The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
What can I do? Nothing is helping? It's been almost 4 weeks since our friendship ended and I am not getting better. When will this misery stop? I've been to hospital, gp, I will go to counselling soon. I still don't think any of this will help.
I feel anxious and worried and upset and a million other emotions.
I will never see her again. This kills me

Nothing is helping cos you continue to do nothing to help yourself. We explicitly told you NOT to contact/approach this girl again and you've just done the polar opposite by trying to reason with her once more. You are point blank refusing to move on with your life despite the fact she has made it abundantly clear she wants nothing to do with you. And even worse, you are giving up on the idea of medical help already cos you are so fixed in your ways that the only thing to make this better is having her back in your life. With all this considered I think you are destined to feel miserable for the foreseeable future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frozen_fire
Nothing is helping cos you continue to do nothing to help yourself. We explicitly told you NOT to contact/approach this girl again and you've just done the polar opposite by trying to reason with her once more. You are point blank refusing to move on with your life despite the fact she has made it abundantly clear she wants nothing to do with you. And even worse, you are giving up on the idea of medical help already cos you are so fixed in your ways that the only thing to make this better is having her back in your life. With all this considered I think you are destined to feel miserable for the foreseeable future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was my last chance to see her and talk to her and I knew if I didn't try I would regret it later.
I know she wants nothing to do with me - this HURTS me and pains me.
I know for a fact if she did come back in my life, I would feel a million times better than I do right now. Fact. But that's not going to happen.
I don't want to be miserable anymore..it's ruining my life. I feel pain inside all the time. I feel helpless and empty. I really wish this did not happen.
Original post by georgiaswift
Everyone just stop replying. Each time we reply it bumps it up to the top of the page when nothing any of us have said or will say will help him. After two years of posting on this goddamn site (along with several others), he needs to learn that posting here isn't helping him.

Stop tryin g to tell others what to do.

You constant moaning and acting superior is more annoying than him

You just stop replying.
It was my last chance to see her and talk to her and I knew if I didn't try I would regret it later.
I know she wants nothing to do with me - this HURTS me and pains me.
I know for a fact if she did come back in my life, I would feel a million times better than I do right now. Fact. But that's not going to happen.
I don't want to be miserable anymore..it's ruining my life. I feel pain inside all the time. I feel helpless and empty. I really wish this did not happen.

You have probably built a dependency on this girl based around emotional attachment, Possibly love. She is not good for you, nor is she what you truly desire. You want the sense of her being around and you want mental and emotional equilibrium. You don't actually want her. That's why you are fighting for her so much. If you really cared for her, you would give her space, you would respect her and her wishes. You are selfish and are only looking out for yourself. You are even doing it the wrong way, by trying to get this drug, this obsession back into your life.

Don't go near this girl again. If you go near her you will keep falling. Each time you fall it gets harder to pick yourself up. It will get to the point where everyone has abandoned you and you can't pick yourself up any more. That's when you make bad decisions, you know what I'm talking about.

Don't tell me about your emotions, i already know how you feel. Just change. Make yourself a stronger man.
Original post by georgiaswift
Everyone just stop replying. Each time we reply it bumps it up to the top of the page when nothing any of us have said or will say will help him. After two years of posting on this goddamn site (along with several others), he needs to learn that posting here isn't helping him.

You don't know what this guys environment is like. he could be completely isolated and excluded from every group he was associated with or apart off. Not replying to his pleas for help in my book is therefore pretty mean. Try to empathise with him, and consider every predisposition he has had, that has lead him to where he is now. I know he pisses you off, but i believe everyone should have a helping hand. This is why this forum is so great. Oh yeah and you said that nothing we say and is saying or will say is helping him, clearly it is a he is seeking clinical help. Plus i'm different from you so i have a different perspective so don't assume what i say will not help him.

And don't tell people what to do.
Climb over her, how big is she?
Original post by tailred
You don't know what this guys environment is like. he could be completely isolated and excluded from every group he was associated with or apart off. Not replying to his pleas for help in my book is therefore pretty mean. Try to empathise with him, and consider every predisposition he has had, that has lead him to where he is now. I know he pisses you off, but i believe everyone should have a helping hand. This is why this forum is so great. Oh yeah and you said that nothing we say and is saying or will say is helping him, clearly it is a he is seeking clinical help. Plus i'm different from you so i have a different perspective so don't assume what i say will not help him.

And don't tell people what to do.

Have you read all his previous threads on this girl? Georgia has been very helpful to him in those threads and the op has ignored her advice so it is frustrating. She is right there is nothing we can say to help him only he can plus he has received plenty of advice on this thread so don't know why it isn't closed.
He has plenty of friends who he chooses not to hang out with but are very supportive but he preferred the company of this girl instead.
Original post by chikane
Have you read all his previous threads on this girl? Georgia has been very helpful to him in those threads and the op has ignored her advice so it is frustrating. She is right there is nothing we can say to help him only he can plus he has received plenty of advice on this thread so don't know why it isn't closed.
He has plenty of friends who he chooses not to hang out with but are very supportive but he preferred the company of this girl instead.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for standing up for me :smile:
Original post by tailred
You have probably built a dependency on this girl based around emotional attachment, Possibly love. She is not good for you, nor is she what you truly desire. You want the sense of her being around and you want mental and emotional equilibrium. You don't actually want her. That's why you are fighting for her so much. If you really cared for her, you would give her space, you would respect her and her wishes. You are selfish and are only looking out for yourself. You are even doing it the wrong way, by trying to get this drug, this obsession back into your life.

Don't go near this girl again. If you go near her you will keep falling. Each time you fall it gets harder to pick yourself up. It will get to the point where everyone has abandoned you and you can't pick yourself up any more. That's when you make bad decisions, you know what I'm talking about.

Don't tell me about your emotions, i already know how you feel. Just change. Make yourself a stronger man.

Probably right. I do feel emotionally attached to her. And I love her. I am sure of that regardless of what anyone else thinks. I've never felt so strongly about a girl before, and there have been 4-5 girls in my life before. But this particular one I just felt like I really loved and still do.

She is not good for me. Just seeing her makes me extremely stressed because when I see her, I just feel regret and pain, and she just doesn't like me anymore and this just leaves an empty feeling in my heart.

I have to disagree a bit. I do want her!! I do care about her, but she doesn't care about me. It's not easy to just let go and respect her wishes. Because this friendship ended so suddenly and badly that I just keep regretting all my actions and behaviour and I desperately wanted another chance. I just loved her so much and I could not control my emotions, my feels just kept getting in the way.

It's easter break now so won't see her for 2 weeks. And after the break we have like 2 classes left, so I may possibly see her or not maybe not. Other than that, that's it. Maybe in July I might see her at graduation. But that's it. I can never see or talk to her again. I am blocked from everywhere and she does not want me in her life.

This hurts me. I feel heartbroken. But ok. I definitely need to make myself a lot STRONGER. I never knew I was this weak. It's pathetic really. I am ashamed of how I much this has affected me.

All I know is that this will NEVER happen with another girl again. I will not get emotionally attached or be clingy or needy or childish or whatever else I have done wrong. One day I will look back at this and cringe.

But I know I will always love this girl. I will never hate her. She will always be in my heart.
Original post by chikane

She has. She has been very nice and supportive. It's not that I have ignored the advice, sometimes I just cannot make myself to do it. For example, the chance of being with her or hanging out with her or talking with her, it's just too good to pass down.

The thing was, all the advice was pretty much stop being friends with this girl etc, and that was something I did not want to do. I wanted her in my life. Because now that she is not in my life, I feel 100 times worse than I did last month.

I do have friends, and do stay with them, but yeah I preferred the company of the girl. Because I LOVED being with her. Despite all this bad stuff, we had some pretty good memories and good times together.

God it kills me that this ended so badly.
She has. She has been very nice and supportive. It's not that I have ignored the advice, sometimes I just cannot make myself to do it. For example, the chance of being with her or hanging out with her or talking with her, it's just too good to pass down.

The thing was, all the advice was pretty much stop being friends with this girl etc, and that was something I did not want to do. I wanted her in my life. Because now that she is not in my life, I feel 100 times worse than I did last month.

I do have friends, and do stay with them, but yeah I preferred the company of the girl. Because I LOVED being with her. Despite all this bad stuff, we had some pretty good memories and good times together.

