The Student Room Group

ISoc members found guilty of islamist plot

2 students and members of kings Isoc were revealed to have been attempting to source a gun and choose targets via chat forums and apps

Both islamists were said to have attended same mosque as the once infamous 'jhadi jon' Mohammed Emwazi

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reformed
2 students and members of kings Isoc were revealed to have been attempting to source a gun and choose targets via chat forums and apps

Both islamists were said to have attended same mosque as the once infamous 'jhadi jon' Mohammed Emwazi

I know you're excited to post but this topic has already been discussed below.

Perhaps you could take 20 seconds out of your life to go through the list as opposed to creating a new thread.
Reply 2
Original post by AlifunArnab

Perhaps you could take 20 seconds out of your life to go through the list as opposed to creating a new thread.

i dont have time to read other peoples threads. obviously it couldnt have been detailed enough if its not appearing in trending feed

here is the story link in full

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/23/london-terror-physics-student-guilty-over-isis-plan-to-kill-soldiers-and-police-in-uk-5771350/
Reply 3

it is also important i post this , as i went to Kings once
Reply 4

That mosque should be seriously investigated and probably shut down
i dont have time to read other peoples threads. obviously it couldnt have been detailed enough if its not appearing in trending feed

here is the story link in full

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/23/london-terror-physics-student-guilty-over-isis-plan-to-kill-soldiers-and-police-in-uk-5771350/

Did you consider that perhaps someone may have posted this story already before deciding that you should?

it is also important i post this , as i went to Kings once

Yep, you could've mentioned you went to Kings in that thread.
Reply 6
Did you consider that perhaps someone may have posted this story already before deciding that you should?

Yep, you could've mentioned you went to Kings in that thread.

this thread is already ten times more informative than that thread. if those people wish, they are welcome to join this one - all the facts and figures are available here, and the OP is a former Kings alumni. Were you there too?
Reply 7
Original post by difeo
That mosque should be seriously investigated and probably shut down

i beleive it may have been the regents park mosque as that would serve locally the ladbrook grove estates these people lived on. certainly there should be deeper investigation to the people that frequent it it
Still waiting to hear about all the Christians, Buddhists, hinduists, atheists, agnostics, jainists, shintoists, Sikhs, wiccans etc that are 'meant' to do this stuff
There was a similar plot by Imperial students a while ago. Don't try and tell me these people weren't given a chance by society and had no prospects.
Really not surprised by this. The Islamic Societies at some of the London universities are scary!
Terrorism has no religion! The IRA were christians, anyway Daesh aren't really Muslims, they only think they are :smile:

(Just like protestants aren't catholic, and catholics aren't protestant, even though they follow the same book, the interpretations are different)

Original post by dairychocolate
There was a similar plot by Imperial students a while ago. Don't try and tell me these people weren't given a chance by society and had no prospects.

They probably faced a lot of Islamophobia and racism too. Don't try and tell me that these people had the same privileges as their white counterparts
Original post by Multiculturalism
They probably faced a lot of Islamophobia and racism too. Don't try and tell me that these people had the same privileges as their white counterparts

That is total and utter speculation.

I don't get the same 'priveleges' as white people but I haven't considered turning to extremism. Clearly, these people were 'priveleged' enough to get into top unis. We're not talking about people stuck in a ghetto, here.

What little privelege they (maybe) missed out on doesn't justify becoming extremists.
Clearly, the fact that they both grew up in the same area of Jihadi John says something about that area.

Also, is Metro really a source you should be using for news? The only thing it seems to consist of are click-bait articles... Surely you should know by now that they are infamous for dismissing key information, like the numerous mental health problems Jihadi John had, for example.
Reply 14
Terrorism has no religion! The IRA were christians, anyway Daesh aren't really Muslims, they only think they are :smile:

(Just like protestants aren't catholic, and catholics aren't protestant, even though they follow the same book, the interpretations are different)

Just to make it clear. Christians follow the teachings of Christ.

If Christ isn't evident in their lives then they are not Christians.

This is what Jesus says

John 13:35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellow man has fulfilled the law

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you

Reply 16
he should be in prison anyway with that neckbeard

I guess KCL is now pretty much a muslim caliphate
Original post by dairychocolate

The president of UCL's Isoc was this guy lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farouk_Abdulmutallab
Original post by Foo.mp3
One for you here @queen-bee; may have met these chaps at one of your pro-Palestine events at Kings. Cultural enrichment ftw :borat:

I think I left uni,the same year these guy started their course and they were located at strand campus if they were studying maths or physics. They're tarnishing KCL! Argh! Wasn't there a similar situation at UCL,and their ISOC? The delta airline bomber kid,whose plot was foiled. I did meet a lot of friendly fellow KCL students at the free Palestine events the uni held but I didn't expect anything extreme was going on behind the scenes :dontknow:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending