The Student Room Group

statistics 3 (edexcel) help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DylanJ42
M2 is the module taught with AS further maths so i just done it :dontknow: in my school AS FM is taught in A2 year, they dont offer A2 further maths so its just how things worked out, still done decent though so idm :tongue:

67 for 80UMS and 71 for 90UMS :eek: i done the same except my combinations were wrong and my table was all wrong as well haha. I know i lost 5 marks on it, was that the matrices induction one? i found it quite hard

i was the same with FP3 when i started doing them, it honestly is just practice, after enough questions you wont even need to think of methods anymore, you go into auto pilot for most of the 1.5 hours haha :laugh:

I would have found M2 so hard without my M1 knowledge haha thats so strange your school does it first :laugh:

statistics is a pain in the bum that's why im not bothering to resit, have fun doing s2 again :tongue:

and im hoping to get that good hehe, would you say fp3 is harder than fp2? I am still struggling with fp2 complex number transformations :ashamed2:
Original post by Katiee224
I would have found M2 so hard without my M1 knowledge haha thats so strange your school does it first :laugh:

statistics is a pain in the bum that's why im not bothering to resit, have fun doing s2 again :tongue:

and im hoping to get that good hehe, would you say fp3 is harder than fp2? I am still struggling with fp2 complex number transformations :ashamed2:

well i was only one in my year group who done M2 first, and only 4 in the year are doing M2. It's only because I done AS further maths a year early because I wanted to do the full alevel

the module is really fun i think but yea the past papers and the tests are :poo: . They are literally 50% normal approximations, although S3 is >50% hypothesis tests, but at least theres some variety, will it be a spearmans rank hypoth. test, maybe a chi squared hypoth. test, who knowss..:iiam:

they're quite different, FP3 has conic sections, which is basically an extension of FP1s parabola chapter which is the hardest of the lot. It and vectors are hard (vectors just because theres so much content) other than that its a fairly okay module, i need to improve my speed with some integration questions though but its looking good for FP3 honestly (feeling better for FP3 than FP2 personally, those grade boundaries :afraid:)

yea I struggle with FP2 complex transformations too, basically if you cant rearrange to get z on its own then rationalize denominator im f**ked :laugh:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
Slide into her PM's already. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken

:rofl: 3rd base already bro? Damnnn
Reply 44
Original post by Zacken

I've been waiting for something like this for a while :rofl:
Reply 45
Original post by Student403
:rofl: 3rd base already bro? Damnnn

Original post by aymanzayedmannan

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed. :rofl:

Same :teehee:
I'm just here to watch the flirting :mmm:
oh god :rofl:
Original post by SeanFM
I'm just here to watch the flirting :mmm:

Even the romance on the maths forum trumps the romance on chat/relationships

Maths forum masterrace :biggrin:
Reply 50
oh god :rofl:

I can sympathise. :redface:
Even the romance on the maths forum trumps the romance on chat/relationships

Maths forum masterrace :biggrin:

It feels more like a Physics uni course here than Maths. At least Maths has an okay gender balance! :cry:
Original post by SeanFM
It feels more like a Physics uni course here than Maths. At least Maths has an okay gender balance! :cry:

Is physics or engineering worse? :redface:
Reply 53
Original post by Katiee224

C'mon Katie darling, Dylan's waiting for a reply to his essay. :laugh:
Original post by Zacken
I can sympathise. :redface:

as soon as I saw you, 403 and ayman post I knew what was happening :laugh:

Original post by SeanFM

:eek: being serious here, is maths as bath more physics than maths? :s-smilie:
Is physics or engineering worse? :redface:

:holmes: I don't know, funnily enough. But Physics is something like 4 to 1 here. :s-smilie:
as soon as I saw you, 403 and ayman post I knew what was happening :laugh:

:eek: being serious here, is maths as bath more physics than maths? :s-smilie:

:rofl: Are we that predictable!? Dammit we need to improve..

Original post by SeanFM
:holmes: I don't know, funnily enough. But Physics is something like 4 to 1 here. :s-smilie:

Oh engineering is much worse. Someone on Aero at Southampton was telling me his uni has one of the highest ratios for the course in the country.. 1 to 10 :rofl:
Reply 57
Same :teehee:

I've been observing this thread for 2 weeks now... Dylan and K8 should d8, m8
I've been observing this thread for 2 weeks now... Dylan and K8 should d8, m8

gr8 b8 i r8 8/8 m8
:rofl: Are we that predictable!? Dammit we need to improve..

oh yea :colonhash: you three really need to step it up tbh

Quick Reply

Latest