The Student Room Group

Probably shouldnt've, but I answered my ex gf's text...

She asked for advice, I told her I couldn't give much (bla bla bla). I wanted to keep it casual.

She responds telling me thanks but that it was a bit too late because she was now somewhere else and "hope you're doing well".

I suppose these are just breadcrumbs right?

I'm not going to reply.
Surely this would depend on the terms by which you broke up? I have known some people who **** up their lives by falling for an ex again... I have known some people who remain on good terms and stay as good friends after not talking to an ex for a short period of time and breaking up with them.

It depends on the terms of the break up and the relationship you have with them after the break-up I'd say.
Reply 2
Original post by TorpidPhil
Surely this would depend on the terms by which you broke up? I have known some people who **** up their lives by falling for an ex again... I have known some people who remain on good terms and stay as good friends after not talking to an ex for a short period of time and breaking up with them.

It depends on the terms of the break up and the relationship you have with them after the break-up I'd say.

The break up itself was pretty bad. Lots of anger, crying from her, etc...

We did send a couple of texts over the period of a month following it, but for 10 months it has been radio silence, until she randomly sent me a message a few days ago asking for the advice.

I told her I didn't want to be friends when we broke up, and I stand by that.
Original post by Dodgypirate
The break up itself was pretty bad. Lots of anger, crying from her, etc...

We did send a couple of texts over the period of a month following it, but for 10 months it has been radio silence, until she randomly sent me a message a few days ago asking for the advice.

I told her I didn't want to be friends when we broke up, and I stand by that.

You know the answer yourself then good sir.
Reply 4
You know the answer yourself then good sir.

I do? :s-smilie:

Sorry for seeming a bit dim, but I really don't. When she first got in contact I was very shocked. I didn't know what to do or what to think, but I replied nonetheless because I didn't want to be a dick.

I just don't know mate.
Original post by Dodgypirate
I do? :s-smilie:

Sorry for seeming a bit dim, but I really don't. When she first got in contact I was very shocked. I didn't know what to do or what to think, but I replied nonetheless because I didn't want to be a dick.

I just don't know mate.

A polite "I hope you're doing well yourself; but don't really care for learning the details of such" would probably be sufficient lol. But hey, I'm quite blunt...

But just don't allow yourself to fall back into deep conversation...
Reply 6
A polite "I hope you're doing well yourself; but don't really care for learning the details of such" would probably be sufficient lol. But hey, I'm quite blunt...

But just don't allow yourself to fall back into deep conversation...

Exactly this, really. I'm keeping it as casual as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest