The Student Room Group

gcse aqa physics and statistics exams year 10 2016

TO STATISTICS OR PHYSICS STUDENTS :smile:
I'm in year 10 and I will be taking my GCSEs early. They will be in 2 months. I will be tested on p1, p2 and p3. In my p3 mock that i did a few months ago, I got 52/60 which is an A*. My first exam is p1. Anyone with an A* in physics please answer:

1) How many days before the exam did you start revising
2)What did you get (UMS)
3)What was your target and did you meet them?
4) How did you revise(where from,which books ,best revision methods)
5)How do you deal with nerves? I always feel sick and cold during exam.
6)What grades did you get in your other subject?
7)What grades will i need to get into grammar schools to do A-levels?
8) ANYTHING ELSE YOU WISH TO ADD
9)Thanks for answering
10) Have a good day :smile:

I also also have an exam for statistics and i got a B (2 marks off an A ) for the coursework. I really want to get an A or even an A*(if I dare!). Is it possible? Anyone else got a B in their coursework but got an A or an A* overall? What do i have to get in the exam to get an A overall for statistics? For the control assessment, I got 26/40 (I know :frown: I messed up ). HOW TO REVISE?

THANKS
Original post by Meli14
TO STATISTICS OR PHYSICS STUDENTS :smile:
I'm in year 10 and I will be taking my GCSEs early. They will be in 2 months. I will be tested on p1, p2 and p3. In my p3 mock that i did a few months ago, I got 52/60 which is an A*. My first exam is p1. Anyone with an A* in physics please answer:

1) How many days before the exam did you start revising
2)What did you get (UMS)
3)What was your target and did you meet them?
4) How did you revise(where from,which books ,best revision methods)
5)How do you deal with nerves? I always feel sick and cold during exam.
6)What grades did you get in your other subject?
7)What grades will i need to get into grammar schools to do A-levels?
8) ANYTHING ELSE YOU WISH TO ADD
9)Thanks for answering
10) Have a good day :smile:

I also also have an exam for statistics and i got a B (2 marks off an A ) for the coursework. I really want to get an A or even an A*(if I dare!). Is it possible? Anyone else got a B in their coursework but got an A or an A* overall? What do i have to get in the exam to get an A overall for statistics? For the control assessment, I got 26/40 (I know :frown: I messed up ). HOW TO REVISE?

THANKS

I got 31/40 in my stats coursework last year- A and an A overall which I was really pissed off about tbh because I was getting A*s in every single past paper, was like a mark off too but oh well. Anyway the key to stats is past papers, it's a quite easy GCSE tbh as long as you practice using the past papers and mark schemes, there's a pattern i did all of them, trust me I did all of them.

I'm doing my the rest of my GCSEs this year so I can't really help with your other questions, except that I really wasn't nervous at all before my exam last year. Your B won't hold you back too much, as long as you get a pretty high A* in the exam( for A*) overall! Good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I got 31/40 in my stats coursework last year- A and an A overall which I was really pissed off about tbh because I was getting A*s in every single past paper, was like a mark off too but oh well. Anyway the key to stats is past papers, it's a quite easy GCSE tbh as long as you practice using the past papers and mark schemes, there's a pattern i did all of them, trust me I did all of them.

I'm doing my the rest of my GCSEs this year so I can't really help with your other questions, except that I really wasn't nervous at all before my exam last year. Your B won't hold you back too much, as long as you get a pretty high A* in the exam( for A*) overall! Good luck.

thanks for the reply :smile: I'll try to get an A. In a past paper, i got a B (3 marks off an A) even though I did no revision and didn't answer a lot of questions. So if i get a high A my average will be an A?
Original post by Meli14
thanks for the reply :smile: I'll try to get an A. In a past paper, i got a B (3 marks off an A) even though I did no revision and didn't answer a lot of questions. So if i get a high A my average will be an A?

Probably, you can work it out using the AQA's ums converter and ums grade boundaries
Reply 4
Original post by sciencefantatic
probably, you can work it out using the aqa's ums converter and ums grade boundaries

where?!?!? Can you give me the link please? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest