The Student Room Group

Level 2 Further Maths

Any tips on how to get an A*??? I've watched the exam solutions videos but I still need help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ameenatariq
Any tips on how to get an A*??? I've watched the exam solutions videos but I still need help

Hey, are you doing aqa? If so, please can you send me the link for the exam solutions videos?

At the moment, I'm just going through the 'Ultimate guide to Further Maths' on youtube, and that's quite helpful :smile:

There are some test papers on mrbartonmaths that you should check out
Original post by ravioliyears
There are some test papers on mrbartonmaths that you should check out

THIS
Original post by homeland.lsw
THIS

Used it last year and it helped me get the A* :smile:

Using it this year and it's helpful! ^_^

How do you learn to do the really difficult questions on the past papers though?
Original post by g3ob
Hey, are you doing aqa? If so, please can you send me the link for the exam solutions videos?

At the moment, I'm just going through the 'Ultimate guide to Further Maths' on youtube, and that's quite helpful :smile:

type in youtube 'aq level 2 further maths exam solutions' and they should come up. Okay i will check that out.

ive seen lasts years paper and it looked so hard!! How did you do it! :O

What topics are you struggling with and I'll beat them into your head
ive seen lasts years paper and it looked so hard!! How did you do it! :O

Idek how I did it haha. Yeah, last years papers were really hard, and honestly thought I did badly in it! Was over the moon with my grade :tongue: Mind you, my grade was nothing, so many girls in my year got he distinction! The 2014 papers weren't that hard - I did it for my mock and got the distinction, but the 2015 paper was horrible lol

Did it 2 years ago and got A^. It's just practice really, the more papers you do the more you realise that they cannot ask anything you can't answer if you've done your revision properly - exams are essentially a game where in advance they tell you the rules (the specification) and you have to remember that no matter how horrible a question looks it must ultimately be one of the things within that list and work out which you can apply to the question
Original post by samb1234
Did it 2 years ago and got A^. It's just practice really, the more papers you do the more you realise that they cannot ask anything you can't answer if you've done your revision properly - exams are essentially a game where in advance they tell you the rules (the specification) and you have to remember that no matter how horrible a question looks it must ultimately be one of the things within that list and work out which you can apply to the question

The paper you had was amazing. I did it for my mock and got the A^. Absolutely, hated last years paper lool
The paper you had was amazing. I did it for my mock and got the A^. Absolutely, hated last years paper lool

Probably was tbh, don't really remember it now as it was 2 years ago. I do know that i didn't lose many marks and did way way less than I did for any of my as exams last year lol
Original post by samb1234
Probably was tbh, don't really remember it now as it was 2 years ago. I do know that i didn't lose many marks and did way way less than I did for any of my as exams last year lol

Woah, that's amazing! Congrats! :tongue:
Woah, that's amazing! Congrats! :tongue:

probably still lost more marks than i did in any of my exams last year tho lol, the grade boundaries were hilarious iirc
Original post by Duck'sHere
What topics are you struggling with and I'll beat them into your head

i understand majority of the topics, its more about applying them to the questions!
Idek how I did it haha. Yeah, last years papers were really hard, and honestly thought I did badly in it! Was over the moon with my grade :tongue: Mind you, my grade was nothing, so many girls in my year got he distinction! The 2014 papers weren't that hard - I did it for my mock and got the distinction, but the 2015 paper was horrible lol

when did you start revising for it?
when did you start revising for it?

FM for me was more self taught because my teacher left as soon as she started teaching course content, and my new teacher only sat in front of the class to supervise it. To be honest, I didn't revise for it because it was in the very last week of exams when all of my other subject exams finished.
FM for me was more self taught because my teacher left as soon as she started teaching course content, and my new teacher only sat in front of the class to supervise it. To be honest, I didn't revise for it because it was in the very last week of exams when all of my other subject exams finished.

How did you self teach it?

Quick Reply

Latest