The Student Room Group

Islamophobia is the greatest threat to society

How much do you agree with that statement?

I for one know it is true. We have a serious problem with Islamophobia. People are actively attacking Muslims and challenging Islam like it is somehow related to violence and these attacks. Muslims and Islam are the greatest victims of terror attacks. We all need to ban together to safeguard the teachings of Islam and Muslims. Responsibility seems to be placed on these when a terror attack happens but it is false. It is more accurate to lay the blame on say Donald Trump who is fuelling the attacks.

Scroll to see replies

I definitely think islamphobia is a huge problem that needs to be combatted but so is all racism and all bigotry for that matter
Its a problem, but disagree its thre greatest.
Ultimately islamophobia is born out of the actions of ISIS-owned/related terrorism (in the current feeling I mean) because they use Islam as the justification and purpose for their actions.

Without Islam there would be no islamophobia so it is not the fault of the islamophobics that there is islamophobia nor is it Donald Trump's fault.

What he is at fault for is using the general increase in islamophobia as a political tool and people are at fault for not realising that whilst Islam is ultimately at fault, the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Blondie987
I definitely think islamphobia is a huge problem that needs to be combatted but so is all racism and all bigotry for that matter

I agree but Islamophobia is a greater threat nonetheless. Muslims are being attacked left, right and centre and Islam is being painted as a violent religion when it is quite the opposite. Other sects of society will never know what it's like to be at fear for your life just because of your culture or religion
The terrifying thing is that some people actually think like this.
Original post by Blondie987

I agree completely with Blondie. Islamophobia really does need to be tackled but there are other issues that deserve equal (and sometimes more) attention.
Reply 7
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I agree completely with Blondie. Islamophobia really does need to be tackled but there are other issues that deserve equal (and sometimes more) attention.

I tentatively agree, depending on which issues you feel need more attention.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||

I disagree, some things need more focus and with the rate at which Islamophobia grows and terrorism (caused solely by those like Donald trump and then blamed on Muslims), it needs swift action. The law needs to change so any criticism of Islam or Muslims faces prison
Reply 9
Oh please shut it.
Original post by Zinan
Oh please shut it.

I agree with him and he's free to say whatever he wants...who are you to tell what to say and not to say? No-one invited you to this thread so either you respect people opinions or you don't post a comment telling people to shut it!
Original post by Zinan
Oh please shut it.

If you don't believe criticism against Muslims and Islam does not need to be tackled then you are part of the problem.
Reply 12
Original post by Arsenal96123
If you don't believe criticism against Muslims and Islam does not need to be tackled then you are part of the problem.

You are a problem for thinking that the protection of criticism of Muslims and Islam is a form of Islamophobia.
Reply 13
I disagree, some things need more focus and with the rate at which Islamophobia grows and terrorism (caused solely by those like Donald trump and then blamed on Muslims), it needs swift action. The law needs to change so any criticism of Islam or Muslims faces prison

That is like saying rape is caused by feminists.
Reply 14
Original post by elforjg02
I agree with him and he's free to say whatever he wants...who are you to tell what to say and not to say? No-one invited you to this thread so either you respect people opinions or you don't post a comment telling people to shut it!

Cool story bro
Not even close.
Original post by joecphillips
That is like saying rape is caused by feminists.

I don't see how that makes any sense
No sweetheart, radicalisation that goes unchecked and unreported is a much bigger problem.
Reply 18
I don't see how that makes any sense

It is the same logic as your Donald trump caused this

Sorry, I agree to disagree with you on that one. You could then say that for all religions. I think that imprisonment for any criticism is a bit extreme (not all criticisms are discriminatory), and it is quite close to breaching one's freedom of expression.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending