The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Refugees in Europe might suffer from PTSD?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MJlover
right? I have tried to look for it and don't think I can find the original report, and I don't think this Columbia student/teacher would make it up, i don't care anymore about ur posts

Then you can't substantiate your claim and people must assume that this intern teacher which is effectively a student has either lied or cited a very obscure report.

You obviously do care as you keep replying but once again you have substantiated nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by paul514
I haven't brought race or religion on this could you show anymore behaviours of a defeated person?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was I talking to you? I meant generally on tsr I see a lot of bigotry toward muslims and minorities. my comment was made in an off topic context to another user
Original post by MJlover
Was I talking to you? I meant generally on tsr I see a lot of bigotry toward muslims and minorities. my comment was made in an off topic context to another user

But can we even trust your judgement when you can't substantiate claims?

Now you are being trolled lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by paul514
Then you can't substantiate your claim and people must assume that this intern teacher which is effectively a student has either lied or cited a very obscure report.

You obviously do care as you keep replying but once again you have substantiated nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually find it perfectly OK to reference other's academic work and did it when I was at uni and professors didn't mark it against me.
Reply 84
Original post by paul514
But can we even trust your judgement when you can't substantiate claims?

Now you are being trolled lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

control freak
Original post by MJlover
I actually find it perfectly OK to reference other's academic work and did it when I was at uni and professors didn't mark it against me.

If I were citing a review of evidence which is supposed to be what that link is then I wouldn't do so without checking their references otherwise I'd end up looking like a tit like you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover
control freak

See can't trust your judgements lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover
you have look at your own posts, black this, somali that!
ok you legit have mental issues
Reply 88
Original post by paul514
If I were citing a review of evidence which is supposed to be what that link is then I wouldn't do so without checking their references otherwise I'd end up looking like a tit like you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its highly likely that the source is correct

stop quoting me
Original post by MJlover
Its highly likely that the source is correct

stop quoting me

Is it? You can't link their source, they are a student at a USA university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by MC_booSack
ok you legit have mental issues

nope look at your own posts. obvious reverse troll is obvious.
Reply 91
Original post by paul514
Is it? You can't link their source, they are a student at a USA university

Posted from TSR Mobile

so? and its a highly reputed uni, one of the best in the US and world, are you saying they'd let students quote evidence out of thin air? especially an MA student?
Original post by MJlover
nope look at your own posts. obvious reverse troll is obvious.
lol but you actually do have mental issues (PTSD and psychosis i believe).
Reply 93
Original post by MC_booSack
lol but you actually do have mental issues (PTSD and psychosis i believe).

have psychologists/counselling and am close to leaving them... I hope you know much of an idiot you sound bringing up someone's private health in a debate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MJlover
x

I made a point not too different from this about a year ago regarding refugees fighting on a boat and some got pushed overboard. But basically, it doesn't seem unfathomable that experiences have had a negative effect upon them. To borrow from my old post:

[What we often have is people] travelling hundreds if not thousands of miles, and then crossing the sea in a small, overcrowded boat, with people who would be tired from the travelling and probably hungry, thirsty and irritable; then I could imagine arguments quite easily breaking out. Add to that the fact that we have individuals who speak different languages, practice different religions and come from different countries, where previous hostilities probably already exist.

One does have to ask whether we are doing the necessary checks on people coming in to ensure that they haven't been psychologically effected by their experiences, and if so, are we providing them with the necessary therapy and care. Also, it seems to me that we seen to throw all refugees/migrants (or whatever term you wish to use) together, ignoring the fact that they often come from different countries, speak different language, have different cultures, different religions etc.. Hostilities that already existed between these groups and they wont suddenly magically disappear and so obviously there will be a lot of tension.

It is quite clear also that a negative environment can have huge negative effects on individuals. One only needs to look at prisons. People often get sent to prison for small petty crimes, but their mixing with much more violent and aggressive criminals in a rather horrible environment often results in them becoming more hardened criminals. We can see the negative effects when we look at the high rates of re-offenders. If we are having these issues with prisoners, then it isn't unfathomable that we will have issues with people escaping from war zones, who will also have been negatively affected by their environment.
Original post by MJlover
so? and its a highly reputed uni, one of the best in the US and world, are you saying they'd let students quote evidence out of thin air? especially an MA student?

What is their procedure to check it? You don't know and neither do I so you go straight back to the source of the apparent facts which you can't link.

Also thinking a student author automatically gives authority to a report is hilarious that is what qualifications are for.
Its even funnier for it to be a USA university student which is an elective module system for their undergraduate so someone who goes to a poly in this country and studies psychology has probably done more psychology study than the author before MA.

Next the original source she cites let's assume it is real.

What was the sample size? Which method of diagnosis did they use? Which definition of PTSD? ICD-10? DSM-IV? DSM-V? How many sessions did they have?

I could go on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover
have psychologists/counselling and am close to leaving them... I hope you know much of an idiot you sound bringing up someone's private health in a debate.
so don't accuse me of being racist. where i'm from people get buried in the desert for less than that
Reply 97
Original post by paul514
What is their procedure to check it? You don't know and neither do I so you go straight back to the source of the apparent facts which you can't link.

Also thinking a student author automatically gives authority to a report is hilarious that is what qualifications are for.
Its even funnier for it to be a USA university student which is an elective module system for their undergraduate so someone who goes to a poly in this country and studies psychology has probably done more psychology study than the author before MA.

Next the original source she cites let's assume it is real.

What was the sample size? Which method of diagnosis did they use? Which definition of PTSD? ICD-10? DSM-IV? DSM-V? How many sessions did they have?

I could go on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not an elective module system if they're doing an MA - in America and elsewhere.

Obviously MA students are more supervised than undergraduates so would
need a Professor to authorize published studies.

Of course she knows more as a grad student (and on her personal site, it says she has majored in Psychology as an undergrad).

I don't know the specifics of PTSD as I study History :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MJlover
Its not an elective module system if they're doing an MA - in America and elsewhere.

Obviously MA students are more supervised than undergraduates so would
need a Professor to authorize published studies.

Of course she knows more as a grad student (and on her personal site, it says she has majored in Psychology as an undergrad).

I don't know the specifics of PTSD as I study History :s

She's doing an MA, so her previous qualification was an undergrad in an elective system. Point stands.

As does everything else I've said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by paul514
She's doing an MA, so her previous qualification was an undergrad in an elective system. Point stands.

As does everything else I've said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

she graduated in psychology as an undergrad meaning she focused on that for her second third and fourth years.

Latest

Trending

Trending