The Student Room Group

Safer out of the EU!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sdotd
These terrorists have been travelling across the EU due to free movement of people

People can travel with or without border checks. Whats your point?
Original post by Ethereal World
But why do they need to leave the EU as it is to be able to do that?

Notwithstanding that a lot of them dont know themselves they tend to be insular and anti anything EU.

Because leaving will mean. they can have stricter checks on EU citizens and prevent them coming here.

They dont have to comply with European human rights laws so they can deport people faster.

Leaving and regaining powers from brussles would allow you to do that, in theory.
Original post by Snufkin
Freedom of movement isn't the issue; nearly all of the Paris and Brussels terrorists were French and Belgian citizens. :confused:

Them being French and Belgian citizens and us being inside the EU is exactly what makes freedom of movement an issue.

Leave that **** right now :angry:
Reply 23
Original post by Slutty Salati
Them being French and Belgian citizens and us being inside the EU is exactly what makes freedom of movement an issue.

Leave that **** right now :angry:

What they mean is that the terrorists are home grown, they don't move country

Posted from TSR Mobile
Turkey should leave the EU as well because it is too easy to cause terrorist attacks there.
Original post by 999tigger
Notwithstanding that a lot of them dont know themselves they tend to be insular and anti anything EU.

Because leaving will mean. they can have stricter checks on EU citizens and prevent them coming here.

They dont have to comply with European human rights laws so they can deport people faster.

Leaving and regaining powers from brussles would allow you to do that, in theory.

What some people don't realise is that the ECHR that is being used to stifle the deportation process is not an EU institution. Hard to believe but Russia is also a signatory to this same human rights organisation.
Original post by JamesN88
What some people don't realise is that the ECHR that is being used to stifle the deportation process is not an EU institution. Hard to believe but Russia is also a signatory to this same human rights organisation.

Its European so as far as they are concerned, even if they dont know what it is, its EU and to be opposed.
Original post by Snufkin
Freedom of movement isn't the issue; nearly all of the Paris and Brussels terrorists were French and Belgian citizens. :confused:

Who could easily travel to the UK, thank you for proving my point.
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
Who could easily travel to the UK, thank you for proving my point.

His point is that the biggest threat is from radicalised British nationals, and not militants from elsewhere coming across legally.
Original post by Frank Underwood
His point is that the biggest threat is from radicalised British nationals, and not militants from elsewhere coming across legally.

Clearly there is also a huge threat from the continent, why risk it, your argument is completely invalid, think to the future that's the whole point of this referendum. Once again supporting my argument, thank you.
Clearly there is also a huge threat from the continent, why risk it, your argument is completely invalid, think to the future that's the whole point of this referendum. Once again supporting my argument, thank you.

There isn't a huge threat.

The Brussels attacks killed 35 people and the Paris attacks killed 132, and the latter was considered a highly sophisticated attack.

I wouldn't say thats a huge threat, it's a threat, yes. But it isn't so large that it justifies us leaving the EU based solely on that.

I'd be much more worried if these sorts of attacks occurred as often as they do in the Middle East.
There isn't a huge threat.

The Brussels attacks killed 35 people and the Paris attacks killed 132, and the latter was considered a highly sophisticated attack.

I wouldn't say thats a huge threat, it's a threat, yes. But it isn't so large that it justifies us leaving the EU based solely on that.

I'd be much more worried if these sorts of attacks occurred as often as they do in the Middle East.

There isn't a huge threat? what the hell are you talking about? You are actually undermining lives and the importance of these attacks. They are becoming more common, the way things are going I would expect many more similar attacks and i'm sure if you or those close to you get caught up in one then it will become a much larger threat. You seriously have no argument and are endangering the lives of millions just because you can't admit there is a big threat that would be reduced by leaving. Seriously the remain camp either scaremonger or reduce the impact of an event that we should actually be cautious about. Seriously can't believe I just saw what you posted, I'm actually terrified that people like you help determine the outcome of such an important vote.

Why wait for it to be like that? If we had it your way we would probably be like the middle east because you only see something as a threat once its killed tens of thousands. Have you heard of planning ahead and protecting oneself. Seriously think before you post utter drivel.
There isn't a huge threat? what the hell are you talking about? You are actually undermining lives and the importance of these attacks. They are becoming more common, the way things are going I would expect many more similar attacks and i'm sure if you or those close to you get caught up in one then it will become a much larger threat. You seriously have no argument and are endangering the lives of millions just because you can't admit there is a big threat that would be reduced by leaving. Seriously the remain camp either scaremonger or reduce the impact of an event that we should actually be cautious about. Seriously can't believe I just saw what you posted, I'm actually terrified that people like you help determine the outcome of such an important vote.

The biggest threat is our reaction to it.

There are people calling to ban all refugees because of terrorist attacks committed by BELGIAN AND FRENCH NATIONALS.

Leaving the EU will not protect us from radicalised nationals, all it will do is slow down militants from Syria or Iraq or Libya coming in through the migration net.

I'll be voting in, we are stronger united and it is ludicrous to think that we should leave because of these attacks.
The biggest threat is our reaction to it.

There are people calling to ban all refugees because of terrorist attacks committed by BELGIAN AND FRENCH NATIONALS.

Leaving the EU will not protect us from radicalised nationals, all it will do is slow down militants from Syria or Iraq or Libya coming in through the migration net.

I'll be voting in, we are stronger united and it is ludicrous to think that we should leave because of these attacks.

You are seriously deluded, you do realise the real security strength is Nato not the EU so leaving the EU will not divide us at all and will give us greater control over our bodies, a basic for national security.

"All it will do is slow down militants from Syria or Iraq or Libya coming in through the migration net". Once again thank you for supporting my argument you make this too easy, it won't just slow them down it should stop them completely if we do it right.

In regards to the genuine refugees they need to be very carefully monitored and undergo intensive checks before we even consider letting one in.

The real danger is from people like you who don't understand the basic risks and have to wait for attacks to happen before we do anything. Act now why we can and stop anymore deaths.

Radicalised nationals are one issue that leaving the EU won't solve but it will help reduce others entering the country and we clearly need to do more to stop those already here.

Its not the only reason to leave the EU, go and do some very basic research and you will see all the reasons to leave. Beginning to think you don't really know anything as your arguments are so bad and either half baked or wrong. Once again I can't believe people actually gather opinions like yours, the education system in this country seriously fails some.
You are seriously deluded, you do realise the real security strength is Nato not the EU so leaving the EU will not divide us at all and will give us greater control over our bodies, a basic for national security.

"All it will do is slow down militants from Syria or Iraq or Libya coming in through the migration net". Once again thank you for supporting my argument you make this too easy, it won't just slow them down it should stop them completely if we do it right.

In regards to the genuine refugees they need to be very carefully monitored and undergo intensive checks before we even consider letting one in.

The real danger is from people like you who don't understand the basic risks and have to wait for attacks to happen before we do anything. Act now why we can and stop anymore deaths.

Radicalised nationals are one issue that leaving the EU won't solve but it will help reduce others entering the country and we clearly need to do more to stop those already here.

Its not the only reason to leave the EU, go and do some very basic research and you will see all the reasons to leave. Beginning to think you don't really know anything as your arguments are so bad and either half baked or wrong. Once again I can't believe people actually gather opinions like yours, the education system in this country seriously fails some.

Not going to discuss with someone who starts their argument off with "you are seriously deluded".

I've made my reasons clear, if you disagree that's fine but you can lay off the attacks.
Not going to discuss with someone who starts their argument off with "you are seriously deluded".

I've made my reasons clear, if you disagree that's fine but you can lay off the attacks.

Your reasons are just ridiculous, clearly deluded. If you call that an attack then you must live in a bubble, well tbh your views show you clearly do. Also clearly scared to argue because you know you are wrong.
Your reasons are just ridiculous, clearly deluded. If you call that an attack then you must live in a bubble, well tbh your views show you clearly do. Also clearly scared to argue because you know you are wrong.

Welcome to my block list.

If you want to start discussing, quit the attacks.
Welcome to my block list.

If you want to start discussing, quit the attacks.

Just block everything out don't you, welcome to the real world and I'm not attacking you I'm just stating facts. Get over yourself.
Original post by Snufkin

Then how did they get their weapons? I can accept that much of the issue is homegrown (although Cologne is more migrants) but I don't think its as easy to manufacture weapons in paris as it is to move them in from the middle east.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending