The Student Room Group

Slade Interview 2016

Scroll to see replies

Thank you so much for the information. Just six more days until the end of March!

Also, one other question - How are you informed with the results? Email from Slade or just from UCAS?
In their frequently asked questions its said that if you fail - just ucas , if you got an offer - ucas + fancy real letter.I hate it when you get an email from UCAS, then you find out that its just some spam but you have already sh@t yourself ...
Thank you so much! I did just look that up on the Slade website.

The following link: How will I find out the result of my interview?
So I should be hoping for an email from Slade, not UCAS!
People does anyone want just to chat ? about your interview and how it went and about your art and things ? its nice when there are people around who are on the same wavelength as you and who worry about the same things (im just so stressed about this and there's no one with whom i could discuss these artsy things and how badly whose interviews went hahah)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Friskibay
People does anyone wants just to chat ? about your interview and how it went and about your art and things ? its nice when there are people around who are on the same wavelength as you and who worry about the same things (im just so stressed about this and there's no one with whom i could discuss these artsy things and how badly whose interviews went hahah)

I would seriously be up for that.. This is whole waiting thing is just too much
Original post by MF Doom ?
I would seriously be up for that.. This is whole waiting thing is just too much

Okay, well ill tell a bit about my anxieties then hahah
First of all interview - I was so worried and stressed so i continued repeating it all the time out loud and quiet often misunderstood their questions which were sometimes very complicated and i just could not understand the meaning of them well F*ck it ... also they compared my works to some artist's whom i didnt know :// awks , then because of being worried i said that im applying for BFA instead of BA (corrected myself straight away after that , still awkward though). Also i had this feeling of not having enough time to say everything i wanted to say oh well... and when they asked me why slade i said all the generic stuff+ because there is pain even on the ceiling in the toilet like a real bohemian atmosphere which made me happy(how idiotic was to say something about erm toilet like wtf aggghhhh :') ) apart from that they laughed a couple of times at what i was saying and one guy even said that he likes my brushstrokes on one of the works... a good sign probably

But what worries me the most one of the interviewers seemed to be really into modern art (abstract blah blah squares and lines) and my works are completely opposite to that(classical portraiture) so im worried that im not modern enough for them or not "deep" "innovated" enough ...

Another awkward thing after i just left the room i felt like i wanted to say something else run back in got blank said -" oh nothing never mind" and run away... facepalm

your turn peeps , speak out if you wish !!will be nice to hear things from the others
Original post by Friskibay
your turn peeps , speak out if you wish !!will be nice to hear things from the others

Alright! I think my interview went okay, I managed to answer all the questions they threw at me but I drew a blank when they asked me about artists haha. They didn't say anything about what they thought of my work, but they did seem interested. I tried to crack a couple of jokes and, well, you can imagine how well that went down. Also ran back after because I forgot my hat... it was on the other side of the room and it was incredibly awkward passing them while they stood and watched impassively... :biggrin:

my interview was on March 4th, for ba and I'm not an international student. They said I'd hear back from them within three weeks and its passed that date so I'm freaking out a little- I'm going to try and pull together the courage to call them at some point .
Original post by SoupyGloop
longquote .

OMG yesss when they asked about artists , WHO ARE STILL ALIVE !!!! and i barely know any, as my favourite artists are all from 19th 20th century but up to like 1950s ... but luckily they asked something else almost straight away
Thank you so much for the information. Just six more days until the end of March!

Also, one other question - How are you informed with the results? Email from Slade or just from UCAS?

I got my offer through UCAS, then an email the next day.
Original post by Artstudentstress
I got my offer through UCAS, then an email the next day.

Thanks for letting me know!

However, I am still waiting to hear back!!!!

Also just out of curiosity, if anyone who is interviewed has a link to Dropbox or any file sharing websites, please could you link it?

I am really interested in seeing other people's work.

Thanks!
I am slightly panicking at the moment. UCL Slade is on a holiday. I have tried calling the office, but no one answers. Like I said, I was told that I would receive the news by the end of March and I had my interview on the 9th!

Today is the 29th, almost 30th. I am beginning to think that I have been left out by mistake?

Am I just forgotten? I am wondering if there is anyone else, who is still waiting to hear back from the Slade.

Thanks.

previous message

Same , had interview on the same day and still waiting , so you are not alone .... and yes im also freaking out a bit

Today is the 29th, almost 30th. I am beginning to think that I have been left out by mistake?

Thanks.

I checked the slade term dates , they only reopen on the 31st , so most likely we wont hear anything by then.... and the 31st might be that fatal day :////
Thanks for letting me know!

However, I am still waiting to hear back!!!!

Also just out of curiosity, if anyone who is interviewed has a link to Dropbox or any file sharing websites, please could you link it?

I am really interested in seeing other people's work.

Thanks!

I tried to send you a link to my website but my internet hasn't been working properly lately - did you get the link?
Yes, you may be right. The term dates say that 31st is the day Slade reopens...

Also, yes I have received the link you messaged me. I replied to that message with the link to my portfolio! Let me know if you have it.
I just called the Slade and was told that it would take the admissions office until next week to send out news to everyone.
I just called the Slade and was told that it would take the admissions office until next week to send out news to everyone.

Are you kidding me. Another week of this

Thanks for checking !
I've just received the offer for ba !!!!! Anyone else heard back anything?
Me too! I got an offer for BA about 30 minutes ago !(◎_◎:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest