The Student Room Group

Is it really possible to get 76% in exams?

I'm just wondering what other people think because I don't want to set my expectations too high. The highest I've ever gotten in an exam at uni was 72% and I only got the first question done and a bit of the second so I figure if I put the work in and manage my time to complete both questions in all my exams then it may be feasible.
What do you think? All responses appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlottehogan
I'm just wondering what other people think because I don't want to set my expectations too high. The highest I've ever gotten in an exam at uni was 72% and I only got the first question done and a bit of the second so I figure if I put the work in and manage my time to complete both questions in all my exams then it may be feasible.
What do you think? All responses appreciated :smile:

yes of course you can put the work in and results will come. It's even possible to get 100% if you know everything well enough.
Original post by thefatone
yes of course you can put the work in and results will come. It's even possible to get 100% if you know everything well enough.

I do believe that to be true and Thank you for the encouragement

I do believe that to be true and Thank you for the encouragement

Not in Law. For all intents and purposes, 80% is the highest you can generally speaking get.

Anything above 70 is really hard to get in black letter law modules.
Reply 4
Of course. I'm in my first year of uni and got 76% in an exam from the autumn term. The highest I've got in an assessment is 88%.
Reply 5
I once got 100% in an online (peer assessed) coursework. Twice actually. Just saying?!
Original post by eden3
Of course. I'm in my first year of uni and got 76% in an exam from the autumn term. The highest I've got in an assessment is 88%.

Im a third year though so the standard is much higher so I'm doubtful at times but I'll persevere anyhow!
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
Not in Law. For all intents and purposes, 80% is the highest you can generally speaking get.

i always through the says was for all intensive purposes
well i learnt something new today
Reply 8
Im a third year though so the standard is much higher so I'm doubtful at times but I'll persevere anyhow!

Aha okay fair enough ignore my response then xD Best of luck!

In my course works I have an average of 74% and I perform poorly in coursework compared to exams which tend to pull me up so I was thinking it may be feasible. Thank you for the realistic perspective
Original post by john2054
I once got 100% in an online (peer assessed) coursework. Twice actually. Just saying?!

Ugh, I cant stand these comments which do not actually contribute to the question asked.
In my course works I have an average of 74% and I perform poorly in coursework compared to exams which tend to pull me up so I was thinking it may be feasible. Thank you for the realistic perspective

I should have added, 'depending on the University'*.

At mine, and pretty much every RG University I know of, it's incredibly hard to break the 75 barrier in law and other humanities subjects.
Original post by eden3
Aha okay fair enough ignore my response then xD Best of luck!

I wasn't ignoring it and I didn't intend for it to come across that way, my bad!
I just meant that in first year my average was higher because I feel that they are not as critical. Sorry about the miscommunication! Thank you for your response :smile:

So have I. I think the original phrase is 'all intents and purposes' and 'intensive purposes' is a later development of that phrase.
I should have added, 'depending on the University'*.

At mine, and pretty much every RG University I know of, it's incredibly hard to break the 75 barrier in law and other humanities subjects.

I figured that I was being rather hopeful. I'll be a little bit more realistic now in what to expect. Aim for the best but prepare for the worst is currently my motto!
Ugh, I cant stand these comments which do not actually contribute to the question asked.

I don't normally do very well in exams however. Median average of 40% i'd say. UGH!
I figured that I was being rather hopeful. I'll be a little bit more realistic now in what to expect. Aim for the best but prepare for the worst is currently my motto!

You did say that 'all responses are appreciated' after all?!?
Original post by Kel_Med
I think he was going with, he got 100%.. so therefore other people can get 100%.. 100>76, so therefore it is possible

He just saved a considerable amount of time :smile:

Oh, that's my bad, I assumed it was just bragging since my question is regarding exams
Original post by john2054
You did say that 'all responses are appreciated' after all?!?

Someone just cleared up of for me in the comment above. Really sorry about that! I thought you were being smug since my question was about exams. Sorry! :frown:

hahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending