The Student Room Group

Glasgow Muslim shopkeeper killed after wishing happy Easter to his 'Christian nation'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkap
seriously what has that got to do with the poor mans death.

It's a fabulous example of the type of ideas that represent the religion that motivates these people.
Original post by luminarychild
He wasn't wearing a cross singing praise the lord smh :angry:

What he said wrote on his status was simply a message of respect

Oh, believe me I agree with you. Not only is it respect, but it's good business to create this link with your customers. Alas, far too much bigotry exists in this world (on both sides of the discussion, may I add).
Original post by KingBradly
Wow, it really does seem that there is a systematic initiative to protect Muslims at all costs.

Well remember it was the British media that helped cover up the rape gangs plague across the country (ie Rotherham/Oxford/Rochdale etc etc) for years and years even though everybody in all those places knew exactly what was happening so this isn't exactly a new initiative...........
Original post by KimKallstrom
Well remember it was the British media that helped cover up the rape gangs plague across the country (ie Rotherham/Oxford/Rochdale etc etc) for years and years even though everybody in all those places knew exactly what was happening so this isn't exactly a new initiative...........

Yeh of course, although I thought that was more the police?
Original post by Dara Dahl
Courtesy of TSR's I-SOC:

:facepalm2:

This makes me uneasy...
Disgusting, he seemed like a good man of character, , he tried delievering a good message to ensure peace. RIP
Yeah nobody ever had any problems at all with the Ahmadiyyan community around here and everybody was gutted to see it happen.

I remember a thread on TSR actually (think it was in iSoc) where people were talking bad things about Ahmadiyyans. Forgot who it was but one Salafi guy (fairly prolific poster from what I recall) especially was going deep on them.

People talk about Islamiphobia but some of the worst and nastiest bile is thrown at Shias and minority Muslim sects like Ahamadiyyans by Sunnis. Sad really.
Original post by KingBradly
Yeh of course, although I thought that was more the police?

It was the police, social services, councils and the media. Who knows where the directive came from but they all put up a united front to shut it down.
It was the police, social services, councils and the media. Who knows where the directive came from but they all put up a united front to shut it down.

I guess they're all in it together. Wouldn't happen in America.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I have a friend who comes from an Ahmadiyya family and I can safely say her family is amazingly liberal for Muslims. She was telling me that apparently Saudi Arabia has banned them coming over there for pilgrimage because they consider Ahmadiyya Muslims kuffars/not true Muslims. If an Ahmadiyya Muslim goes to Saudi, they get killed.

They face a lot of persecution in Pakistan also.
As a Muslim, I strongly condone this attack. Being brought up in a liberal family, I was taught integration and tranquility with different belief systems, hence why i went to a catholic primary school. I hope the killer gets whats coming to him :angry: R.I.P to the victim, have so much respect!
Reply 31
Original post by homeland.lsw
This makes me uneasy...

It's far from being the worst thing I've read in the I-SOC.
Original post by Josb

this makes me even more uneasy...
They face a lot of persecution in Pakistan also.

That was actually the main reason to why my friend's family moved here- they had moved around like 5 times or something in Pakistan and they got a lot of hate for being Ahmadiyya.
Original post by Josb

What's the worst?
Reply 35
I remember a thread on TSR actually (think it was in iSoc) where people were talking bad things about Ahmadiyyans. Forgot who it was but one Salafi guy (fairly prolific poster from what I recall) especially was going deep on them.

There's actually quite a prominent I-Soc member who called for what is essentially the eradication of Ahmadiyyah in Pakistan and even supported methods such as imprisonment and execution for those who would spread Ahmadi beliefs. It was discussed in the Ex-Muslim Soc a couple of weeks ago.

People talk about Islamiphobia but some of the worst and nastiest bile is thrown at Shias and minority Muslim sects like Ahamadiyyans by Sunnis. Sad really.

Yes. The double standards are bewildering.
Reply 36
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What's the worst?

I'm not sure there is a "worst" as they are unbound there and tell what they really think. They follow Wahhabi hard line rules, so girls are not allowed to talk to men, to have relationships, etc. Reading this thread gives you an intense hatred for anything Islamic.
Original post by Ascend
There's actually quite a prominent I-Soc member who called for what is essentially the eradication of Ahmadiyyah in Pakistan and even supported methods such as imprisonment and execution for those who would spread Ahmadi beliefs. It was discussed in the Ex-Muslim Soc a couple of weeks ago.

Yes. The double standards are bewildering.

Kind of comes to show no matter how much they've been raised in the West, they're still going to follow some backward medieval ideas mindlessly.
The treatment Abdus Salam got in Pakistan really shows how much hatred they have for Ahmadis.
One of the greatest phycist in the last century considered a heretic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
I'm not sure there is a "worst" as they are unbound there and tell what they really think. They follow Wahhabi hard line rules, so girls are not allowed to talk to men, to have relationships, etc. Reading this thread gives you an intense hatred for anything Islamic.

So it's like an ISoc for any London uni then..............

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TSR ISoc is one of the greatest propaganda sources for Britain First etc you can imagine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending