The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ticket for Dortmund at home sorted. Happy days. Looking forward to seeing the travelling Yellow Wall.
Original post by mr tim
Origi pulls out of Belgium squad, Benteke injury doubt. Only fit striker Sturridge.

I imagine these injuries will clear up the day after the international break.
Original post by Mackay
Ticket for Dortmund at home sorted. Happy days. Looking forward to seeing the travelling Yellow Wall.

Same, if it's close heading into that game it's going to be mental.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

I don't think I'll ever enjoy a night at Anfield as much as that 2-0 victory over United, mate. I'm excited to see Dortmund, though. They are such an exciting side.
Original post by Mackay
I don't think I'll ever enjoy a night at Anfield as much as that 2-0 victory over United, mate. I'm excited to see Dortmund, though. They are such an exciting side.

I know what you mean, for me that night was as good as Wembley, just for the occasion.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

It won't be close
Original post by difeo
It won't be close

We'll probably get rekt to be honest, however Dortmund are easily the best side in the competition and would've embarrassed United.
Original post by Mackay

I saw them at the Emirates a few years ago and the away fans were ridiculously good.
Original post by Lúcio
We'll probably get rekt to be honest, however Dortmund are easily the best side in the competition and would've embarrassed United.

No need to immediately go on the offensive pal
Anyway there's very little between United and Liverpool so if they'd embarrass us they'll embarrass you
Original post by difeo
No need to immediately go on the offensive pal
Anyway there's very little between United and Liverpool so if they'd embarrass us they'll embarrass you

This is TSR.

There really isn't. They'd score double figures against you on aggregate tbf
Original post by Lúcio
This is TSR.

There really isn't. They'd score double figures against you on aggregate tbf

Course there is. We're 6 points clear (with a game more played), our form is very close (each with 10 points from our last 6), and you just beat us 2-1. Looks pretty close to me

Original post by Lúcio
They'd score double figures against you on aggregate tbf

As demonstrated by our goals against being 27 and yours being 40
Original post by difeo
Course there is. We're 6 points clear (with a game more played), our form is very close (each with 10 points from our last 6), and you just beat us 2-1. Looks pretty close to me

As demonstrated by our goals against being 27 and yours being 40

Strong double quoting.

Let's be honest, your results this season don't reflect your performances at all. Could call it being efficient but I'd call it luck (and DDG).
Original post by Lúcio
Strong double quoting.

Let's be honest, your results this season don't reflect your performances at all. Could call it being efficient but I'd call it luck (and DDG).

u mirin

It's not just luck when it's a 50% difference over 30 games is it, our defence really is better than yours
Original post by difeo
u mirin

It's not just luck when it's a 50% difference over 30 games is it, our defence really is better than yours

Not really.

Nah man, I was talking about your general position, not defences. Our defence hasn't been any good since we had Carragher. On the other hand, we've had major injuries and swaps in the defence, plus I've lost count of how many set pieces we've conceded from.

In fairness, you've had plenty of injuries too, but at least you have a solid base in Smalling and DDG.
Original post by Lúcio
Not really.

Nah man, I was talking about your general position, not defences. Our defence hasn't been any good since we had Carragher. On the other hand, we've had major injuries and swaps in the defence, plus I've lost count of how many set pieces we've conceded from.

In fairness, you've had plenty of injuries too, but at least you have a solid base in Smalling and DDG.

Yeah so was I at first, we're clearly about equal overall but you think you're significantly better which is a bit deluded (no offence) (pls don't cut me)

We've both been pretty unlucky with injuries yeah. Can't just discount set pieces, if you're bad at them then you'll continue to be punished for it
We beat you 3-1, not 2-1.

I don't know what you gain out of these petty arguments with Luke @difeo, it's like kicking a mannequin again and again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Real Friends
We beat you 3-1, not 2-1.

I don't know what you gain out of these petty arguments with Luke @difeo, it's like kicking a mannequin again and again.

I was only counting legitimate goals

dno rly
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
I saw them at the Emirates a few years ago and the away fans were ridiculously good.

Best travelling support I've ever seen was probably Augsburg, so I'm looking forward to seeing the renowned best in Germany.
Vote Emre Can for the "German Football Ambassador Award" here lads: bit.ly/VoteForCan
Kane set to start for England tonight, flanked by Welbeck and Lallana.

Clyne set to start at right-back, but Milner won't feature until the Wembley match.

Latest