The Student Room Group

Help Out of MONEY and in HUGE DEBT

Scroll to see replies

Your dad isn't helping at all.

Cut the expenditure, make a budget, shop at cheaper places, only get the essentials, everyone should chip in with finances.

Try to get a loan or I've heard something like credit transfers.

Speak to citizens advice and someone professional who can help you, get all the help you need like crises loans etc.

Good luck!
Current status: in huge debt

Advice from some people: get loan.

Perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thefatone
it's not candy crush which is the problem, it's the fact he's not doing anything about the situation but plays games instead

I was just joking, though on reflection it was probably in bad taste. I can sympathise as my dad was the same. Can't really give any advice because the solution for us was him deciding to bugger off and waste his life elsewhere - and my mum has a job which obviously helps too.
ok seriously?

what do i do? all this as year wasted doing nothing with my life basically, my gcse's r turd what can i do? i might get a job at Mcdonalds?

How old are you? What year are you in at boarding school? What are your GCSE's?
Reply 44
Original post by Nettled
You know if push comes to shove he could probably sell a house? Assuming he has a few more properties? Actually, idk in hindsight if that is a good idea. As he might splurge out the money.

we're trying to sell our house and thinking of moving into one of the properties we own
Reply 45
Original post by Drax101
Your dad isn't helping at all.

Cut the expenditure, make a budget, shop at cheaper places, only get the essentials, everyone should chip in with finances.

Try to get a loan or I've heard something like credit transfers.

Speak to citizens advice and someone professional who can help you, get all the help you need like crises loans etc.

Good luck!

we really are trying but dad just splrges all the money xD we really do try and help but nothing's working. Everyone else tries to save and get cheap stuff and bargains but my dad nope all the savings go to waste. whever we saved and did use for shopping it's used by him.
Original post by Impressive
Current status: in huge debt

Advice from some people: get loan.

Perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly what i didn't ask for >.>
Original post by Platopus
I was just joking, though on reflection it was probably in bad taste. I can sympathise as my dad was the same. Can't really give any advice because the solution for us was him deciding to bugger off and waste his life elsewhere - and my mum has a job which obviously helps too.

lol don;t mind the joke xD

16, Lower 6th i.e. year 12? 1A* 3As 5Bs 2 Cs??? i think
we really are trying but dad just splrges all the money xD we really do try and help but nothing's working. Everyone else tries to save and get cheap stuff and bargains but my dad nope all the savings go to waste. whever we saved and did use for shopping it's used by him.

exactly what i didn't ask for >.>

lol don;t mind the joke xD

16, Lower 6th i.e. year 12? 1A* 3As 5Bs 2 Cs??? i think

You need to tell your dad the harsh truth and show him the harsh reality, I would have a go at him if I was you, he needs a reality check.
Reply 47
Original post by Drax101
You need to tell your dad the harsh truth and show him the harsh reality, I would have a go at him if I was you, he needs a reality check.

he'll just ignore me,m he's in his own haven right now and doesn't really care about anything but himself
we're trying to sell our house and thinking of moving into one of the properties we own

How many properties do you guys own? Yep, you could get a lot of money out of doing this, especially if the properties are in London. I assume your parents bought the house many years ago so the property value has probably tripled. My dad just sold his place which he bought for around 74k and sold it for ~400k. And we moved somewhere cheaper.

So really things arent as grim as they might be. If you cna sell the house, then they can use part of the equity to keep you in school.

You arent going to persuade the adults to do anything as you are a teenager. Its a question of surviving.
Reply 50
Original post by Nettled
How many properties do you guys own? Yep, you could get a lot of money out of doing this, especially if the properties are in London. I assume your parents bought the house many years ago so the property value has probably tripled. My dad just sold his place which he bought for around 74k and sold it for ~400k. And we moved somewhere cheaper.

about 5-7 not quite sure, nope value hasn't gone up :/

Original post by 999tigger
So really things arent as grim as they might be. If you cna sell the house, then they can use part of the equity to keep you in school.

You arent going to persuade the adults to do anything as you are a teenager. Its a question of surviving.

no-one wants to buy and we sell the house for less than we bought if we sell now

no-one wants to buy and we sell the house for less than we bought if we sell now

Damn that's a lot of property that they own! Are none of them being rented out? OP, I don't think you truly know your parents financial status parents do tend to hide quite a lot of their issues. Your dad may have a back up plan?

Still equity, its a source of money that might keep you in school.
wat i didn't know this kind of thing existed.... well after all that weight i lost :/

Don't ask how I know this, but there are women out there doing something called a 'make me fat' campaign, too. They start off at a skinny-average weight, but have the desire to gain huge amounts and blog about it through YouTube and social media.

The basis includes men and women paying the girl or guy money through donations so that they may go and buy huge quantities of food. Then he/she eats it.

Usually, start weight for women is between 90-150lbs, and the 'goal weight' is around 350-500lbs. It all ties in with fetishes for bigger people, and so forth. Don't know why I felt the need to declare this, though...
Reply 54
Original post by Nettled
Damn that's a lot of property that they own! Are none of them being rented out? OP, I don't think you truly know your parents financial status parents do tend to hide quite a lot of their issues. Your dad may have a back up plan?

only like 1 or 2 are actually being rented out, what plan? My mum tells me the truth which i choose to believe since she has given many scenarios which she has given her judgement on and everything has added up and it makes sense.

Still equity, its a source of money that might keep you in school.

won't keep my parents alive though

Original post by Tinemither
Don't ask how I know this, but there are women out there doing something called a 'make me fat' campaign, too. They start off at a skinny-average weight, but have the desire to gain huge amounts and blog about it through YouTube and social media.

The basis includes men and women paying the girl or guy money through donations so that they may go and buy huge quantities of food. Then he/she eats it.

Usually, start weight for women is between 90-150lbs, and the 'goal weight' is around 350-500lbs. It all ties in with fetishes for bigger people, and so forth. Don't know why I felt the need to declare this, though...

ok this is why Britain has an obesity problem

but thanks for telling me this since i didn't know wth was happening ^-^
Dunno your situation. Presumably your dad is self made, so if hes done it once he could do it again possibly. I thought the concern was about you being thrown out of school? Do they own and have equity in the 5-7 developed houses as well?
Reply 56
Dunno your situation. Presumably your dad is self made, so if hes done it once he could do it again possibly. I thought the concern was about you being thrown out of school? Do they own and have equity in the 5-7 developed houses as well?

no, no where near as active as he once was. i am concerned since this year will have gone to nothing. No basically the properties aren't exactly developed as far as i know and most of them are just bare really
I was thinking you plead cash flow problems and they might let you finish. im sure lots of parents have gone through this at your school.
Did you look at bursaries and who you need to speak to?
Reply 58
I was thinking you plead cash flow problems and they might let you finish. im sure lots of parents have gone through this at your school.
Did you look at bursaries and who you need to speak to?

bursaries granted by my school? I'm not sure who i need to speak to but i guess i could start with my boarding master since he's always concerned and wants to know wtf is going on within my family
Theres your in , make an appointment to see him next week. Also look at your schools website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending