The Student Room Group

Bank of America Merrill Lynch- Banking Uncovered 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Good luck dude. What exactly does this software automate? 'Analysing companies' is quite vague.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Several factors.

Essentially,

Easy, user-friendly interface in which you input certain information about a company, and a range of projections are returned pertaining to M&A etc, very broad....

Data can also be uploaded in the software, and projections etc are returned.
Original post by DrownedDeity
Several factors.

Essentially,

Easy, user-friendly interface in which you input certain information about a company, and a range of projections are returned pertaining to M&A etc, very broad....

Data can also be uploaded in the software, and projections etc are returned.

Sounds like it'd make our lives easier more than anything ahaha
Original post by Princepieman
Sounds like it'd make our lives easier more than anything ahaha

It would mean any BTEC Barry could do your job, hence making your job redundant.
It would mean any BTEC Barry could do your job, hence making your job redundant.

That's already the case tbf. It's not going to stop banks being prestige whores or hiring analysts to do the low level 'research and analyses' for senior bankers. I can definitely see this wiping out a lot of jobs, but not enough for the role of an IBD Analyst to become redundant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm working with comp sci grads on an program that analyses companies etc...with the aim being to replace Investment Bankers. There's good progress and I reckon it'll be operational between June this year and June 2018. I can't wait until banks fire 50%+ of IB jobs and use this software instead. Indeed, I can't wait until you guys are out of a job.

LOL ok mate , i agree with you technology will replace graduate jobs but not to 50%...
I'm working with comp sci grads on an program that analyses companies etc...with the aim being to replace Investment Bankers. There's good progress and I reckon it'll be operational between June this year and June 2018. I can't wait until banks fire 50%+ of IB jobs and use this software instead. Indeed, I can't wait until you guys are out of a job.

Not quite sure how this would make IB job redundant? Would only help traders in what to buy/sell and/or make it harder for M&A guys as everyone would be chasing the best companies. Besides, if it is really good, you'd be eaten up by an algo shop.

Traders don't really do the hardcore research anyway, they have research teams for that.
Reply 207

This is quite amusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I just checked. For this particular programme BOAML have nothing to do with the application process. All the recruitment is outsourced to recruitment companies so they do not have a clue what makes a good banker. So I really do think it was a lottery more than anything to get into it. They even refused to give feedback. All makes sense now...
Original post by _Bridgewater_
Guys I just checked. For this particular programme BOAML have nothing to do with the application process. All the recruitment is outsourced to recruitment companies so they do not have a clue what makes a good banker. So I really do think it was a lottery more than anything to get into it. They even refused to give feedback. All makes sense now...

Surely you can't be serious.
Serious... it's jme... shut your mouth. Everyone baffled who are they who are you? How's jj got a Lambo too. It's a simple equation fam. You get bare p's if you get bare views and you get bare p's if you work bare hours and I get bare p's if I make bare tunes....
Serious... it's jme... shut your mouth. Everyone baffled who are they who are you? How's jj got a Lambo too. It's a simple equation fam. You get bare p's if you get bare views and you get bare p's if you work bare hours and I get bare p's if I make bare tunes....

oh please i dont care about your ts and cs

Alright calm down mate
Surely you can't be serious.

Can vouch for this i looked at the person who reviewed my application they work at a recruitment company. Not fair from BAML .
Original post by amahmoud0129
Can vouch for this i looked at the person who reviewed my application they work at a recruitment company. Not fair from BAML .

yh - someone from gti solutions?
Original post by tazza ma razza
yh - someone from gti solutions?

Correct
Have fun guys tomorrow. I am going to miss out BIG TIME... :frown:
Yep you are right , Same man have fun ffs
Reply 218
I hope everyone who's going tomorrow enjoys themselves and be sure to tell all of us who got rejected what it was like haha :colondollar:
Have fun guys tomorrow. I am going to miss out BIG TIME... :frown:

Original post by amahmoud0129
Yep you are right , Same man have fun ffs

Guys it's just an insight day..jeeez

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending