The Student Room Group

Currently living in Saudi Arabia AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkap
no haha i buy extra chewing gum.

yes i agree with you, the arabs think they are superior

Finally, what would you say to all the idiots that worship the media and its portrayal of how Saudi is absolutely 'horrific'?

And isn't is such a shame. I can understand and relate to why the Shia cleric from London said London is more Islamic than other Islamic countries.
Original post by mkap
i agree, never been riyadh though. after hearing bout that recent documenty about Saudi it isnt like this here at all.

not much dessert just barran land although it is dusty, sandstorm occour here.

its a food place :lol: @Student403

Original post by quasa
local version of kfc. <£1 for a chicken burger meal, good seasoning and crispy chicken (can be a tad greasy at times however). deserts are not that great, havent tried their fish dishes but wish there were some al-baik franchises in the UK (best fried chicken period)

aaah cool!
Reply 42
Original post by fire_and_ice
Finally, what would you say to all the idiots that worship the media and its portrayal of how Saudi is absolutely 'horrific'?

And isn't is such a shame. I can understand and relate to why the Shia cleric from London said London is more Islamic than other Islamic countries.

the media is bullsh** haha nothing like it here.

Original post by sleepysnooze

Myabe thats in riyadh but deffos not other citties that are like jeddah
Original post by sleepysnooze
yeah but a pilgrimage is only necessary once - why would you live in a country like saudi arabia just to be near makkah when there are so many detrimental aspects of the country?

There is another, shorter pilgrimage, that is rewarded greatly which one might typically do every couple of years - even more if one lives close by
Original post by Jamie S
Whats your favourite colour?

Lmao.

How are the guys there? As in looks.
Original post by xobeauty
Lmao.

bit thirsty m8
Original post by Jamie S
bit thirsty m8

Exotic guys are the best.
Reply 47
Lmao.

arab guys are fiiiiiine :giggle:

Original post by Jamie S
bit thirsty m8

my fave colour is purple, but it differs when it comes to clothes/shoes/lipstick and stuff
Exotic guys are the best.

saucy
Original post by mkap
arab guys are fiiiiiine :giggle:

my fave colour is purple, but it differs when it comes to clothes/shoes/lipstick and stuff

Adam saleh :redface:
Reply 50
Adam saleh :redface:

ngl hes pretty yummy
Reply 51
I am going to Saudi after 2 days. I was so excited
but after watching the execution video, am having second thoughts
I mean how can they do that to someone it's just cruel
I HATE SAUDIARABIA
Original post by mkap
lol not really. we just get on with our own thing. saudi isnt really how the media describes it.

Naiive to say the least. Best of luck to you. Hope the ££££ was worth it.
does your mum drive?

how many jews are there in saudi arabia?

have you been to watch any public beheadings?
Original post by mkap
AMA Its really hot here it was 37 degrees today. Im staying in Jeddah.

Here are some answers to questions al probs get asked:

How long have i been here?
Since November 26th.

When will i be back?
Coming back to the UK at the end of June.

Why did i move here?
My dad got a teaching job here and brought us as he thought it would be a good experience.

Do i agree with the Islamic and political views here?
I don't really have a clue about the political stuff goes on here. As for the Islamic laws the sharia law is only really practised in Makkah, Madinah and Riyadh. other places arnt really strict and are more conservative. i.e women don't have to cover their hair and music is still played and stuff.

If you know whats good for you, don't come back! Trust me! Never ever ever come back.
Hope you are having fun there! Life is easier... Apparently
Reply 55
Original post by Christ Redeems
does your mum drive?

how many jews are there in saudi arabia?

have you been to watch any public beheadings?

not here with my mum but my dad doesnt drive. the driving here is horrendous

i dont know

no there arnt any here from what ive seen
Why did your dad choose Saudi over other more liberal Arab states like Qatar and the UAE? Just curious.

Where did you live in the UK before you went to Saudi? Do you know any other families who have also gone out there?

My mum works in Dubai and I'll be visiting for 2 weeks in May (YAY!). I assume you must have been to the UAE too as you live so close - how do you think your experience of living in a more relaxed city in Saudi compares to somewhere like Dubai for example?

Are you still allowed to watch Bollywood movies in Saudi? At home or in the cinema? I know they're popular in all the other Arab countries but Saudi seems like a different ballgame.

Do you get weird looks from people if you go out in public without a hijab/niqaab? Are women generally safe in Saudi?

Also, how are you using the internet from Saudi? :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by mkap
ngl hes pretty yummy

YAY! You know Adam Saleh? I met him twice.... + I tried to slide into his DM's
LOL
Original post by mkap

i dont know

There are no Jews living in Saudi Arabia (as citizens, at least).

no there arnt any here from what ive seen

There were 157 beheadings in Saudi Arabia last year.

Do you wear the abaya, as is legally required for all women in public in Saudi Arabia, even in Jeddah, and even for foreigners? http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/01/economist-explains-20
Reply 59
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
YAY! You know Adam Saleh? I met him twice.... + I tried to slide into his DM's
LOL

haha im so jel :eek:

Original post by Christ Redeems
There are no Jews living in Saudi Arabia (as citizens, at least).

There were 157 beheadings in Saudi Arabia last year.

Do you wear the abaya, as is legally required for all women in public in Saudi Arabia, even in Jeddah, and even for foreigners? http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/01/economist-explains-20

well im not a citizen here and my family arnt ctizens here, its really hard to get nationality here. there are a few jewish people working here.

yeah i do wear one.

Quick Reply

Latest