The Student Room Group

Have you been raped by someone close to you?

It just scares me. With rape by a stranger, it affects you mentally, but at least, at home, you have people whom you can trust. But all these cases where your date or boyfriend rape you, it scares me.

I read about some relationships like it's from a rom-com, and then I find out the girl was raped by the guy, even if they've met in uni, she's been careful...........there's no way to prevent it. That's what scares me.
Reply 1
It just scares me. With rape by a stranger, it affects you mentally, but at least, at home, you have people whom you can trust. But all these cases where your date or boyfriend rape you or uncle, it scares me.

I read about some relationships like it's from a rom-com, and then I find out the girl was raped by the guy, even if they've met in uni, she's been careful...........there's no way to prevent it. That's what scares me.
Reply 2
Try being a better judge of character, especially before entering a relationship with someone.
Reply 3
Original post by Jebedee
Try being a better judge of character, especially before entering a relationship with someone.

I know there are red flags but I doubt there are rape flags, I guess if he doesn't listen and displays a slightly nasty temper?
Original post by Anonymous
It just scares me. With rape by a stranger, it affects you mentally, but at least, at home, you have people whom you can trust. But all these cases where your date or boyfriend rape you, it scares me.

Original post by Anonymous
It just scares me. With rape by a stranger, it affects you mentally, but at least, at home, you have people whom you can trust. But all these cases where your date or boyfriend rape you or uncle, it scares me.

there's exists something called an edit button it's on your little post also you just added uncle? lol just to repost for that?
erm rape is not very common don't go through life worrying about what bad things might happen
Reply 6
Original post by whorace
I know there are red flags but I doubt there are rape flags, I guess if he doesn't listen and displays a slightly nasty temper?

I don't think it needs spelling out but there are some fairly obvious red flags that a guy is going to hold you down and force his penis inside you against your will. If you employ a moderate amount of self-respect and common sense when entering a relationship, your chances of this person raping you are slim to none.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending