The Student Room Group

personal hygiene / venting

I am disgusted!! I really am livid, let me tell you something, I am very ill right now, I have missed half a week of school because of it, my body aches, my throat is burning, lumps on throat, mucus, phlegm (tmi sorry) chills, heating up, no fever thankfully, restless, haven't ate a set meal for past two days. I am ill.

why??? because somebody purposely breathed on me, and yes I may only have the flu, but my easter weekend has been completely ruined. I am disgusted by this persons behaviour, purposely breathing on me and others thinking "if I spread it" that they will get better.

This behaviour has completely disgusted me and I need to vent, I really do, I am sooooo mad, like how can people lack personal hygiene???
Someone breathed on you to give you flu, that's not personal hygiene.

If someone coughed/sneezed and didn't cover their mouth, that's different, but I'd still say that comes down to manners rather than hygiene issues? :s-smilie:

EDIT: Did this person know they had flu, like have they done it just so you'll suffer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DonkeyShlong
Someone breathed on you to give you flu, that's not personal hygiene.

If someone coughed/sneezed and didn't cover their mouth, that's different, but I'd still say that comes down to manners rather than hygiene issues? :s-smilie:

EDIT: Did this person know they had flu, like have they done it just so you'll suffer?

ah thats true, I am just so caught up in my own personal hygiene thats all I am thinking about lately. They did indeed knew they had the flu, manners you're correct. Appalling manners in that case.
Original post by Anonymous
ah thats true, I am just so caught up in my own personal hygiene thats all I am thinking about lately. They did indeed knew they had the flu, manners you're correct. Appalling manners in that case.

It's a dick move but hey, if I'm suffering the bank holiday weekend so are you :wink:

Just think of all the computer games you'll get to play because you can't go out...Sorry, revision you'll get to do because you can't go out :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by DonkeyShlong
It's a dick move but hey, if I'm suffering the bank holiday weekend so are you :wink:

Just think of all the computer games you'll get to play because you can't go out...Sorry, revision you'll get to do because you can't go out :wink:

can't even lift my head to do revision, but hey at least we are suffering bank holiday weekend rather than the two week easter break coming up
I had similar feelings about the person who coughed and gave me the flu a few weeks ago. You'll get over it. It might take time and patience, but those feelings won't live with you forever.
Reply 6
I am disgusted!! I really am livid, let me tell you something, I am very ill right now, I have missed half a week of school because of it, my body aches, my throat is burning, lumps on throat, mucus, phlegm (tmi sorry) chills, heating up, no fever thankfully, restless, haven't ate a set meal for past two days. I am ill.

why??? because somebody purposely breathed on me, and yes I may only have the flu, but my easter weekend has been completely ruined. I am disgusted by this persons behaviour, purposely breathing on me and others thinking "if I spread it" that they will get better.

This behaviour has completely disgusted me and I need to vent, I really do, I am sooooo mad, like how can people lack personal hygiene???
What have you been taking?
Reply 7
Original post by Tootles
What have you been taking?

lots of fluids, ice pops also to soothe this burning throat.
day nurse/night nurse then nuerofen day and night flu tablets (nothing helping the throat) googled nhs/webdm my symptoms however all throat issues saying can't be treated with antibiotics :frown:
Reply 8
possible bronchitis ?
Reply 9
lots of fluids, ice pops also to soothe this burning throat.
day nurse/night nurse then nuerofen day and night flu tablets (nothing helping the throat) googled nhs/webdm my symptoms however all throat issues saying can't be treated with antibiotics :frown:
No, I meant to think that getting breathed on could cause flu or that it's personal hygeine.

Believe me, if you had flu, you'd be in too much pain to type. I had only the mildest dose of it a few months ago and my everything ached like mad - right down to my fingers.

Quick Reply

Latest