The Student Room Group

Currently living in Saudi Arabia AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
so the fact that she has moved to a nearby area of makkah renders her pilgrimage effects pretty much useless? or not? if she moved there what would that mean?

No - her reward would be both for the pilgramage and the fact that she's chosen to relocate just to make worship more frequent
Original post by asif007
Yes I stayed in Al Ain for a few days last summer and over Christmas 2014. I went to Jebel Hafeet and explored some of the malls - Al Ain Mall is lovely. I also went through Al Ain during my border run to Oman while I was staying in Abu Dhabi last summer. :smile:

Nice, I hope you had a great time over there :h:
Reply 82
Original post by Azhar Rana
I am born there lol, but I am a pakistani. But Arabic is my main language :h:

wow so lucky knowing arabic, its so hard to learn!
Its one of the best cities to visit, also known as the garden city of gulf due to its gardens and greenery everywhere. It's my home town :colondollar:

marhaba XD ...u arab too ?:tongue:
Original post by mkap

I know :frown: but I think languages are learned more efficiently by interacting with native speakers :smile:
Original post by elforjg02
marhaba XD ...u arab too ?:tongue:

Ahlan! nope, I am pakistani :smile: Keifak?
Original post by mkap

i swear u can read arabic
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Oh, once in a meet and greet. Another time outside.... He wasn't vlogging :frown:
And I ain't gonna beg in front of my boys... I also saw Naz and Sheikh, but no Slim!
I actually cared more about Sheikh than adam in the meet and greet tbh...

why is it bad that he wasn't vlogging?
lol I prefer adam over sheikh and not just in looks, like adam has the banter and omg MOHSIN IS SO FREAKING CUTE!
why do u like sheikh sm?
Original post by Student403
No - her reward would be both for the pilgramage and the fact that she's chosen to relocate just to make worship more frequent

your second point makes sense but not the first - surely it's not really a pilgrimage by definition if it's just one time as a travelling experience
Reply 89
I know :frown: but I think languages are learned more efficiently by interacting with native speakers :smile:

tbh the only arabs i speak to are the taxi drivers, even then my dad does the talking. he knows arabic
Does your family go desert trekking during the weekends/holidays?
Reply 91
Original post by I am Halal
i swear u can read arabic

yeah i can read it really good and fluently

i know this, Alhamdulillah ana bikayr?

alhamdulliah...inti/inta keifak :h:?
Reply 93
Original post by WBZ144
Does your family go desert trekking during the weekends/holidays?

we're planning on going
Original post by quasa
I though habibi meant friend :| (in which case my arab friends must be hitting on me :|)

Haha it can be used in a non-romantic way. I call my friends habibi/habibti it doesn't matter :tongue:
Original post by mkap
tbh the only arabs i speak to are the taxi drivers, even then my dad does the talking. he knows arabic

Nice, that's good :smile:
Original post by mkap

Is Arabic that hard then. I heard most westerners struggle with their writing. I have also heard it is extremely easy for Pakistanis to learn Arabic
Original post by mkap

That's correct, welldone :h:
Reply 98
Original post by sleepysnooze
that in saudi arabia though - that doesn't fundamentally bother you?

Tbf it would bother me about paying tax to a country that directly finances public executions, but in terms of distance apparently Riyadh to Jeddah is about 8 and a half hours by car? (google maps for the rescue?)
Original post by elforjg02
alhamdulliah...inti/inta keifak :h:?

Bekhair el-Hamdulillah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest