The Student Room Group

best friend betrayed me!!!

hey guys, i hope you are all doing well

so me and my "best friend" were friends ever since primary school. we were just like sisters we did everything together. i just loved her to bits, but something big happened that changed everything. Me and my boyfriend were together for five years now, since we were 18 ,so yeah a pretty long time and i just recently found out that he was sleeping with her, and you would never guess where i caught them ! IN MY BEDROOM!!!!! i was away for a whole day to look after mum who was ill at the time, so they took advantage of this, i came back after a long day and i see them on top of each other in my BED :frown:. so i asked them what they were doing and they admitted they were sleeping together and it has been going on for a while now. they told me they were in a " relationship" for three months and it's not the first time they have slept together and they have been hooking up for a long time (now i know why my boyfriend has been acting so weird) so i ran out of the house crying. i just couldn't handle the betrayal. so after a day or two my "friend" called and asked if we could speak about this. At first i was reluctant but then after a lot of convincing i agreed. so i confronted her and she told me she's "sorry" ( but she wasn't very sincere) as for my boyfriend he called me a number of times but i refused to talk to him and haven't spoken to him since.i am even more hurt that my best friend could do this to me, i think this would have been much easier to cope with if it was someone else! i really don't know what to do, shall i forgive them. i am hurting so much that i have been drinking to cope. i am in a mess, is life even worth living anymore? i really need help i don't know what to do or who to turn to!! :frown::frown::frown::frown: sorry for the long post :frown::frown::frown:'

Scroll to see replies

Break that brick wall into paragraphs.
Reply 2
Original post by RezzBerry
Break that brick wall into paragraphs.

just ignore it
Life is definitely still worth living!! You have so many amazing experineces and people ahead of you. These people are not worth your time or energy, they are completely in the wrong, it's entirely up to you if you forgive them but no on would blame you if you couldn't. Take the time to hurt and heal, preferably in the presence of supportive friends and family and come out of this stronger knowing you're so much better off without them in your life, I'm sorry op but you are going to be absolutely fine.
Reply 4
How did you not kill them? I would be in jail right now.
Reply 5
No you shouldn't forgive them... Well, I know I wouldn't.

I would forgive my best friend almost anything but never this.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys, i hope you are all doing well

so me and my "best friend" were friends ever since primary school. we were just like sisters we did everything together. i just loved her to bits, but something big happened that changed everything. Me and my boyfriend were together for five years now, since we were 18 ,so yeah a pretty long time and i just recently found out that he was sleeping with her, and you would never guess where i caught them ! IN MY BEDROOM!!!!! i was away for a whole day to look after mum who was ill at the time, so they took advantage of this, i came back after a long day and i see them on top of each other in my BED :frown:. so i asked them what they were doing and they admitted they were sleeping together and it has been going on for a while now. they told me they were in a " relationship" for three months and it's not the first time they have slept together and they have been hooking up for a long time (now i know why my boyfriend has been acting so weird) so i ran out of the house crying. i just couldn't handle the betrayal. so after a day or two my "friend" called and asked if we could speak about this. At first i was reluctant but then after a lot of convincing i agreed. so i confronted her and she told me she's "sorry" ( but she wasn't very sincere) as for my boyfriend he called me a number of times but i refused to talk to him and haven't spoken to him since.i am even more hurt that my best friend could do this to me, i think this would have been much easier to cope with if it was someone else! i really don't know what to do, shall i forgive them. i am hurting so much that i have been drinking to cope. i am in a mess, is life even worth living anymore? i really need help i don't know what to do or who to turn to!! :frown::frown::frown::frown: sorry for the long post :frown::frown::frown:'

Wow this really is a nightmare situation for you. If you want to talk to someone on here you can PM me. :smile: I think you can lose your Boyfriend or you "best friend", but not both at once. I know your best friend hurt you, and you have been betrayed by her. However you couldn't handle losing both of them from your life at the same time. So I would drop your Boyfriend from your life and stay friends with your "best friend", until you can find someone else to be your new best friend. Do you have any family, your mother you could talk to? Or any other friend you could go a be with and take in what has happened and how you feel? Please don't harm yourself, you will get through this, I promise you. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Alfed
Wow this really is a nightmare situation for you. If you want to talk to someone on here you can PM me. :smile: I think you can lose your Boyfriend or you "best friend", but not both at once. I know your best friend hurt you, and you have been betrayed by her. However you couldn't handle losing both of them from your life at the same time. So I would drop your Boyfriend from your life and stay friends with your "best friend", until you can find someone else to be your new best friend.

She already lost them, it's their fault, anything less is weak.
Reply 8
Original post by whorace
She already lost them, it's their fault, anything less is weak.

What?
Reply 9
Original post by Alfed
What?

A friend does not sleep with a friend's boyfriend. She has no friends.
Reply 10
Original post by whorace
A friend does not sleep with a friend's boyfriend. She has no friends.

I don't care about them, I care about the OP. If she loses her boyfriend and "best friend" at the same time she loses all her emotional support. That would cause her more pain than she could handle. She need to maintain some sort of emotional support, as she takes the time to friend other people.
Reply 11
Original post by Alfed
I don't care about them, I care about the OP. If she loses her boyfriend and "best friend" at the same time she loses all her emotional support. That would cause her more pain than she could handle. She need to maintain some sort of emotional support, as she takes the time to friend other people.

Emotional support from the girl who is shagging your boyfriend? Not sure if srs
Reply 12
Original post by whorace
Emotional support from the girl who is shagging your boyfriend? Not sure if srs

You can't just drop your feelings for people like that, it takes time.
Reply 13
I would recommend dropping both of them from your life as all relationships in life are built on trust and you can't trust these people.
I also recommend you find someone you trust and can talk about this with
Reply 14
Original post by Alfed

Weak weak weak
Reply 15
Original post by Alfed

It does but you shouldn't keep those people in your life
Reply 16
Original post by whorace
Weak weak weak

I agree, but calling someone weak doesn't help them does it.
Reply 17
Original post by joecphillips
It does but you shouldn't keep those people in your life

I agree, but it takes time to remove people from your life.
Reply 18
Original post by Alfed
I agree, but calling someone weak doesn't help them does it.

[video="youtube;QpZhugomNJE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZhugomNJE[/video]
mts
Reply 19
Original post by Alfed
I agree, but it takes time to remove people from your life.

It takes 2 seconds to remove someone from your life it is what comes after that is hard that is why I also recommend they confide in someone they can trust about this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending