The Student Room Group

Can anyone please help me identify 3 relevant areas of law in this article?

Is this undergrad, A level or GCSE?
Reply 2
Is Administration law relevant in this case? I know property law is but I have no idea how to explain my reasoning.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Is this undergrad, A level or GCSE?

Undergrad.
I assume they mean areas of law as in types of law rather than identify legal issues.

1. Contract law= contract between builder and water company.
2. Tort - Builder suing water company for negligence.
3. Property = Company agreeing contract with Adrian and Linda

Maybe utilities and planning law also, dunno.
Reply 5
I assume they mean areas of law as in types of law rather than identify legal issues.
o.

Yes that's what they are asking. Thanks a lot!
Also do you think that administrative law may be relevant here?
Original post by Johnnyveee
Yes that's what they are asking. Thanks a lot!
Also do you think that administrative law may be relevant here?

Why do you say that?

I would class it as utilities law because the water company has special rules about how it acts and powers as to carry out it duty. Not seeing the admin aspect myself and its not even clear if the water company is anything but a private company.
Reply 7
Why do you say that?

I would class it as utilities law because the water company has special rules about how it acts and powers as to carry out it duty. Not seeing the admin aspect myself and its not even clear if the water company is anything but a private company.

Oops I meant corporation law. My reasoning is that since Corporations lawallows for penalties to be enforced against company directors (water corp) it would be relevant here? Am I correct?
Oh and I forgot to add (Im so dumb ><) that I've been given a list of areas of law (which are Corporation, Tort, Administrative, Contract, Criminal, property, consumer law) to choose from..

Also, I've also been given this question....

1. By reference to the legal issues contained in the chosen mediareport, explain why it was important for the relevantparty/parties to know the law in the circumstances? How did, or could, theparty/parties have applied the law to their advantage?
Which legal issues am I supposed to look at? From my understanding of the case, The builder is trying to sue the water corp for something that was't their fault at all. Im confused
If you drop me a line

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending