The Student Room Group

What would you do in this situation?

I met a guy a couple days ago on a dating app. I sent him a like and the next day he did the same back and sent me a message.

We have been talking here and there, he tends to take a while to respond back and it's like 7pm is his cut off point. He won't respond until 7am the following day (he said he starts work at 6am and works 12 hour shifts).

He told me he hasn't tried online dating before and he finds it hard to make conversation via text. However he has made an effort to make convo work me.

There was a time he mentioned not receiving a notification when I messaged him, so I figured this was why his responses were delayed. I didn't look too much into things, when I asked what he was up to this weekend he told me what he was doing and hinted I should come and say hello.

I said that would be OK and suggested we went for a drink. He asked for my number and since then I've heard nothing from him. We last spoke around lunch time.

I'm not going to message him since the ball is in his court. I just wondered what others would do in this situation. Even if he does make contact does it even seem like he is interested?
Reply 1
Bumps
If he's left you hanging for a while, feel free to message him and just ask him if he's still interested in a drink, he does sound interested, I know it's frustrating when you're chatting with someone and it seems like they've lost interest without just being straight forward but I think he probably would have either ignored you competely or told you so it's probably more a case of him being a busy
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987
If he's left you hanging for a while, feel free to message him and just ask him if he's still interested in a drink, he does sound interested, I know it's frustrating when you're chatting with someone and it seems like they've lost interest without just being straight forward but I think he probably would have either ignored you competely or told you so it's probably more a case of him being a busy

Thank you. That's what I was thinking.." Why would someone continue to reply if they weren't interested?" then to hint about meeting up and ask for my number, it wouldn't make sense. I'm just not used to the lack of communication (I know I've only known him a couple of days). Guys usually get in touch quite a bit in the beginning at least. I'll see how tomorrow pans out, I feel like I'd come across a little needy if I double message him :/
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you. That's what I was thinking.." Why would someone continue to reply if they weren't interested?" then to hint about meeting up and ask for my number, it wouldn't make sense. I'm just not used to the lack of communication (I know I've only known him a couple of days). Guys usually get in touch quite a bit in the beginning at least. I'll see how tomorrow pans out, I feel like I'd come across a little needy if I double message him :/

Fair enough, it's easy to overthink these things but honestly some people are just bad with keeping in contact lol
Reply 5
Fair enough, it's easy to overthink these things but honestly some people are just bad with keeping in contact lol

Well he didn't get in touch. So I'm guessing he was never really interested.
Original post by Anonymous
Well he didn't get in touch. So I'm guessing he was never really interested.

Aw, I'm sorry :frown: well he's clearly not worth it then, I'm sure you'll find someone much better, if he didn't have the decency to at least give you an expand nation you've clearly dodged a bullet, good luck in future
Reply 7
Well this is really hard. All I can say is if he is really interested in you, he will pursue you.
Not advice but you're brave giving your number to a guy who you just met online a few days ago! Damn
Reply 9
Aw, I'm sorry :frown: well he's clearly not worth it then, I'm sure you'll find someone much better, if he didn't have the decency to at least give you an expand nation you've clearly dodged a bullet, good luck in future

Original post by ellej93
Well this is really hard. All I can say is if he is really interested in you, he will pursue you.

Thank you both. He actually messaged me a while ago, he apologised for taking long to message me because he was busy with work. Just when I thought he never would. Haven't had much luck with dating lately, so I tend to expect the worst sadly 😔

Original post by bhangal96
Not advice but you're brave giving your number to a guy who you just met online a few days ago! Damn

Lool I seem to find it easy to determine if someone is genuine or not quite early on. So far I haven't had any horror stories and I did my research. Me and this guy have mutual friends etc so I was confident he wasn't a catfish.
Lool I seem to find it easy to determine if someone is genuine or not quite early on. So far I haven't had any horror stories and I did my research. Me and this guy have mutual friends etc so I was confident he wasn't a catfish.

Ah that's good and im glad you haven't had any story horror stories. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest