The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE FOR 25/03/16

So the Disney films this afternoon lasted longer than hoped but hey that's friends for you :biggrin:

I did a bit of stuff like starting to make a CV. I also made more wall diagrams for:

Half life

Mass number/atomic number

SUVAT

And I laminated, cut out and stuck up the remaining diagrams. I then did 2 pages of notes on Vision and concave/convex lenses
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 25/03/16

So the Disney films this afternoon lasted longer than hoped but hey that's friends for you :biggrin:

I did a bit of stuff like starting to make a CV. I also made more wall diagrams for:

Half life

SUVAT

And I laminated, cut out and stuck up the remaining diagrams. I then did 2 pages of notes on Vision and concave/convex lenses

Better than nothing. Well done babe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Better than nothing. Well done babe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose - thanks :smile:
UPDATE FOR 25/03/16

Half life

SUVAT

At least you did something :smile: Well done :smile: You've got today to do loads :smile:
Well done to the both of you - this is impressive. I haven't done half as much as you two have :smile:

Aw Thank you :smile: :smile: At Least you've done something :smile: Watch when it's the weekends you would be doing a whole load like last Sunday i think :smile:
Nice choice - why did you both choose to do those subjects, if you don't mind me asking :smile:

I chose biology and chemistry because I want to go into medicine and they are a requriment (I also really enjoy them) I chose maths because I love maths. It gives me a sense of achievement like no other subject does when I do well - I know it's weird. And politics just because I love politics :smile:
UPDATE

So for today I want to get everything done that I didn't do yesterday :smile:
UPDATE

So for today I want to get everything done that I didn't do yesterday :smile:

I'm sure you will. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah. Have you seen The Crow. My photo is of Eric Draven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
I have a friend who revises for 48 hours each day and she gets no sleep and another one who revises for 24 hours . Is that even possible and is it good?

That's not quite physically possible. It's not good because you need to sleep for the information to be stored in your subconscious. My friend told me he revised for 2 days straight and ended up with a D. He chatting ****. It's not good even if they are doing that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not quite physically possible. It's not good because you need to sleep for the information to be stored in your subconscious. My friend told me he revised for 2 days straight and ended up with a D. He chatting ****. It's not good even if they are doing that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was what i was thinking 😁 Wow x 😊 How long do you think the maximum amount of hours someone should revise? I would suggest 10-11 hours you?!
I have a friend who revises for 48 hours each day and she gets no sleep and another one who revises for 24 hours . Is that even possible and is it good?

But there's only 24 hours in a day?!!
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
But there's only 24 hours in a day?!!

Lol. Quite true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was what i was thinking 😁 Wow x 😊 How long do you think the maximum amount of hours someone should revise? I would suggest 10-11 hours you?!

Some people do more but I think that is a reasonable amount.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people do more but I think that is a reasonable amount.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much do you do?
I bet like 12 right...
How much do you do?
I bet like 12 right...

Something like that. I've never counted. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
excuse my stupidness it was a joke :smile: apparently
(edited 8 years ago)
Something like that. I've never counted. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,
Excuse my stupidness because it was a joke :smile:
I am actually so gullible it's ridiculous :angry:
Sorry :smile:
haven't achieved what i wanted so far this holiday :frown: better start getting on with it again tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 26.03.2016

So today i revised Geography Unit 3 because i knew all the context I decided to do Past Papers :smile: I have a tracker on a word document where i have listed every single past paper and each topic e.g Settlement Change, Population and etc... . Firstly I looked at which topic i struggle the most so i looked at all the questions for Settlement Change and i did them :smile: I also found out the weaknesses and I've made Flash Cards on them. Then I did the whole paper and found out the grades and scores. I haven't yet finished all of them as it takes a lot of time. So, I will do the rest later on when i revise for Geography Unit 3.

2010 June Settlement Change 22/25 Weak : Case study LIC Rapid Growth, social andeconomic impacts
2011 Jan Settlement Change 16/25 Weak: Remote ruralSettlements, consequences (impacts) ofde-industrialisation in the UK.
2011 June Settlement Change 18/25 Weak: physicalfactors can affect the site of settlements, Adv. of Greenfield Sites.
2012 Jan Settlement Change 21/25 Weak: Dis of greenfield sites
2012 Jun Settlement Change 20/25 Weak: Rural Communities
2013 Jan Settlement Change 16/25 Weak: Brownfield Sites
2013 Jun Settlement Change 17/25 Weak: Urban Areas
2014 Jun Settlement Change 13/15 Weak: Urban Sprawl

2010 June Economic Sector 15/25 Weak: Globalisation
2011 Jan Economic Sector 16/25 No weaknesses
2011 June Economic Sector 18/25 No weaknesses
2012 Jan Economic Sector 16/25 No weaknesses2012 Jun Economic Sector 18/25 No weaknesses2013 Jan Economic Sector 16/25 Development 2013 Jun Economic Sector 21/25 Lic& Mic 2014 Jun Economic Sector 22/25 China Case Study

I am also learning and memorising my flashcards and going through all the topic in order to do a final past paper to see if i actually learnt some stuff :smile:

Although I didn't get through everything, I tried :smile: I also set a target that by the end of the day i will do 2 past papers and i have to get 2 A's
It's better to go slowly and comprehend it instead of going briskly and getting everything incorrect. :smile:
I will do more tomorrow and hopefully get through everything that i have planned :smile:

2014 - 50/69 Grade A :smile: YAY :banana:
2013 - 31/42 Grade A ( 1 Mark of A*) :frown: At least the revision paid off )

Gah I just realised how long this is I need to stop ! :redface:

Adios
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending