The Student Room Group

How can i get invited to partys

I have never been invited to a party except for the ones in primary school.

Im in year 12 atm and I am in fact sociable and likeable or atleast I think I am. But never been invited to a damn party or outing or invited to be a plus one. Yep okay unluckily most times the host doesn't know me, but still people bring plus ones ffs.

Quite annoying to see everyone having fun, and im just here being non productive in a boring way.
Reply 1
what's a "partys?"
Original post by Anonymous

Im in year 12 atm and I am in fact sociable and likeable or atleast I think I am. But never been invited to a damn party or outing or invited to be a plus one. Yep okay unluckily most times the host doesn't know me, but still people bring plus ones ffs.

Quite annoying to see everyone having fun, and im just here being non productive in a boring way.

I think the key is to form a strong friendship with your friends. When I joined a new Sixth Form I met a really friendly guy who instantly made me feel comfortable at Sixth Form we became really good friends. Throughout our A levels we would usually help each other and teach each other if we didn't understand certain things. If he wanted me to do him a favour I would always say YES! The more I helped him, the more he trusted me. Our friendship grew stronger throughout the year and then out of no where he suddenly invited me to his friend's 18th Birthday party. For now just be patient and concentrate on making really close friends because they will be inviting you when you least expect it. Good luck! :u:
Reply 3
Original post by DeadEnd_96
I think the key is to form a strong friendship with your friends. When I joined a new Sixth Form I met a really friendly guy who instantly made me feel comfortable at Sixth Form we became really good friends. Throughout our A levels we would usually help each other and teach each other if we didn't understand certain things. If he wanted me to do him a favour I would always say YES! The more I helped him, the more he trusted me. Our friendship grew stronger throughout the year and then out of no where he suddenly invited me to his friend's 18th Birthday party. For now just be patient and concentrate on making really close friends because they will be inviting you when you least expect it. Good luck! :u:

Been trying to make close friends but i think im just really bad at it. I have so many friends but its true that i dont have close friends. Maybe im just an introvert outside of 6th form
Been trying to make close friends but i think im just really bad at it. I have so many friends but its true that i dont have close friends. Maybe im just an introvert outside of 6th form

It is better to have a few really close friends than have lots of friends that you don't know very well...

Parties are highly overrated!
Not everyone's personality is suited to parties.
Get yourself a girlfriend and spend time doing things you both like.
Reply 6
Get huge and wear a tank top.
Reply 7
Original post by DeadEnd_96
It is better to have a few really close friends than have lots of friends that you don't know very well...

Im just not that good at making close friends + my 6th form kinda feels segregated people mostly staying with their freinds from their high school.

Original post by ODES_PDES
Parties are highly overrated!

Not everyone's personality is suited to parties.
Get yourself a girlfriend and spend time doing things you both like.

If only getting a girlfriend was an easy task :biggrin:

If only getting a girlfriend was an easy task :biggrin:

Do not panic it will happen.
Your studies are equally important.
Then it is University, where people let their hair down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending