The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Hey,
How would you memorise quotes for oMAM

Flashcards perhaps - so saying on one side "Who says this?" or "What does Candy say to Curley after Lennie is shot" that sort of thing? Or just writing them out over and over again

Original post by stopopups
Alright thanks for that. I study AQA English literature though , so I just realised our timings etc would be different. But making character profiles and summaries seems very useful.

Ah yes - well the general sort of rule is 1 minute per mark and then take in to account checking through it afterwards :smile:

Good luck
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Because your my babe.lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol are you still calling her babe or babes ?! :biggrin::h:
My half term is going to be filled with revision :smile: Yay :redface: NOT
I am already getting fed up with it and it's only the start :smile: I have 16 days of revision to do :smile:
Lol are you still calling her babe or babes ?! :biggrin::h:

It's getting sort of old now.
I'm going to stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's getting sort of old now.
I'm going to stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol it is hilarious though :smile:
how your revision today
Lol it is hilarious though :smile:
how your revision today

It's going quite well. I'll update you guys tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's going quite well. I'll update you guys tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great glad to hear :smile:
Ok :smile:
I am actually getting a little fed up with mine and it's only the first day :smile:
But i least i am doing work
how do you guys stay motivated my targets are all A's and A* i LOVE biology so thats quite easy for me to learn. Im currently on half term and i revise but do you guys have any tips and how to stay motivated ? Thanks for any help
Original post by A/ASTAR
how do you guys stay motivated my targets are all A's and A* i LOVE biology so thats quite easy for me to learn. Im currently on half term and i revise but do you guys have any tips and how to stay motivated ? Thanks for any help

Hey,
I actually find motivation really difficult but I try my best not to get distracted. :smile:
One thing i did before is watching youtube videos on Gcse results :smile:
It really does work trust me :smile:
However most of the time i just revise. Nowadays i don't get distracted . EXAMS ARE JUST ROUND THE CORNERRRRR !!! :colondollar:

lol Hope that helped
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys :smile:
I am planning to revise a lot during the half term for 7-8 + hours but people are complaining that apparently it's not good and etc..
What do you guys think? :colondollar:
I am planning to revise a lot during the half term for 7-8 + hours but people are complaining that apparently it's not good and etc..

The plan is to revise a lot but leave some time to relax a little. I don't really have a timetable but i am planning to revise from 9 AM to around 6-7 PM with maybe a break for Lunch.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that - as long as you takes breaks and don't become a zombie you'll be fine. :smile:

Original post by ibte10
The plan is to revise a lot but leave some time to relax a little. I don't really have a timetable but i am planning to revise from 9 AM to around 6-7 PM with maybe a break for Lunch.

Sounds good - let me know how you get on :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
I don't think there is anything wrong with that - as long as you takes breaks and don't become a zombie you'll be fine. :smile:

Sounds good - let me know how you get on :smile:

Haha Yup i will :smile: x
Ok. I didn't do much because I had to go outside.

Physics P123 mastered
Biology B123 mastered

Did a past paper of each and got 95 and 100 per cent. 95 in physics of course.

Gone over every mistake in my ppes.

Memorised history facts and years.

Not much. I know. But I won't be going out tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE 25.03.2016

Past Paper- Psychology

1. SamplePaper Unit 1 49/60 A* Re-done 55/60 –A* Weaknesses-Gestalt Gregory, Activation Synthesis, Sleep Disorder Clinic (MADE CARDS)

2. June 2010– Unit 1 44/60- A Re-done 51/60 A* Weaknesses –Hobson & Mccarley Theory and Evaluation (MADE CARDS)

3. Jan 2011– Unit 1 36/60- B Re-done 55/60– A* Weaknesses-Wish fulfilment, Dream Analysis, Evaluation Case Study (MADE CARDS)

4. June 2011– Unit 1 49/60 A* Weaknesses –Freud Dream Theory (MADE CARDS)

5. Jan 2012– Unit 1 42/60 B Weaknesses –Gregory, Neurones (MADE CARDS)

6. June 2012– Unit 1 43/60 B Weaknesses- Psychoanalysts,Carmichael (Evaluation) and Theory, Schemas (MADE CARDS)

7. Jan 2013– Unit 1 49/60 - A* Weaknesses-Little Hans Case study (MADE CARDS)

8. June 2013- Unit 1 52/60 A* Weaknesses-Key terms: Independent, Repeated (design) Participants

I have also done a bit of Physics Unit 3 and Maths to vary my subjects I’ve made notes and flashcards on the weaknesses from the past papers, I have done all the past papers I can find on Psychology Unit 1. I feel like I have done loads but this is going to be every single day until the 10th April. YAY NOT. Today I did a whole day of Psychology and tomorrow is a whole day of Geography Unit 3. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Physics P123 mastered
Biology B123 mastered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done at least you did something :smile:
How long did it take you?
Not long at all. An hour or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not long at all. An hour or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great :smile:
UPDATE 25.03.2016

Past Paper- Psychology

1. SamplePaper Unit 1 49/60 A* Re-done 55/60 –A* Weaknesses-Gestalt Gregory, Activation Synthesis, Sleep Disorder Clinic (MADE CARDS)

2. June 2010– Unit 1 44/60- A Re-done 51/60 A* Weaknesses –Hobson & Mccarley Theory and Evaluation (MADE CARDS)

3. Jan 2011– Unit 1 36/60- B Re-done 55/60– A* Weaknesses-Wish fulfilment, Dream Analysis, Evaluation Case Study (MADE CARDS)

4. June 2011– Unit 1 49/60 A* Weaknesses –Freud Dream Theory (MADE CARDS)

5. Jan 2012– Unit 1 42/60 B Weaknesses –Gregory, Neurones (MADE CARDS)

6. June 2012– Unit 1 43/60 B Weaknesses- Psychoanalysts,Carmichael (Evaluation) and Theory, Schemas (MADE CARDS)

7. Jan 2013– Unit 1 49/60 - A* Weaknesses-Little Hans Case study (MADE CARDS)

8. June 2013- Unit 1 52/60 A* Weaknesses-Key terms: Independent, Repeated (design) Participants

I have also done a bit of Physics Unit 3 and Maths to vary my subjects I’ve made notes and flashcards on the weaknesses from the past papers, I have done all the past papers I can find on Psychology Unit 1. I feel like I have done loads but this is going to be every single day until the 10th April. YAY NOT. Today I did a whole day of Psychology and tomorrow is a whole day of Geography Unit 3. :smile:

Physics P123 mastered
Biology B123 mastered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done to the both of you - this is impressive. I haven't done half as much as you two have :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Well done to the both of you - this is impressive. I haven't done half as much as you two have :smile:

Thanks. Don't worry babe. You've got tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending