The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn

Since you've already applied, I'll ask you if you don't mind :smile: Do you have any idea what this is supposed to be?

"Document issued by competent authority, certifying the applicant's right to continue education in high schools in the country where secondary education was acquired"
Original post by BristolFresher15
Since you've already applied, I'll ask you if you don't mind :smile: Do you have any idea what this is supposed to be?

"Document issued by competent authority, certifying the applicant's right to continue education in high schools in the country where secondary education was acquired"

It's your certificate of studies. I'm sorry I don't know how to say it in english .. I mean , I had my baccalaureate , and it allows me to go to uni. So baccalaureate comes with this sheet of paper "Baccalaureate - certificate of blablabla- ". And they are talking about this thing :P
Do you get it ?
It's your certificate of studies. I'm sorry I don't know how to say it in english .. I mean , I had my baccalaureate , and it allows me to go to uni. So baccalaureate comes with this sheet of paper "Baccalaureate - certificate of blablabla- ". And they are talking about this thing :P
Do you get it ?

Hmm, still confused :P

I mean, I'm sure I have it, because I went to uni in Canada for a couple years after high school. But I don't think I have a proper certificate stating it.
Hmm, still confused :P

I mean, I'm sure I have it, because I went to uni in Canada for a couple years after high school. But I don't think I have a proper certificate stating it.

Did you pass something like A-level or something ?
Because you know you don't have to actually have the paper to apply! Just you write which "diploma" you have (A level, Bac .. )
I passed the Canadian high school system and have a diploma. But I am also taking A-levels since I wanted to apply to the UK. Didn't work out like I'd hoped, but I am predicted A*A*A*.

Did you pass something like A-level or something ?Because you know you don't have to actually have the paper to apply! Just you write which "diploma" you have (A level, Bac .. )
I passed the Canadian high school system and have a diploma. But I am also taking A-levels since I wanted to apply to the UK. Didn't work out like I'd hoped, but I am predicted A*A*A*.

Okay then it's perfect! To apply you just have to specify all of it :wink:
Okay then it's perfect! To apply you just have to specify all of it :wink:

Perfect. Thanks!

I was thinking of just applying to Plovdiv with my Canadian high school grades (and not saying I'm taking A-levels) - so that if I get an offer it will be unconditional. But I don't know if they are good enough to get in.

I'll definitely give them to Charles though because it probably has much higher requirements.
Perfect. Thanks!

I was thinking of just applying to Plovdiv with my Canadian high school grades (and not saying I'm taking A-levels) - so that if I get an offer it will be unconditional. But I don't know if they are good enough to get in.

I'll definitely give them to Charles though because it probably has much higher requirements.

Good ^.^ let le know if you need help :wink:
Good ^.^ let le know if you need help :wink:

Can I ask if you applied anywhere else?
Can I ask if you applied anywhere else?

Sure, I applied to : Charles Uni 1st faculty, Charles Uni 3rd faculty, Brno med school, Semmelweis Uni in Budapest, Otago Uni in New Zealand
Sure, I applied to : Charles Uni 1st faculty, Charles Uni 3rd faculty, Brno med school, Semmelweis Uni in Budapest, Otago Uni in New Zealand

Ah okay, thanks :smile:
Ah okay, thanks :smile:

YW ^.^ are you currently studying A-level ?
YW ^.^ are you currently studying A-level ?

Yes, for the June 2016 exams. Chem, Bio and Phys.
Yes, for the June 2016 exams. Chem, Bio and Phys.

I see ^_^
Online application is okay ! You just do your things in english, and when you download it it will be automatically in Czech, and it would be send to them automaticall. You don't need to go there except for the entrance exam (but you can choose in which country to pass , if the country is on the list)

The course is entirely in english, but you'll have to learn Czech (they'll give lessons)

I'm sorry I don't know anything about loans :/

look what is written on the Charles First Faculty website:"Students are selected on the basis of an entrance examination. It is necessary to:

provide a notarized and translated copy of high school diploma (by Czech notary and to the Czech language)"

how you solve with the Czech notary?
Original post by the_queen
look what is written on the Charles First Faculty website:"Students are selected on the basis of an entrance examination. It is necessary to:

provide a notarized and translated copy of high school diploma (by Czech notary and to the Czech language)"

how you solve with the Czech notary?

You should contact them ! Because I messaged them and they told me it was okay in english !
You should contact them ! Because I messaged them and they told me it was okay in english !

thank you! Good luck in your new journey!
thank you! Good luck in your new journey!

Thank you !! Good luck to you as well :yep: are you applying for 2016 ?
no, 2017 :smile: keep fingers crossed!
no, 2017 :smile: keep fingers crossed!

I cross my fingers for you :yep: good luck :hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending