The Student Room Group

Stuck on which university to choose

Hi I'm Jess, Ive applied for psychology and have had all my offers back. However I'm stuck between choosing Durham or Southampton university. My heart was set on Durham I was so happy I got the offer, but then I went to visit it and I really didn't like it at all. Earlier this year I visited southampton and loved it. But Durham is obviously the more prestigious university and I feel like I would be silly to miss out on that opportunity. The campus was nice (queens campus) and everything was at its doorstep, I just didn't like the area if I'm honest (Stockton). Can anyone please help me decide, if you know anything about any of the two universities, I would really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by JJW123
Hi I'm Jess, Ive applied for psychology and have had all my offers back. However I'm stuck between choosing Durham or Southampton university. My heart was set on Durham I was so happy I got the offer, but then I went to visit it and I really didn't like it at all. Earlier this year I visited southampton and loved it. But Durham is obviously the more prestigious university and I feel like I would be silly to miss out on that opportunity. The campus was nice (queens campus) and everything was at its doorstep, I just didn't like the area if I'm honest (Stockton). Can anyone please help me decide, if you know anything about any of the two universities, I would really appreciate it :smile:
seems
If your not happy don't go there. You will be there for 3 years and you don't want to be unhappy all that time. In this case it certainly seems Southampton is your better option.
Original post by JJW123

Stockton? Just... no...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Stockton? Just... no...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why's that?
Original post by JJW123

Go to Soton.

To be frank uni prestige is not that big a deal when it comes to jobs in the psychology field, so you wont really be disadvantaged for picking a less prestigious uni.
Original post by JJW123
Why's that?

OK, it's a while since I've been there, but it wasn't a nice place at all. Plus it's not Durham. My impression is that it's a 2.2 version of Durham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending