The Student Room Group

Why's it weird and gross to eat dogs and cats?

Scroll to see replies

There's nothing weird or wrong about eating cats and dogs.
Original post by Moonstruck16
Go start your own thread somewhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should they? It's relevant to the discussion.

OP. 2 ways of looking at it:

1. It's not wrong at all - other cultures do it. It's fine to eat any animal whatsoever. You're just in a society where it's regarded 'wrong' to eat a dog or a cat.
2. It's completely wrong to eat any animal and people who are repulsed at eating a dog yet settle down to eat a roast dinner are complete hypocrites.

Personally, I'm in camp 2.
Original post by the bear
you could branch out to Catford ?

:holmes:

[scrollr]:nyan:[/scrollr]

Haha, or go Wwoof-ing and cook my dishes for my hosts.

So many options.
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Why should they? It's relevant to the discussion.

OP. 2 ways of looking at it:

1. It's not wrong at all - other cultures do it. It's fine to eat any animal whatsoever. You're just in a society where it's regarded 'wrong' to eat a dog or a cat.
2. It's completely wrong to eat any animal and people who are repulsed at eating a dog yet settle down to eat a roast dinner are complete hypocrites.

Personally, I'm in camp 2.

This is what they wrote " Eating any animals is wrong and this is a fact and anyone who doesn't agree is a monster". They, presented it as a fact not an opinion. There are plenty of threads started that have in the title 'all meat eaters are monsters'. They usually descend into an immature mess after about 2 seconds. This is a thread about something that could actually be discussed in a mature way and the person whose post I replied to is clearly trying to stir things up and turn it into one of those threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is what they wrote " Eating any animals is wrong and this is a fact and anyone who doesn't agree is a monster". They, presented it as a fact not an opinion. There are plenty of threads started that have in the title 'all meat eaters are monsters'. They usually descend into an immature mess after about 2 seconds. This is a thread about something that could actually be discussed in a mature way and the person whose post I replied to is clearly trying to stir things up and turn it into one of those threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will inevitably be one of those threads. Every thread on this subject matter is because people have strong opinions on both sides. If you expect maturity on TSR I think you've come to the wrong place - it's vastly populated with teenagers and trolls.
It will inevitably be one of those threads. Every thread on this subject matter is because people have strong opinions on both sides. If you expect maturity on TSR I think you've come to the wrong place - it's vastly populated with teenagers and trolls.

I don't expect maturity at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't expect maturity at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a thread about something that could actually be discussed in a mature way and the person whose post I replied to is clearly trying to stir things up and turn it into one of those threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Odd, must be something wrong with your keyboard. It spelled mature when you typed ''typical internet''.
Original post by xobeauty
Chinese people them eat it, meat is meat to them I guess.
Why do we consider it gross though? I asked someone and they said dog and cats are smarter then cows and chickens thus making it ok? Why exactly do we think its sick?...lol, I don't even know why I used to think it was sick.

would you ever at least try eating dog or cat?
What if someone paid you a lot of money? Obviously this isn't a question for vegans and vegetarians.

Dogs and cats are Carnivores, any animal that eats other animals is going to produce a tough, bland meat that also carries risks of parasites.

Good examples of animal meats:
Chicken
Beef
Lamb

all of those animals eat plants and nothing more
Original post by ByronicHero
I love eating cats. The reaction you get when you eat a cat, there is nothing like it. I eat cats so good.

Dogs are sometimes involved in the meal too and when I think of them on all fours while I am eating cats it just makes me so happy.

I like food :dontknow:

Umm...your material needs some work.
Original post by YaliaV
Umm...your material needs some work.

I had some marginally better material later in the thread, but in general I'd agree :lol:
I had some marginally better material later in the thread, but in general I'd agree :lol:

Haha. Sorry, I sounded a bit twatty.
Original post by YaliaV
Haha. Sorry, I sounded a bit twatty.

:lol: It's cool.

I'm not fragile :nope:
Odd, must be something wrong with your keyboard. It spelled mature when you typed ''typical internet''.

I expected some maturity from the discussion. On the whole, I know TSR is a joke though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Dogs and cats are Carnivores, any animal that eats other animals is going to produce a tough, bland meat that also carries risks of parasites.

Good examples of animal meats:
Chicken
Beef
Lamb

all of those animals eat plants and nothing more

Awesome point. Do wild dogs though eat meat. Humans feed their dogs meat but in the wild do they oh ya wolfs eat meat nvm :smile:
???? Don't tell me this is you saying too?
You probably have eaten some cat/dog if you've ever ordered/eaten Chinese food involving meat. :smile:
Awesome point. Do wild dogs though eat meat. Humans feed their dogs meat but in the wild do they oh ya wolfs eat meat nvm :smile:

lol I'm guessing you don't watch Planet Earth :biggrin:
Why won't you knowingly eat it?

People like to pretend as if they don't know what they're eating. It's a sort of psychology that brings them the comfort needed to suppress any moral conflict that goes against their way of life. This blindfold is helped on by the constant censorship; beef, pork, veal - they're all names used to hide what they really are. As long as the meat is cooked, sprinkled with additives and hidden behind the positive image that the industry gives it, then people will continue to support it.

In short, he won't "knowingly" eat an animal because he knows that it goes against his own moral principles. If he can pretend that it's not an animal, or try to convince himself that notion, then he'll be comfortable enough to carry on with his luxurious lifestyle.
Reply 58
Apparently we have the teeth that all vegetarians have in the animal kingdom we are herbivores and eating meat is not a natural thing for us to do.
I once ate horse in Italy it was delicious.
Reply 59
It depends how excited the cat is really.

ahahahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest