The Student Room Group

When is the right time to first have sex when dating??

So I have been going out with this guy for a few weeks and I do really like him. We are now "girlfriend boyfriend" basis and he has admitted he wants this to be a serious relationship. Anyway we were hanging out and one thing led to another but then for some reason I didn't want to have sex. Its not that I felt I wasn't ready (I'm a virgin), I just felt like it was really early in the relationship since we've only been going out for like a couple of weeks. He was still super nice about everything like he kept asking if I was okay and told me that if I felt uncomfortable or wanted to stop just to let him know. And even when we were so close to doing it (we were both naked and on top of each other) and I backed out (didn't let him go inside), he didn't seem angry or upset and did not make me feel bad about it even though I know he must have been really frustrated :lol: I just felt that if I let him, I would be "easy" and that it was really early on. We did hang out after this etc So I was just wondering what is the time period that I need to wait before I do have sex with him?

Please don't quote.
When you both feel ready?

This isn't like swimming after eating.
When you're both ready and not a moment before!
Reply 3
I am in exactly same situation as you. We have done everything else expect that one thing because I want to research about some things first like can using condom only keep us safe, do i need to take any pills stuff like that. Both of us are virgin so he is very understanding.
Reply 4
hes not giving you any pressure so its all up to you, its good you have such an understanding boyfriend.
bump
You're not going to get an exact answer to your question becase there isnt one. He sounds great, and you already know that you are comfortable and happy, so it'll just happen, one day you'll be fooling around, it will lead from one thing to another and eventually sex, and you will want to do it.
Reply 7
sex
ex - no sex
x - no ex

o but contradiction cus x is ex? ygm so cancel it out

so do nothing
The more dudes you have sex with the cooler you are so I would say as soon and as often as you can :smile:
When you feel comfortable and wnat to.
Original post by thatweirdasian

Please don't quote.

Quote.
losing your virginity isn't a quick process. when i had sex with my bf the first time he forced it just to break the hymen, then after that for the next few weeks he was just fingering/stretching me very slowly because he seriously couldnt fit inside. so the first time we actually had sex was about a month later, and he was very gentle the whole time and it didn't hurt because he eased into it. its easier for some girls to lose their virginity because they finger their hole themselves but for girls who haven't done that before then just so u know it will take some time. he doesn't have to force it in - you can do it gradually over a few weeks. A lot of girls think that they have to endure the pain but you seriously don't. that's why i would say it's best to lose your virginity to a boyfriend who is patient with you and seriously loves/cares about you and then you can do it slowly without going through pain. that's how me and my bf did it, we're in a long distance relationship we see each other once a week so we started doing this about a month into the relationship and by month 3 we were having sex properly and i was used to it.
Original post by Platopus
Quote.

rebel :lol:
When all parties are above the age of consent, informed of the situation, aware of their surroundings, prepared for potential consequences and are enthusiastically and clearly consenting.
Original post by thatweirdasian
rebel

Yeah I'm badass :wink:
Around half-past nine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending