The Student Room Group

Prenups- yay or nay

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am married and I don't have one. If my wife one day wants to take me for half I don't GAF really. She can have it all. It's only money.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Well at the moment it is controversial whether the court will even uphold a pre-nup; they are pretty controversial
Reply 42
Original post by Foo.mp3
This. Not just a silly way of approaching a 'till death do us part' sacred bond (made before God) but also not worth the paper they're written on :rolleyes:

Men are obliged to pay child support irrespective of marriage, original desire to have the child, or even consent during the act of consummation :s-smilie:

Marriages these days are rarely death do us part :rolleyes:

Good good,I don't know why some complain about having to pay child support
Reply 43
Original post by Foo.mp3
Hence a large proportion of those people really shouldn't be entering into matrimony in the first place :rolleyes:

Excuse me?

Consider rights vs. responsibilities (e.g responsibilities without much in the way of rights, seems like a bum deal to me). I've personally known men who have been shafted by the system/women in this way. Sucks

Agreed!

Huh? I was just agreeing with your statement about men paying child support regardless of anything else

Well that's not nice :frown:
I wouldn't even get married altogether because of the risks of half of my **** getting taken
but if I were to get married, it would be the only option - yes
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
Will you be getting one,if and when you do get married? And if so,why?

No - I'm not planning on a divorce, and it'd be like setting yourself up for failure. If I want to marry someone I'm going to be 100% sure we want to be together so we won't need a prenup.
Also, btw, from my knowledge of other couples who have been married for decades, go to marriage counselling. Catholics have to and it's definitely effective in showing which couples are going to fall apart within the first few months/years.

:smile:

DRINK!!
Reply 46
"It's something that you need to have, coz when she leave your ass she gon leave with half" - Yeezus Christ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Howard
I am married and I don't have one. If my wife one day wants to take me for half I don't GAF really. She can have it all. It's only money.

Lol good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes my company would be crippled in a divorce fight so i'd have to keep the whole thing separate from my personal collections which only components obtained within the relationship duration are eligible for battle
most definitely. Especially given how selfish and greedy women in the west are becoming
Yep definitely. If I get a divorce I don't want the woman into get a single penny of my hard earned cash, no way!
Reply 51
Original post by Nile.
"It's something that you need to have, coz when she leave your ass she gon leave with half" - Yeezus Christ

Posted from TSR Mobile

But he hasn't doesn't even have a prenup,so if he and Kim ever do get divorced,she's most certainly taking half of his stuff
Reply 52
Original post by queen-bee
But he hasn't doesn't even have a prenup,so if he and Kim ever do get divorced,she's most certainly taking half of his stuff

they do have a prenup.
No, me and my partner aren't getting one when we get married. Even if we were well off, we still wouldn't get one I don't think.
Original post by M14B
Maybe you do not know that but they are not legally binding in the UK

You should qualify that. They are not legally binding, but if one exists hey are the starting point and are generally adhered to by the court unless they think they are unfair.
Original post by Trapz99
Yep definitely. If I get a divorce I don't want the woman into get a single penny of my hard earned cash, no way!

I doubt a pen nup like that would stand and the court would ignore it.
Reply 56
Original post by Nile.
they do have a prenup.

Ah so it seems,but he didn't want to get one apparently,it was all her idea. She's the one who wear the trousers :wink:
Reply 57
Original post by 999tigger
You should qualify that. They are not legally binding, but if one exists hey are the starting point and are generally adhered to by the court unless they think they are unfair.

I am trying to qualify this statement. I have invited a matrimonial solicitor in TSR, but he is struggling to fit me in.
Original post by 999tigger
I doubt a pen nup like that would stand and the court would ignore it.

What do you mean?
Original post by M14B
I am trying to qualify this statement. I have invited a matrimonial solicitor in TSR, but he is struggling to fit me in.

What's that meant to mean?

Quick Reply

Latest