The Student Room Group

UK, man arrested for confronting random Muslim in the street, Croydon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
You cant seem to engage in any sort of coherent discussion. Fire an accusation, its explained to you and then you move on to something else. You are not here to learn, to discuss.. you are here for attention

Also "personal attacks" :rolleyes:

I don't want to waste my time 'discussing' with hate-speech apologists like yourself who try to divide society.
well why is a man confronting a woman for, is he afraid to confront a muslim man.
Original post by Frank Underwood
I don't want to waste my time 'discussing' with hate-speech apologists like yourself who try to divide society.

Personal attacks eh tssk tsskk

Let me remind you that it is you who again quoted me. Quite contradictory in light of the above post.
Original post by Trapz99
I seriously hope you are joking. Please confirm that you are joking.

Why would I be joking? Muslims and Islam are being targeted because of attacks that had 0% to do with Muslims and Islam. How is that justifiable? Islamophobia is the greatest threat to society. And right wing parties are fuelling it. We need to get a grip. It's a disgrace there aren't more Muslim representatives in government. For a multicultural nation we need people to stand up for Islam and Muslims
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Personal attacks eh tssk tsskk

Let me remind you that it is you who again quoted me. Quite contradictory in light of the above post.

People like you are the reason Islam and Muslims are being targeted. The attacks have put a huge target above our heads for you fascists. Unlucky for you there is a revolution happening.
Original post by Arsenal96123
People like you are the reason Islam and Muslims are being targeted. The attacks have put a huge target above our heads for you fascists. Unlucky for you there is a revolution happening.

How so? What do you mean people like me lmao?

What huge target on your heads? Who is "Our"

How am i a fascist?

What revolution is happening?

lol
Racists, xenophobes, fascist, Haters, plain scum

There is a target on our head for racists to attack us because we are Muslim. We are the greatest victims of terror attacks because we feel the backlash. Islam and Muslims have 0% link to terror and you need to realise that

You are a right wing racist are you not? Who do you vote for?

A revolution is happening. We will wipe out Islamophobia and get those who criticise Islam sent to jail. It is already being drafted into the EU convention on human rights

oh jeez why so many trolls these days?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
A talent agency boss allegedly 'confronted a woman' in the street as she approached him and asked her to 'explain Brussels'. After tweeting about his encounter he was later arrested for inciting racial hatred.

The Tweet;
"I confronted a Muslim woman in Croydon yesterday. I asked her to explain Brussels. She said "nothing to do with me". A mealy mouthed reply."

I can't help but feel saddened at the state of the UK. The priorities of the establishment seems focused on protecting certain people from words, instead of say, protecting prepubescent girls from being sexually assaulted by gangs of Muslim immigrants. It feels like the UK gradually changing into one of those ME countries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3506275/Publicity-boss-asked-Muslim-woman-street-explain-Brussels-deluged-angry-hilarious-Tweets-reply.html

That's truly inspirational. When I go Berlin, I'm going to stroll up to every single German I see and ask them to explain WW2.
Does anyone seriously think it's OK to just harass random people in the street?
The things that eally irked me about this man

1. He is stupid. Would he have felt it accpetable to confront his mum and start asking to her explain herself for all the actions of christians?
2. He was aggressive. I dont feel like being confronted by anyone,
3. He was selfish and thoughtless. This woman was just going on about her daily business,

Its not that though, but.

4. The fact he was using his social media account to get praise from his followers because he'd managed to confront a complete stranger. Wow big man.
5. the mealy mouthed bit of his tweets grates, becayse it shows contempt.

He was encouraging other that that form of behaviour is acceptable.
Original post by 999tigger
The things that eally irked me about this man

1. He is stupid. Would he have felt it accpetable to confront his mum and start asking to her explain herself for all the actions of christians?
2. He was aggressive. I dont feel like being confronted by anyone,
3. He was selfish and thoughtless. This woman was just going on about her daily business,

Its not that though, but.

4. The fact he was using his social media account to get praise from his followers because he'd managed to confront a complete stranger. Wow big man.
5. the mealy mouthed bit of his tweets grates, becayse it shows contempt.

He was encouraging other that that form of behaviour is acceptable.

He called the woman a towelhead in his tweets, and later on he made a tweet about him having a suicide belt (Twitter might have taken it down!!)
Why would I be joking? Muslims and Islam are being targeted because of attacks that had 0% to do with Muslims and Islam. How is that justifiable? Islamophobia is the greatest threat to society. And right wing parties are fuelling it. We need to get a grip. It's a disgrace there aren't more Muslim representatives in government. For a multicultural nation we need people to stand up for Islam and Muslims

Islamophobia is not the greatest threat to society. Islamic terrorism is. You are deluded if you think the attacks have nothing to do with Islam- the terrorists openly declare their religion as Islam and they constantly praise their God and read from the Quran. I agree that most Muslims are not represented by these terrorists but you can't possibly say that they have nothing to do with the religion of Islam.

Secondly, right wing parties (apart from the extremists like EDL and BNP) do not support Islamophobia but their policies are aimed at reducing the risk of Islamic terrrorism and they are sceptical of whether the religion is really a peaceful one (which, after witnessing hundreds of terror attacks carried out in the name of Islam, is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask).

Thirdly, there are not many Muslim representatives in Parliament because not enough people have voted for one- anyone can stand for MP if they want- including British Muslims- so there is no discrimination against them institutionally. It's just that most people do not vote for them.
Racists, xenophobes, fascist, Haters, plain scum

There is a target on our head for racists to attack us because we are Muslim. We are the greatest victims of terror attacks because we feel the backlash. Islam and Muslims have 0% link to terror and you need to realise that

You are a right wing racist are you not? Who do you vote for?

A revolution is happening. We will wipe out Islamophobia and get those who criticise Islam sent to jail. It is already being drafted into the EU convention on human rights

The greatest victims of terror attacks are the victims that died or were injured in them. These include people of all religions who were caught up in the event- not a wider group in society. You can't honestly say that there is a not a single connection between Islam and terror- I agree most Muslims have nothing to do with it but clearly there is something about the religion that causes so many Muslims to cause terror attacks.

You cannot send someone to jail because they have criticised your religion. We have freedom of speech in Britain and people have the right to voice their opinion- if it is an extreme opinion that incites violence against a group then it is a criminal act but there is nothing illegal about saying something about a belief system. Your view is extreme and is opposed to our democratic society.
Good! We need to take more action. Anyone, and I mean anyone (apart from Muslims) who attacks muslims and Islam verbally, physically, over the Internet or whatever should be locked up.

Islamophobia is the greatest threat to society today. Muslims are the most vulnerable. We need to up protection in all Muslim neighbourhoods and beat fascism. I am glad this fascist was arrested

I think we need to go further and ban all parties like that of BNP, UKIP, The French national front, the Consrrvatives in some respect, republicans in America, all right wing parties who are spewing hatred

There are no Muslim neighbourhoods in the UK, just like there are no atheist neightbourhoods or Christian neighbourhoods. There are neighbourhoods that have a large Muslim population but that does not mean that they are Muslim areas- they are all part of Britain.

You cannot ban a party for expressing an opinion. This is undemocratic.
Original post by Gwilym101
"In this legal guidance, the term harassment is used to cover the 'causing alarm or distress' offences under section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997"

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/stalking_and_harassment/#a02a

Pretty sure having a complete stranger approach you and demand an explanation for a horrific act which you had nothing to do with and nothing even vaguely indicating you had anything to do with it, would cause you alarm and distress.

He had no right to approach her in that way. It was also completely dumb. You might excuse it bit a lot of people would be offended at being approached in such a manner. It looks like incitement to racial hatred or some of the other tweets he has made, but its not clear yet.

Quite why you think its acceptable is mystifying.

Go figure he was released and it never went wo court, CPS said the soilice had no right to arrest him and the police didn't try for harrassment because they couldn't.

I just wanted to say I told yah so, whoop whoop.
Go figure he was released and it never went wo court, CPS said the soilice had no right to arrest him and the police didn't try for harrassment because they couldn't.

I just wanted to say I told yah so, whoop whoop.

No that was the legal system working as it should..
No that was the legal system working as it should..

There was no action by the CPS because what he done was within the confines of the law, weren't you adimnet what he done was harrassment or incitement to racial hatred?

Do you accept what he done was perfectly legal?
There was no action by the CPS because what he done was within the confines of the law, weren't you adimnet what he done was harrassment or incitement to racial hatred?

Do you accept what he done was perfectly legal?

I believe I wrote several times to wait for the CPS and see what they decide is the correct offence if any, Because thats their job. there were further tweets for them to consider. They have evidential , legal and public interest considerations.

The police believed a crime had been committed so they were quite right to have him in for questioning.

Thats how the legal system works.

If he did it again to her then that would be enough for harassment, because it would be a second instance.
Original post by Foo.mp3
The OP mirrors my own sentiments on such matters. The establishment is attempting to pervert and undermine hard won British values/international rights and freedoms like freedom of expression and enquiry, in a desperate attempt to 'control the chaos'. Dark days lie ahead unless we resist the thought police!

Indeed we cannot, however we can look to, and question, the nature of their shared ideology/brotherhood, and the public does need/struggle to understand the unique challenge posed by the madness of (radical) Islam. His comments were uncouth and unwarranted, but I empathise with both parties involved in this incident. I hope he apologises to the woman and also gets an apology from the authorities when he is cleared

He doesn't deserve an apology. Nobody asked him to harass this woman.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Wrongly arrested for a trumped up charge that could have massive ramifications for him. I'd say an apology was due, at the very least

1) He was not arrested for harassment :facepalm2:

2) Suggest you look up what constitutes harassment under UK law :yy:

3) 62% of Muslims in Britain believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups. Don't be just another statistic, love :erm:

Hopefully it'll make him think twice next time before approaching another innocent person on the street. I know he wasn't arrested for harassment but his actions have consequences,hopefully that's a lesson learnt

Quick Reply

Latest