

Lovely argumentum ad passiones :smile:

Yeah guys love everyone unconditionally, even if they're coming over here for the money and not for the safety, which, statistically, is pretty much most of them.

Do you insist we have a "roll-out-the-red-carpet" sort of policy and keep it that way?
Original post by Hussm

What is Indian culture?
What is chinese culture?
What is Nigerian culture?

You question does not deserve an answer because it is a moronic question.

Whatever British culture is it is clearly better than Arab and Asian cultures as so many Arabs and Asians are desperate to live in Britain and the west.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by EccentricDiamond
What is Indian culture?
What is chinese culture?
What is Nigerian culture?

You question does not deserve an answer because it is a moronic question.

Whatever British culture is it is clearly better than Arab and Asian cultures as so many Arabs and Asians are desperate to live in Britain and the west.

Cry me river.
Reply 34
Original post by paul514
Don't take the piss it's what you see around you when you aren't in some poor ghetto

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes sense.. So its not the council estate down the road, got it.
(edited 8 years ago)

agreed mate

Another way of putting what you said. if you were in a city of 3+ million, there were 300-500 convicted terrorists, ~10,000 suspected terror supporters, does that mean the other 3 million 190 thousand odd are terrorists? most of them may be dickheads, not terrorists

When nazis carry out horrible attacks, it is somehow justfied by saying that they were from a deprived area and felt trapped in this viscious cycle of isoloation.
However when a Muslim does it, it is the fault of his religion, A lot of these attackers come from deprived areas who are totoally neglected by the government. Radicals pick on easy target like the young teenagers from these areas in Brussel who see no opportunity or future
Original post by Hussm
Makes sense.. So its not the council estate down the road, got it.

Well durr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
1) Unity may be predicated on fraternity, and love to an extent, but not loving everyone (unconditionally)

2) You appear to be citing a single subjective testimony

3) "Undermine goals", sure, but that's a very different proposition to completely defeating a well established terror state

4) If you still, truly believe that unity exists between Muslims and Western society then I invite you to (re)visit my related coverage of this topic:

Unity does exist between Islam and the west, to deny that it exists is absurd. There are millions of Muslims living in western communities who are residing peacefully.

It's a shame you let the actions of terrorists represent those of the whole of Islam
Original post by Frank Underwood
Unity does exist between Islam and the west, to deny that it exists is absurd. There are millions of Muslims living in western communities who are residing peacefully.

It's a shame you let the actions of terrorists represent those of the whole of Islam

It's a shame the communities of these Muslims who don't pick up weapons don't ALL shop members of their communities that they suspect could be up to no good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending