The Student Room Group

Driving test!!

Hi, new to this!

Due to take my driving practical test, in a weeks time. I can properly drive, but not amazing at manoeuvers. Was wondering would I automatically fail if I did mess up on my manoeuvre, or is it classed as a minor. I'm really confident driving generally and do a great job I am just scared about the manoeuvres. Also sometimes stall, for stupid reasons like clutch control Or being in wrong gear!

Thanks, all replies are appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Don't crash and you'll be fine
"I can properly drive, but not amazing at manoeuvres"

Considered with

"I'm really confident driving generally and do a great job... also I sometimes stall for bad clutch control and being in the wrong gear".

(paraphrased the last one, but the meaning is the same you'll agree)

These are contradictory sentences. Have you voiced these concerns with your driving instructor, or have they raised them with you?

I'm surprised that they're entering you for a driving test when there are such basic mistakes being made.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Don't crash and you'll be fine

A school friend of mine crashed and passed :P
Reply 4
Original post by XMaramena
A school friend of mine crashed and passed :P

Passed as in died or you mean he actually passed the driving test?
Original post by UWS
Passed as in died or you mean he actually passed the driving test?

haha passed the driving test - got run into by a van from behind while waiting on a red light. Since it was near the end of the test, she'd already completed the maneuvers, and the collision was no fault of her own, there were no black marks to be put on her test and it was passed. With a written off car. But passed all the same.

Quick Reply

Latest