The Student Room Group

Origin Of Your Username?

Scroll to see replies

Let me tell you a tale of how my final username came about.

First, AuraSpirit. I was still riding the wave of Lucario being the 'c00lest pokemans eva!!!' so I came up with that name semi randomly.

As I came to use a website called Pokemon Showdown (a pokemon battle sim with real time chat forums), I decided on a whim to change my name to AuraPlusle (as in the cute, electric gen 3 positive rodent) because whilst I wanted AuraPulse, it was taken and pulse kinda looks like Plusle.

Then since a common auth in the room I frequented was referred to as aura, I decided to change my prefix to Aria because whilst it looks similar, it is clearly different. Plus I like Meloetta and that has a Aria form.

Finally, as I came to know Danganronpa (to sum up, 16 talented students get trapped in a school by a robotic bear and the only way to escape is to kill somebody and get through a trial without getting caught), which has heavy references between the clash of hope and despair...

A actually legit spoiler, not just me being dramatic here.

Spoiler

Reply 61
Original post by Federerr
Federer = Taken :unimpressed:

Jokes.
Original post by Zinann
Jokes.

Banta.
Reply 63
Original post by Federerr
Banta.

Spelt that word wrong too haha.
Original post by Zinann
Spelt that word wrong too haha.

Jokes.
Original post by ravioliyears
:rofl:

Urmmmm ravioli is a nickname given to me and years because of my love for the band Years and Years :tongue:

theres a band called ravioli?
Reply 66
My nickname is Gus and i'm an original gus/gangster/ghassan. So it sorta went to became OGGUS
Original post by quasa
theres a band called ravioli?

Hmh? Not that I know of...
Original post by z33
Avenged Sevenfold mainly, Queen, Breaking Benjamin, Bring Me The Horizon, Twenty One Pilots I like me a few Tool songs, a few Alter Bridge songs, and a few random songs from different bands xD

cool, another muslim who likes alternative rock
Original post by BristolFresher15
What does your username mean/refer to? What made you choose it?

My birth....

My avatar, now that's another story...

DRINK!!
Origin of my username

when i was younger i used to have this recurring dream every night that developed like some kind of alternate world in my head, and the main chick in it was called wingsly. this went on until i was around 13, i Don't dream about it anymore and i can't remember what the story actually was but i still use the name for just about everything
Reply 72

It's my name in Japanese and it was unique and rare in 2014 so I used it. Also whenever I see my name It makes think of the colour pure white and the colour pure white reminds me of winters pure white snow and I LOVE snow, and whenever I think of pure white snow I Imagine myself sleeping beside a tall tree in the middle of an abandoned winter forest, while a violent blizzard surrounds me in the abandoned winter forest. In a way it makes me feel warm, nurtured and gives me a sense of protection and familiarity.

And I also like the fact White represents: innocence, purity and serenity.
Reply 73
Original post by Blondie987
I made this account in 2014 and didn't want to use my real name, I had just had the ends of my hair died blonde and the rest is history :u:

So 1987 is when you were born? Ok got it!
Original post by Eriasu
So 1987 is when you were born? Ok got it!

Hahahahaha no :colonhash: lol

I was born in '96
I just have no creativity whatsoever:laugh:
http://www.spinxo.com/
Reply 76
Hahahahaha no :colonhash: lol

I was born in '96

Just a joke o/
Original post by Eriasu
Just a joke o/

Lol, I know me too

Plato + Platypus = Platopus
Reply 79
Lol, I know me too

Woah! so you're actually born in 1987?! Nice, nice.

Quick Reply

Latest