The Student Room Group

Bishop Grosseteste Primary Primary PGCE 2016-2017

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there was anyone else doing the Primary PGCE in September 2016. I am studying towards a Primary PGCE (7-11 years), and will be moving up from Norwich so it would be nice to get to know people before September comes around.

It is only 163 days until September 1st. Ekkk.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there

I am also doing the primary PGCE at BGU but 3-7 agre range. Wow 163 days thats not so long when you say it like that. I m so exxcited ( and nervous) to start the course. Lincoln is a beautiful city, i am sure you will love it!
Reply 2
Hay. Finally someone else who is studying at BBC, hopefully we will have some lectures as a whole cohort. Hoping to get accommodation at Crosstrend House. Been to Lincoln a few times due to the interview and DBS check, and I have to agree it is a beautiful city. Just want to get my hands on the reading lists and timetables, I am so eager as I have already have my degree and skill tests.
Reply 3
Hi,
I'm doing the PGCE Primary 7-11 at BGU too. Can't wait to start. I'm moving to Lincoln as well, It's an awesome city. I've picked up a couple of PGCE books from Amazon to try and get a head start.
Septemeber seems so far away.
Reply 4
Nice to finally meet people. I have been getting books as well, I really cannot wait. I just want to get going now - well once Student Finance finally accepts the fact that I am an independent student until then I will have no money :frown:
Reply 5
What books did you get Jess?
I have to ring student finance next week. I can't remember my password from 7 years ago :s
Reply 6
Original post by LeaLeaLea
What books did you get Jess?
I have to ring student finance next week. I can't remember my password from 7 years ago :s

I have about 5 or 6 books now, all second hand from ebay :smile: as I am super busy doing my masters, working full time I emailed BGU to ask for last years reading list, obviously it is subject to change, would you like me to PM you a copy?
Reply 7
That would be great. Thanks x
Reply 8
That would be great. Thanks x

Just sent, hope that will help. You said you were moving to the area, you looking at Crosstrend House or looking to go private?
Hi there

I will be doing the Upper primary PGCE in September (7-11 years) and will be moving Lincoln from London. I'm not too sure about accommodation yet but I previously lived in Lincoln so I know the area very well. I'm currently working as a TA and can't wait for the course to hurry up and start.
Reply 10
Original post by OneAlmightyRob
Hi there

I will be doing the Upper primary PGCE in September (7-11 years) and will be moving Lincoln from London. I'm not too sure about accommodation yet but I previously lived in Lincoln so I know the area very well. I'm currently working as a TA and can't wait for the course to hurry up and start.

I know what you mean about the course starting just waiting for occupational health to update, as I have my DBS, degree and skills test complete. It feels like everything is falling together I have always wanted to be a teacher! I am sure that September will soon be here, we only really have 4 full months of nothingness, as I expected we will be in Lincoln at end of August.
Has anyone had a look into getting a school for their first placement. Not really sure when to apply and the problem is getting time off work if I need to interview. I'd like to get one in Lincoln but can just get the two weeks at one down here if it comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Has anyone had a look into getting a school for their first placement. Not really sure when to apply and the problem is getting time off work if I need to interview. I'd like to get one in Lincoln but can just get the two weeks at one down here if it comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you talking about the week in KS3? Otherwise I am missing something here...
I may very well be I just seem to recall them saying we had secure one of our schools near the start of our course. Although I may have my wires crossed since I went to three interviews in three days :confused:
Reply 14
Fair enough. I think it is the week in KS3 I just remember being told that we would find out more in about April time when we get sent letters.
Yeah that's does found familiar from the interview. Hopefully the letters won't be long It'll be nice to be as prepared as possible for the start in September. I'm lucky in the regard that my work is good exp but I'd love to get any information on the other side of the course. I'm going up soon to sort out documents and was going to ask then. I'll pass on any information that I get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Yeah that's does found familiar from the interview. Hopefully the letters won't be long It'll be nice to be as prepared as possible for the start in September. I'm lucky in the regard that my work is good exp but I'd love to get any information on the other side of the course. I'm going up soon to sort out documents and was going to ask then. I'll pass on any information that I get.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that sounds great! Finally got student finance sorted today, so nothing else to do bar the KS3 placement. Only 153 days left/22 weeks until September.
Hopefully they can point me the right direction in regards to what school to do the placement in as I don't really know the secondary schools too well around Lincs. Fingers crossed the schools will be okay using the DBS from BG as getting the time off work during term time to go to sign forms will be a bit of a pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They didn't mention having to sort any of our placements out alone. They have a department that sorts them out for you with the idea in mind you don't have to travel over 90 minutes from home.
Reply 19
They didn't mention having to sort any of our placements out alone. They have a department that sorts them out for you with the idea in mind you don't have to travel over 90 minutes from home.

Yeah they sort out your main placements, but I think we have to sort out the week in KS3.

Managed to get another cheap book on ebay today :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest