The Student Room Group

Why's it weird and gross to eat dogs and cats?

Chinese people them eat it, meat is meat to them I guess.
Why do we consider it gross though? I asked someone and they said dog and cats are smarter then cows and chickens thus making it ok? Why exactly do we think its sick?...lol, I don't even know why I used to think it was sick.

would you ever at least try eating dog or cat?
What if someone paid you a lot of money? Obviously this isn't a question for vegans and vegetarians.

Scroll to see replies

Social norms. Simple.

Dogs and cats are domesticated and even considered family by a lot of people.
Reply 2
It is cultural yes or no.
As the world becomes more uniform and mixed, they will only be one culture, and in that culture I predict that eating cats or dogs will not be acceptable.
I love eating cats. The reaction you get when you eat a cat, there is nothing like it. I eat cats so good.

Dogs are sometimes involved in the meal too and when I think of them on all fours while I am eating cats it just makes me so happy.

I like food :dontknow:
Original post by xobeauty
Why do we consider it gross though? I asked someone and they said dog and cats are smarter then cows and chickens thus making it ok? Why exactly do we think its sick?...lol, I don't even know why I used to think it was sick.

What if someone paid you a lot of money? Obviously this isn't a question for vegans and vegetarians.

I'm a vegetarian so obviously I wouldn't... Society has conditioned us to think of certain animals as 'food' animals and certain ones as 'pets'. If you really think about it why should eating a dog be any different to eating a cow. Both are as bad as each other when you look clearly... But because when we think of a cow, we think of the beef products that fill the supermarket and this makes us think it's okay to eat them as food, however we can't imagine dog as a food as it just doesn't happen in western society. However in certain countries where this is available it seems normal to eat dogs and cats like it is for us to eat pigs and cows
Original post by BristolFresher15
Social norms. Simple.

Dogs and cats are domesticated and even considered family by a lot of people.

It's so true eh...
Because your neighbours get pissy when their pets don't come.

And cats are really boney.
Original post by ByronicHero
I love eating cats. The reaction you get when you eat a cat, there is nothing like it. I eat cats so good.

Dogs are sometimes involved in the meal too and when I think of them on all fours while I am eating cats it just makes me so happy.

I like food :dontknow:

What's it taste like? A cow? Chicken?
It's pure social norms. In some countries/cultures, eating pigs or whatever is considered weird.
What's it taste like? A cow? Chicken?

It depends how excited the cat is really.
Only in the West because they're seen as pets.
It depends how excited the cat is really.

You're not funny nor amusing whatsoever. I really thought you eat dogs and cats.
You're not funny nor amusing whatsoever. I really thought you eat dogs and cats.

You have to excite the cat before you can penetrate it with your knife, you can't just fork it right away!
Eating any animals is wrong and this is a fact and anyone who doesn't agree is a monster
You have to excite the cat before you can penetrate it with your knife, you can't just fork it right away!

Oh damn!! you are so funny.
Added to the horror people have is when you hear about that annual festival where you hear dogs being stolen from owners to be eaten.

Dogs and cats have been bred for hundreds or maybe even thousands of years to live alongside humans for comfort or for hunting. However cows and pigs and been bred to be eaten.
Oh damn!! you are so funny.

My business plan:

Open a restaurant serving dog in Barking and Dagenham and call it:

Barking and Dogenham.

Would you like to invest?
Original post by greatguy427
Eating any animals is wrong and this is a fact and anyone who doesn't agree is a monster

Go start your own thread somewhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
My business plan:

Open a restaurant serving dog in Barking and Dagenham and call it:

Barking and Dogenham.

Would you like to invest?

I suggest you hire a good security firm!

Quick Reply