God it kills me that this ended so badly.

Find another woman to fancy and you will quickly forget your friend it will work.
Original post by chikane
Find another woman to fancy and you will quickly forget your friend it will work.

OK. When I feel ready to do that I will. Although I know I will just compare every girl with her. Gosh I put her on such a pedastal. But I lost myself loving her. It's like everything was connected to and through her. That wasn't healthy.

I will never get so close to a friend again (especially when unrequited feelings are involved).

I was a stupid kid 3 years ago I didn't know anything about girls.

I had to go through all of this and suffer and learn from it. I just wished it wasn't with her.

Even now, I think about her everyday and I miss her dearly.
OK. When I feel ready to do that I will. Although I know I will just compare every girl with her. Gosh I put her on such a pedastal. But I lost myself loving her. It's like everything was connected to and through her. That wasn't healthy.

I will never get so close to a friend again (especially when unrequited feelings are involved).

I was a stupid kid 3 years ago I didn't know anything about girls.

I had to go through all of this and suffer and learn from it. I just wished it wasn't with her.

Even now, I think about her everyday and I miss her dearly.

She was really horrible to you i would NEVER speak to a friend the way she spoke to you even if they had feelings for me i would try and be polite but she didnt care for your feelings at all if you think of all her negative qualities you will get over her.
Original post by chikane
She was really horrible to you i would NEVER speak to a friend the way she spoke to you even if they had feelings for me i would try and be polite but she didnt care for your feelings at all if you think of all her negative qualities you will get over her.

Thanks. I guess, although I am placing all the blame on myself and not her. If I wasn't so childish, needy, clingy, jealous, getting upset for small things, acting like her bf, etc, then possibly this may not have happened. The thing which kind of disappoints me is that she refuses to take any places, and keeps saying she gave me many chances. She was not a perfect friend. I feel she did take advantage of me sometimes because she knew I liked her.

But, yeah, she did not care. She has moved on, she has forgotten me so easily. It's a really bitter reality
Original post by chikane

I have seen some of his threads and I have seen Georgia replies/advice. She offers great support and advice, I'm not denying that. He does not seem to follow it either. But (and i can vouch for this) following advice is much more difficult than it seems. We need to empathise.

I'm saying that not replying to this man that seems to be in a lot of pain does not seem to be the best course of action, especially because this has been going on for 2 years. I'm Not saying i am going to be here for him or anything, just that the whole of TSR should not stop replying to this man due to one persons perspective.
I know a lot of people have tried to help and give me advice and everything, but it's just not been easy to follow through. I wish I had more control over my emotions and I didn't act the way I did. I really wanted her to give me another chance. But she didn't.

I think about her every single day. It makes me feel very sad. It all seems so surreal still, that she is just gone out of my life just like that. All I have left now is memories.

When I spoke to her on wednesday I looked into her eyes, and it was just coldness. She wasn't laughing or talking to me sincerely, it was as though she felt nothing towards me and it really made me feel sad.

We used to be such good friends, and now we are strangers. And she will never come back in my life. And, she doesn't seem to care at all, she looks happy, she has moved on so easily.

Did our friendship not mean anything to her? I know it affects me more because I like her, but still, it's just really really sad.

I miss her so much. I miss how we used to be friends. Even if she hurt me or said bad things to me, I still miss her. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about her :frown:
I was really missing her today so I looked at one of our pics together. And it just made me feel 100 times worse and it put tears in my eyes. I think I will just put these pictures somewhere where I cannot look at them easily. God it's killing me.

Why is this affecting me so much? I must be the worst case scenario on this earth.
I was really missing her today so I looked at one of our pics together. And it just made me feel 100 times worse and it put tears in my eyes. I think I will just put these pictures somewhere where I cannot look at them easily. God it's killing me.

Why is this affecting me so much? I must be the worst case scenario on this earth.

Tbh suck it up. Go eat ice-cream or something. There are plenty of girls the will love/like you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had gifts from a friend who i cared about she made me little origami and when she left work she didn't keep in contact with me so i threw all her gifts in the bin so i wouldn't be reminded of her and this has helped i know you won't do this as you want to cling onto her but if you do it will help you move on.
Man up

Latest

Trending

Trending