The Student Room Group

Currently living in Saudi Arabia AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asif007
Why did your dad choose Saudi over other more liberal Arab states like Qatar and the UAE? Just curious.

Where did you live in the UK before you went to Saudi? Do you know any other families who have also gone out there?

My mum works in Dubai and I'll be visiting for 2 weeks in May (YAY!). I assume you must have been to the UAE too as you live so close - how do you think your experience of living in a more relaxed city in Saudi compares to somewhere like Dubai for example?

Are you still allowed to watch Bollywood movies in Saudi? At home or in the cinema? I know they're popular in all the other Arab countries but Saudi seems like a different ballgame.

Do you get weird looks from people if you go out in public without a hijab/niqaab? Are women generally safe in Saudi?

Also, how are you using the internet from Saudi? :redface:

Spoiler

Hi did you visited Al Ain too?
Original post by mkap

yeah i do wear one.

so why did you say, in your OP, "other places arnt really strict and are more conservative. i.e women don't have to cover their hair"?
Reply 62
Original post by Christ Redeems
so why did you say, in your OP, "other places arnt really strict and are more conservative. i.e women don't have to cover their hair"?

do you know what abaya is?

Reply 63
Original post by Azhar Rana

no i havnt
Original post by mkap
do you know what abaya is?

"The abaya covers the whole body except the face, feet, and hands."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaya

Is this definition wrong?
Original post by xobeauty
Exotic guys are the best.

PRSOM

Original post by mkap
arab guys are fiiiiiine :giggle:

wallah
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
YAY! You know Adam Saleh? I met him twice.... + I tried to slide into his DM'sLOL
OMG WHEN HE IS BUFFFFF
Original post by mkap
no i havnt

Its one of the best cities to visit, also known as the garden city of gulf due to its gardens and greenery everywhere. :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alkaline.
PRSOM

wallah
OMG WHEN HE IS BUFFFFF

What do you mean by 'When he is buff'?
Reply 68
Original post by Christ Redeems
"The abaya covers the whole body except the face, feet, and hands."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaya

Is this definition wrong?

different meanings of it. lol av lived here and seen the women and what they wear so chill out
Reply 69
Its one of the best cities to visit, also known as the garden city of gulf due to its gardens and greenery everywhere. It's my home town :colondollar:

really your arab?! :eek: al have to visit their :biggrin:

Yes I stayed in Al Ain for a few days last summer and over Christmas 2014. I went to Jebel Hafeet and explored some of the malls - Al Ain Mall is lovely. I also went through Al Ain during my border run to Oman while I was staying in Abu Dhabi last summer. :smile:
Original post by Student403
There is another, shorter pilgrimage, that is rewarded greatly which one might typically do every couple of years - even more if one lives close by

why would it be rewarded when it is down to the person's ability to travel which might be hinders for some more than others? that seems really unfair as an idea
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
What do you mean by 'When he is buff'?

OMG WHEN? , he's buff

as in when did you meet him featured by an irrelevant comment on his buffness
Original post by sleepysnooze
why would it be rewarded when it is down to the person's ability to travel which might be hinders for some more than others? that seems really unfair as an idea

Rewards vary a lot in Islam. e.g. obviously if something is much harder for you, you're going to be rewarded much more for the same deed
Original post by alkaline.
OMG WHEN? , he's buff

as in when did you meet him featured by an irrelevant comment on his buffness

Oh, once in a meet and greet. Another time outside.... He wasn't vlogging :frown:
And I ain't gonna beg in front of my boys... I also saw Naz and Sheikh, but no Slim!
I actually cared more about Sheikh than adam in the meet and greet tbh...
Original post by mkap
Myabe thats in riyadh but deffos not other citties that are like jeddah

that in saudi arabia though - that doesn't fundamentally bother you?
Original post by quasa
I though habibi meant friend :| (in which case my arab friends must be hitting on me :|)

Saqeedi means friend :smile: haha they maybe:wink:
Original post by Student403
Rewards vary a lot in Islam. e.g. obviously if something is much harder for you, you're going to be rewarded much more for the same deed

so the fact that she has moved to a nearby area of makkah renders her pilgrimage effects pretty much useless? or not? if she moved there what would that mean?
HEY !:biggrin:
I'm Arab too ^^
Original post by mkap
really your arab?! :eek: al have to visit their :biggrin:

I am born there lol, but I am a pakistani. Arabic is my main language :h: and I have a typical arabic accent :P
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest