The Student Room Group

Gcse easter revision timetables!

Hello there, I thought I would create a thread where we can all post a picture of our revision timetables or just talk about what revision we plan on doing over the next two weeks. That way we can motivate each other and get inspiration for revision time tables :biggrin:. Good luck with your revision!

Scroll to see replies

image.jpgSo here's my timetable, I made one during the last half term where I planned out the exact time I would do each thing but it was too restrictive and unrealistic. So this is for week one of Easter and it is a topic based plane. I know it's ambitious but I'm pretty much home everyday and I have nothing else to do so I might as well do loads of work :P if you need me to explain anything else on the timetable let me know :smile:
Original post by GCSEstudentt
image.jpgSo here's my timetable, I made one during the last half term where I planned out the exact time I would do each thing but it was too restrictive and unrealistic. So this is for week one of Easter and it is a topic based plane. I know it's ambitious but I'm pretty much home everyday and I have nothing else to do so I might as well do loads of work :P if you need me to explain anything else on the timetable let me know :smile:

wow your filled up :smile: For me i am currently doing each subject unit everyday for example unit 1 geography on one day and maths on the other etc.. :smile:
Reply 3
WP_20160325_003.jpgHere's a copy of my revision timetable starting Monday all the way to my first exam.
Original post by nisha.sri
wow your filled up :smile: For me i am currently doing each subject unit everyday for example unit 1 geography on one day and maths on the other etc.. :smile:

Sounds good :gthumb:
Original post by kennethdcharles
WP_20160325_003.jpgHere's a copy of my revision timetable starting Monday all the way to my first exam.

Wow that's really organised :smile:

from your writing - i can guess that you are female :tongue:
I didnt include this weekend in my timetable so today I did an hour of maths, an hour of french and an hour of English! I'm now gonna make some geography notes and flash cards and then hopefully fit a workout in :biggrin:
I didnt include this weekend in my timetable so today I did an hour of maths, an hour of french and an hour of English! I'm now gonna make some geography notes and flash cards and then hopefully fit a workout in :biggrin:

Can you share some tips for sociology and languages please? Im studying Spanish and my courseworks are at a low A so I need to get a high A* in the exams to get an overal A*. But I always find the exams dificult. Not to mention the fact that there aren't many online resources for sociology revision except past papers. How do you revise for the sociology pre-release material exam?
Original post by shohaib712
Can you share some tips for sociology and languages please? Im studying Spanish and my courseworks are at a low A so I need to get a high A* in the exams to get an overal A*. But I always find the exams dificult. Not to mention the fact that there aren't many online resources for sociology revision except past papers. How do you revise for the sociology pre-release material exam?

Sociology is one of the subjects that I hate but I tend to do well in :P all I do is print out these revision booklets, put them in a ring binder and go through everything. I highlight key things and try to focus on learning names of sociologists.

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/education-revision-booklet-6334743
This user has these booklets for each module which is what I use.

And to be honest after a while you realise that the different sociologists i.e. marxists feminists etc have the same view for each module. For example a marxist thinks the education system, the media, and the judiciary system favour the ruling class. Once you get a general gist of it its really easy to work it out. And the main thing for sociology is learning key words because you can use them in most questions to impress the examiner.

As for languages, once you've completed the coursework it's all about learning new vocabulary, I recommend quizlet. And in your free time you can watch some TV shows in spanish and see if you understand anything, if not then put english subtittles on and learn new words :smile: Luckily for me my coursework is on A* because i tend to do really bad in the exams lol so these methods are my only hope right now.

Sorry about how long this is but I hope it helped :smile:

You're not being specific enough. Don't just say 'revise maths any topic'. You need to have things such as 'do questions on sine and cosine rules'. It's fine not having time limits, but set some form of parameter.
Well here's mine
Saturday.jpg

@TheOtherSide.

Spoiler

I like how you've done yours, basing it on what you do rather than how long. Mines like that as well.
Original post by homeland.lsw
Well here's mine
Saturday.jpg

@TheOtherSide.

Spoiler

Edit: I made the timetable! :woo: (@homeland.lsw)

Timetable.JPG

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
image.jpgCan anyone help me make an effective revision timetable because this is all I have at the minute
Original post by richpanda
You're not being specific enough. Don't just say 'revise maths any topic'. You need to have things such as 'do questions on sine and cosine rules'. It's fine not having time limits, but set some form of parameter.

I know but I've covered everything and done all the past papers so all I do now is get my chunky maths textbook with loads of questions, close my eyes and do random questions as i've already done them all
Reply 16
All you man have some greasy timetables
Original post by fatima1998
from your writing - i can guess that you are female :tongue:

Lool that is true :P
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I don't have a timetable :cry2:

You know what, I'll make one today and post it here.

I hope I do...

I'll be waiting to see it :biggrin:
Original post by PrinceKian
image.jpgCan anyone help me make an effective revision timetable because this is all I have at the minute

You may find it easy if you do a topic based one, that way you'll know exactly what you need to do and there wont be any reason for you to procrastinate

Quick Reply

Latest