The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Probably for them to stop being so cautious and paranoid. I mean I obviously love the fact that they look out for me and want to protect me, but sometimes I need to be allowed to make mistakes and experiment for myself.
Original post by evalilyXOX
Probably for them to stop being so cautious and paranoid. I mean I obviously love the fact that they look out for me and want to protect me, but sometimes I need to be allowed to make mistakes and experiment for myself.

if your an only child, join the club
Original post by acupofgreentea

Spoiler

I'm sorry, you deserve to be surrounded my amazing people, you're still an amazing person regardless

:hugs:
Reply 23
Everything about my mum tbh

inb4 all the hate

Original post by TheArtofProtest
Nothing. My parents are perfect as they are.

Spoiler

thats so sad :console: :cry2:
Original post by quasa
if your an only child, join the club

I actually have a brother and a sister, and in our family there are rules for the girls, and different ones for our brother. He definitely has an easier time in our family, and my parents are less strict with him than me.

For example, he has been allowed to stay out later from a much younger age and doesnt have the same amount of pressure to perform well in exams
Original post by mall-cop
I mean I don't sit at home crying and NEVER HAVE that my dad is a wasteman. But obvs it would be better if he was a good dude and provided in the home and stuff and didn't drink and **** other women and make random kids he can't keep track of.

Then with my mum, she's all right but whatever it is in her...that got her to fall for someone like that...it needs to be eradicated. Her life needs a do-over

but then again eh everything happens for a reason. My dad is a dick so my mum could be weak kneed and fall for him anyway, so I could be born with these issues and develop my own stronger traits and break the cycle so whatevz.

hey man, sorry to hear about that, if you want a chat, feel free to message (I might not reply instantly as I have a short attention span and usually switch from laptop to other things)
Original post by quasa
hey man, sorry to hear about that, if you want a chat, feel free to message (I might not reply instantly as I have a short attention span and usually switch from laptop to other things)

thx brother
thx brother

np bro
(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

:frown: Hope things work out for the best
I wish I could get rid of my dad's mental illness so that he could live with us again
x

That's the best way of looking at it, in my opinion. You can't help the cards you've been dealt, but you can try and use your experiences to try make a better life for yourself in the future.

Still, that doesn't take away from the fact you deserved better and I'm sorry you didn't get that. :redface: It does mean it means that much more when you get to where you want in life because you got there in spite of that, though.

Original post by Blondie987
I'm sorry, you deserve to be surrounded my amazing people, you're still an amazing person regardless

:hugs:

Blondie, I love you. So damn much. Thank you. :hugs:

Original post by mkap
Everything about my mum tbh

inb4 all the hate

You shouldn't have to expect hate. I don't like this culture we've created in which it's demanded we think the best of our parents. If your parent/s did wrong, they did wrong - you're allowed to acknowledge that.

In any case, I'm sorry your mum has acted in a way that means you feel that way. From what I've seen, you've turned out a lovely person in spite of that, which should be commended. :hugs:

Original post by quasa
:frown: Hope things work out for the best

It's so lovely that you've went through this thread and been so supportive to everyone. I accepted I'd have to go it alone quite a while ago and for the most part, I've become okay with that, but thank you. :hugs:
That's the best way of looking at it, in my opinion. You can't help the cards you've been dealt, but you can try and use your experiences to try make a better life for yourself in the future.

Still, that doesn't take away from the fact you deserved better and I'm sorry you didn't get that. :redface: It does mean it means that much more when you get to where you want in life because you got there in spite of that, though.

You shouldn't have to expect hate. I don't like this culture we've created in which it's demanded we think the best of our parents. If your parent/s did wrong, they did wrong - you're allowed to acknowledge that.

In any case, I'm sorry your mum has acted in a way that means you feel that way. From what I've seen, you've turned out a lovely person in spite of that, which should be commended. :hugs:

It's so lovely that you've went through this thread and been so supportive to everyone. I accepted I'd have to go it alone quite a while ago and for the most part, I've become okay with that, but thank you. :hugs:

That was unexpected kindness, thanks a lot :five:
and did you see my pm :holmes:

np, happy to help
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by monstera
My dad can be unreliable in the sense that he will say he will do something for me (and I will say it's fine if you can't just say now but he insists) then on the day he is supposed to do whatever thing I will phone him and he will say "I'm tired,I was up all night,I have other things to do" and that can get really annoying. So I would probably like it if he would just say when he didn't want to do something because that wouldn't bother me as much lol :tongue:

sounds remarkably like my old man. imo, this kinda taught me that no humans can make any guarantees in life, the best you can do is hope for something to happen (kinda hard when your a drug dealer and the punters want to know when the produce is in:wink: )
Original post by EastGuava
Their backward, close-minded, irrational views.

indian or pakistani? either way we cant change peoples views but we can try to understand why they believe what they believe and in turn hope they respect our views
Original post by z33
no anon function = no answers
:tongue:

Original post by quasa
is there a way to add an anon function to chat or is it only something for health problems?

Original post by z33
ask for it to be moved to

My TSR
> Forums
> Life and style
> Relationships
> Friends, family and work

Original post by quasa
ok, can someone move this to the relationships thread please (technically, being parent/child counts as a type of relationship, as does friendship, etc)

@BurstingBubbles @Lyrical Prodigy @Black Rose @MrDystopia
I would just have different parents.
I'd change my mum so that she was in good health. :frown:
Original post by SophieSmall
I'd change my mum so that she was in good health. :frown:

hope she recovers from whatever is ailing her

Latest

Trending

Trending