The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jim doesn't have a job, he claims job-seekers allowance which allows him to put some money aside every month. After a couple of months Jim buys a MacBook.

Is Jim rich?
Agreed all of them and the ones with maximum loan
Reply 3
Original post by Mayhem™
Jim doesn't have a job, he claims job-seekers allowance which allows him to put some money aside every month. After a couple of months Jim buys a MacBook.

Is Jim rich?

Jim is a starving peasant with no house cus no way is he buying a MacBook on JSA while also paying rent and food
Reply 4
Disagree if you save up enough it's not difficult to buy one
we are all rich compared to the rest of humanity. 2 billion ppl live on less than a £1 a day.
MacBooks are rip offs anyways. My sister got some money off for hers whilst at university due to a grant but she still forked out £500 plus out of her own money.
i didn't like them until i was given one to work with at a seminar
i now want to buy one...or four to fill up the safe
Not true. I come from a single-income family on under £20k a year, 3 years of careful saving and I own a MacBook Air, although admittedly it was 70% off from a resell site.
Reply 9
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Not true. I come from a single-income family on under £20k a year, 3 years of careful saving and I own a MacBook Air, although admittedly it was 70% off from a resell site.

You sure it's a macbook? :rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
No, many stores have a 'buy now, pay later' option that is interest free. Argos and Littlewoods, for example.
Not true.
I'm not rich, nor are my parents and I got one for uni almost three years ago. :smile:
Not true....
Got this for free :getmecoat:
No.

Family is poor.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well... this thread has kind of been 'completed' hasn't it?
Original post by Mayhem™

Is Jim rich?

Or Jim is on a minimum wage job at a food packing factory. :colonhash:
Original post by David.Cameron
Or Jim is on a minimum wage job at a food packing factory. :colonhash:

Either way, with time, Jim would be able to buy a MacBook.
Original post by Mayhem™
Either way, with time, Jim would be able to buy a MacBook.

Or a plane ticket to Japan.
I'm poor because i bought a macbok
Original post by Orange s0da
I'm poor because i bought a macbok

Some are poor because they didn't buy shares in Apple which later sold for an absolute fortune. :colonhash: :moon:

Latest