The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Refugees in Europe might suffer from PTSD?

Scroll to see replies

They might very well be suffering PTSD, but it's another thing to say that that caused them to sexually assault people.
This is the kind of logic where misinformed people assume that those with mental health issues (e.g. PTSD) go on to be violent criminals.

For what it's worth, yes it is possible that some refugees have PTSD, but that doesn't mean it's a get out of jail free card. They know what they're doing when they assault people.
Reply 62
Original post by Pathway
This is the kind of logic where misinformed people assume that those with mental health issues (e.g. PTSD) go on to be violent criminals.

For what it's worth, yes it is possible that some refugees have PTSD, but that doesn't mean it's a get out of jail free card. They know what they're doing when they assault people.

I'm not misinformed, I have psychosis and anxiety myself and am not a violent person, yet I can't speak for people with different experiences to me, especially since my illness wasn't bought on witnessing war.
Original post by MJlover
they gathered evidence from eurostat, an official body for the EU
right, this would be credible if the refugees got background checked at all (which like 90% of them dont, and is the reason why they all claim to be syrian).

Original post by MJlover
also why would Kuwaitis flee from their country, when it is wealthy and peaceful?
i was equally as shocked but it turns out kuwait has a very corrupt government. i met 2 brothers that were thrown out of kuwait as soon as they turned 18 because their parents were from jordan and they weren't deemed kuwaiti citizens anymore.

Original post by MJlover
I don't believe you...
like i said you only believe what you wan't to believe lol. i have no reason to lie to you but w/e - i was there, you were not. you can go to calais yourself if you want to actually want to know the truth, but i doubt you would lol you strike me as the kind of person who can't accept being wrong.

el chapo jr. signing out, peace.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by MC_booSack
right, this would be credible if the refugees got background checked at all (which like 90% of them dont, and is the reason why they all claim to be syrian).

i was equally as shocked but it turns out kuwait has a very corrupt government. i met 2 brothers that were thrown out of kuwait as soon as they turned 18 because their parents were from jordan and they weren't deemed kuwaiti citizens anymore.

like i said you only believe what you wan't to believe lol. i have no reason to lie to you but w/e - i was there, you were not. you can go to calais yourself if you want to actually want to know the truth, but i doubt you would lol you strike me as the kind of person who can't accept being wrong.

el chapo jr. signing out, peace.

ditto, still haven't disproved my OP
Original post by MJlover
I'm not misinformed, I have psychosis and anxiety myself and am not a violent person, yet I can't speak for people with different experiences to me, especially since my illness wasn't bought on witnessing war.

I can though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover

And you haven't got any credibility you are still to link the source of your claim

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by paul514

:rolleyes:

I'm out of here
OP probably thinks the "16" year old somalian guy who bludgeoned that hot swedish nurse to death is actually 16 lol.

either that or MJlover is just an expert troll
Original post by MJlover

The closest thing you came to a hypothesis in your OP was: "I feel like violent outbursts like riots and stabbings are the effects of coming from war-torn countries".

Why is it anyone else's job to disprove what you feel to be the case? Present your own damn proof.
Reply 70
Original post by TurboCretin
The closest thing you came to a hypothesis in your OP was: "I feel like violent outbursts like riots and stabbings are the effects of coming from war-torn countries".

Why is it anyone else's job to disprove what you feel to be the case? Present your own damn proof.

I did reference studies and stats but most here are anti-Muslims who would turn a deaf ear to that
Reply 71
OP probably thinks the "16" year old somalian guy who bludgeoned that hot swedish nurse to death is actually 16 lol.

either that or MJlover is just an expert troll

i made a simple statement that those who have witnessed war might have PTSD, and react violently because of it, I have done my bit with supporting evidence and no-one has given studies or evidence other than their own bigmouth opinions.
Mjlover aka best troll on TSR
Original post by MJlover
I did reference studies and stats but most here are anti-Muslims who would turn a deaf ear to that

You referenced a study by an intern teacher who cited another article that you have failed to link despite several requests.

The stats on the bbc web link you couldn't even get your own head around either what a majority is or even what 50% of Syrians is in numbers according to your own link

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Mjlover aka best troll on TSR

Wow, so many angry anti-Muslim and racist and just trolly trolls on TSR and yet I am more worse?
Original post by MJlover
Wow, so many angry anti-Muslim and racist and just trolly trolls on TSR and yet I am more worse?
why are you bringing religion and race into this?

professional troll i swear lol.. TSR's finest for sure.
Original post by MJlover
i made a simple statement that those who have witnessed war might have PTSD, and react violently because of it, I have done my bit with supporting evidence and no-one has given studies or evidence other than their own bigmouth opinions.

You made a statement with no basis and obviously know little about PTSD as it doesn't cause people to be violent in the way we have seen the reports of violent incidents.

The onus is on you to provide that study and to link actual PTSD behaviours to behaviour which apparently 50% have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover

I haven't brought race or religion on this could you show anymore behaviours of a defeated person?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by paul514
You made a statement with no basis and obviously know little about PTSD as it doesn't cause people to be violent in the way we have seen the reports of violent incidents.

The onus is on you to provide that study and to link actual PTSD behaviours to behaviour which apparently 50% have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

right? I have tried to look for it and don't think I can find the original report, and I don't think this Columbia student/teacher would make it up, i don't care anymore about ur posts
Reply 79
why are you bringing religion and race into this?

professional troll i swear lol.. TSR's finest for sure.

you have look at your own posts, black this, somali that!

Latest

Trending

Trending