The Student Room Group

Can you think of any other ideology that has such political protections as Islam?

Scroll to see replies

feminism
Reply 41
Original post by WBZ144
Name one "special protection" which Islam gets in this country and which other religions don't get.

The fact that Muslims can go around and preach the backward drivel both in the west and in the Middle east that includes the murder of apostates and vile treatment of women knowing that anyone who criticises it will be labelled "Islamophobic" by the retarded progressive left.
Reply 42
Original post by WBZ144
Have you seen a public figure criticise any other religion? All religions are protected that way.

Richard dawkins Himself said that he only started receiving death threats when he started criticizing Islam.

Many public figures don't waste their time with such a backward and barbaric religion because they know as Bill maher said "The only religion, that acts like the mafia, that will f*ucking Kill you, if you say the wrong word, or draw the wrong picture"

Religion of peace
Reply 43
Answer to OP's question.

Totalitarianism. People like Pol pot and Adolf hitler had people executed for disagreeing with them politically.
I'm not sure it does get as many protections as some would like to believe. Expressing criticism for Islam and then being labelled an Islamophobe doesn't mean Islam has some special protection, it just means other people are free to criticise you back.
Liberalism is protected a lot too. God forbid you say something against the "progressive" movement
Original post by Z-Zinan
The fact that Muslims can go around and preach the backward drivel both in the west and in the Middle east that includes the murder of apostates and vile treatment of women knowing that anyone who criticises it will be labelled "Islamophobic" by the retarded progressive left.

Those hate preachers get plenty of criticism in the media and by the people, you're delusional. By law Islam is treated no differently to any other religion. It would have to be if it was getting any "special protection".
Original post by Z-Zinan
Richard dawkins Himself said that he only started receiving death threats when he started criticizing Islam.

Many public figures don't waste their time with such a backward and barbaric religion because they know as Bill maher said "The only religion, that acts like the mafia, that will f*ucking Kill you, if you say the wrong word, or draw the wrong picture"

Religion of peace

Death threats are something common in this day and age when people can send them anonymously online. You can get it for insulting the US founding fathers, the monarchy and pretty much everything. Filmmakers and show runners have received them for not giving fans what they want. I have received them for being an apostate and for criticising far-right views yet I'm still alive. This does not show that Islam is given any special protection on this country that other religions don't get.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Z-Zinan
Answer to OP's question.

Totalitarianism. People like Pol pot and Adolf hitler had people executed for disagreeing with them politically.

Talking about now, in this country.

Original post by WBZ144
Have you seen a public figure criticise any other religion? All religions are protected that way.

Protected what way?
Original post by KingBradly
Protected what way?

Politicians and most public figures will avoid criticising them.
Reply 50
Original post by Quantex
I'm not sure it does get as many protections as some would like to believe. Expressing criticism for Islam and then being labelled an Islamophobe doesn't mean Islam has some special protection, it just means other people are free to criticise you back.

The neologism "Islamophobe" comes with a lot of weight. So much weight it stops police and media reporting paedophile rings in fear of being called it. Can't think of another religion where there is a label for anyone who may even slightly dirty it's name, and a name which carries such political and social weight.
Reply 51
Original post by WBZ144
Politicians and most public figures will avoid criticising them.

That's not what I said though. You asked what kind of protections it has over other religions, and I pointed out there is a label for anyone who criticizes it, a label which carries a serious amount of political and social weight.
That's not what I said though. You asked what kind of protections it has over other religions, and I pointed out there is a label for anyone who criticizes it, a label which carries a serious amount of political and social weight.

Judaism has a similar label nowadays with perhaps even more political and social weight nowadays. That does not give the religion a "special protection", as legally it is entitled to none. If people label critics of Islam as "Islamophobes" then that's their choice of words. The term was originally coined to call out anti-Muslim bigots but like all other labels it started to get exploited by some.
Reply 53
Original post by WBZ144
Judaism has a similar label nowadays with perhaps even more political and social weight nowadays.

If you can't even be bothered to read my OP, what's the point in having a discussion?

Original post by WBZ144

That does not give the religion a "special protection", as legally it is entitled to none. If people label critics of Islam as "Islamophobes" then that's their choice of words. The term was originally coined to call out anti-Muslim bigots but like all other labels it started to get exploited by some.
There is more to "protection" than just laws. When police don't report paedophile rings because they're worried they may be labelled a word, that word has a lot of political power, regardless of whether it's written in law or not.
If you can't even be bothered to read my OP, what's the point in having a discussion?

There is more to "protection" than just laws. When police don't report paedophile rings because they're worried they may be labelled a word, that word has a lot of political power, regardless of whether it's written in law or not.

I read your OP, that does not change the fact that the label of Anti-Semitism has also been exploited by some just as Islamophobia has.

Is there any evidence that the police did not apprehend the paedophile ring because they were afraid of being labelled Islamophobes? They were negligent, but there is no proof that this was the reason why. And yes, protection is all about the law.
Reply 55
Original post by WBZ144
Those hate preachers get plenty of criticism in the media and by the people, you're delusional. By law Islam is treated no differently to any other religion. It would have to be if it was getting any "special protection".

LOL, Your delusion is outstanding. Tell me my ignorant little friend, why do hate preachers like Anjem choudry get free air time and are allowed to peddle their drivel indoctrinating the youth calling for death to democracy, the queen and others, while political analysts like Michael savage get banned from the UK for calling Islam what it is?
Reply 56
Original post by WBZ144
Death threats are something common in this day and age when people can send them anonymously online. You can get it for insulting the US founding fathers, the monarchy and pretty much everything. Filmmakers and show runners have received them for not giving fans what they want. I have received them for being an apostate and for criticising far-right views yet I'm still alive. This does not show that Islam is given any special protection on this country that other religions don't get.

Muslims are allowed to call for the head of the queen, and openly shout down and call for the end of democracy in a democratic country amongst other things they do, yet are allowed to walk scot-free.

If you can't see this, then you're just another blind liberal dullard. You're probably one of those retards that supports taking in tons of immigrants into Europe, but none into your own home.
Original post by Z-Zinan
LOL, Your delusion is outstanding. Tell me my ignorant little friend, why do hate preachers like Anjem choudry get free air time and are allowed to peddle their drivel indoctrinating the youth calling for death to democracy, the queen and others, while political analysts like Michael savage get banned from the UK for calling Islam what it is?

Anjem Choudary is a British citizen so he can't get banned from the UK but other hate preachers have. He had also been arrested recently, in case you haven't noticed. And despite that he gets air-time, when has it ever been favourable? I will need to look into Michael Savage but if he's a Robert Spencer type then it was well-deserved.
Reply 58
Original post by WBZ144
I read your OP, that does not change the fact that the label of Anti-Semitism has also been exploited by some just as Islamophobia has.

Hardly. Antisemitism is about prejudice against certain lineages, not just disliking ideas.

Original post by WBZ144

Is there any evidence that the police did not apprehend the paedophile ring because they were afraid of being labelled Islamophobes? They were negligent, but there is no proof that this was the reason why.

It's widely acknowledged that the police were negligent because they were afraid of being labelled racists or Islamophobes. Have a read through this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal#Alexis_Jay_inquiry

Original post by WBZ144

And yes, protection is all about the law.

Oh is it? Oh well I guess if you say so. I didn't realise the law is all there is to it. So there's no such thing as words carrying political weight, no such thing as the protection of some things being taken more seriously due to the political and social climate of the times, regardless of legal stipulations? Everything is straight-forward and exactly as the law states it to be, nothing more, nothing less. I guess this is just like how domestic violence against men is treated exactly the same as it is against women. I mean lets forget about the fact it completely isn't in real life, lets just completely blinker ourselves and pretend that what the law states is exactly how everything is, just because it suits your argument.
Reply 59
Original post by WBZ144
Anjem Choudary is a British citizen so he can't get banned from the UK but other hate preachers have. He had also been arrested recently, in case you haven't noticed. I will need to look into Michael Savage but if he's a Robert Spencer type then it was well-deserved.

Where did I ever say he should get banned?

I just said he's invited on TV, allowed to preach his rubbish freely and has created 2 terrorist organisations in the UK, without being thrown in prison for life for terrorism associations. He went to prison but now he's out, he openly calls for the Shari'a on his twitter, he himself is an islamic lawyer and imam.

Michael savage is not a theological analyst like Robert spencer, he's a radio talk show host, and he was banned from the UK, for "inciting hatred" by calling Islam what it is. Violent and intolerant.

Plus there isn't anything wrong with robert spencer. He is just too critical for muslims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending