The Student Room Group

M&S launches "burkini" range in UK to cater to muslim women

High street retailer Marks & Spencer now stocks full-length swimwear, dubbed the 'burkini'.

According to M&S the £49.50 swimsuit:Covers the whole body with the exception of the face, hands and feet, without compromising on style... It's lightweight so you can swim in comfort

Just posting as found it something of an amusing article.

Scroll to see replies

Maybe they could launch a chastity belt range too!

It must be nice wearing that though. It basically says "all you other women wearing bikinis and swimsuits are whores who will burn in Hell, but I won't". What a lovely sentiment.
M&S is a business looking to make money, hardly a story.
Reply 3
i dont see why this is news, amazon have been selling these for time. theres loads of burkinis here in saudi from sports direct and stuff. even i have one, im not going to wear a bikini or swimsuit when i go swimming with my family and my dad and brothers are around.
That's great :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by mkap
i dont see why this is news, amazon have been selling these for time. theres loads of burkinis here in saudi from sports direct and stuff. even i have one, im not going to wear a bikini or swimsuit when i go swimming with my family and my dad and brothers are around.

Are you muslim?

because if you arent I can only imagine wearing a burkini in public to feel like the most awkward experience ever

Also if you feel self-conscious around your family, just wear a non-revealing one piece
(edited 8 years ago)
:biggrin:
Reply 7
It looks very good
Reply 8
Original post by mkap
even i have one, im not going to wear a bikini or swimsuit when i go swimming with my family and my dad and brothers are around.

Why though? I would hope your dad and brothers aren't attracted to you? :lolwut:
Original post by mkap

Why?
This is literally the most confusing thing I have seen in a long while.
Reply 11
Original post by Gucci Mane.
Are you muslim?

because if you arent I can only imagine wearing a burkini in public to feel like the most awkward experience ever

yeah i am.

Original post by Jenx301
Why though? I would hope your dad and brothers aren't attracted to you? :lolwut:

of course but why would i be half naked in front of my family.
Original post by WBZ144
M&S is a business looking to make money, hardly a story.

Aye!
Reply 13
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Why?

it would feel really awkward, its like wearing bra and knickers in from of them. its just something i couldnt do
Lol, that's just a burka you can swim in. Doesn't justify using "kini" in the name. :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by mkap
yeah i am.

It's just skin, what's wrong with that?
Reply 16
Original post by mkap
yeah i am.

Surely being half naked in front of family is preferable to being half naked in front of strangers?
Original post by KingBradly
Maybe they could launch a chastity belt range too!

It must be nice wearing that though. It basically says "all you other women wearing bikinis and swimsuits are whores who will burn in Hell, but I won't". What a lovely sentiment.

99.9% sure that Muslim women don't wear full body coverings to avoid Hell or as a judgement on other women.
Original post by mkap
why would i be half naked in front of my family.

Well it isn't really half naked to wear a regular swimming costume - the only part of your body that's out is your legs. It's practical for swimming. By covering up all your body you are sexualising it - if your family can't handle a pair of legs in a swimming pool then that's the problem. Just seems very odd to me.

ZC03    03   21.jpg
Womens_Swimming_Costumes.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Surely being half naked in front of family is preferable to being half naked in front of strangers?

Nah, strangers will forget you but your family won't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending