The Student Room Group

Calling all 'lefties'!

Greetings, my kindred spirits

I am writing this post to urge you to reinforce the embattled ranks of the anti-fascists in the News and Current Affairs forum, because it is at risk of falling to the hordes of the far-right.

It is important that we fight racism, xenophobia and Islamophobia, especially on this forum, which is meant to be a bastion of liberal thinking.

Thank you, and happy easter!

Peace <3

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stormzy1
Shut up

Another right winger crawls out of the woodwork!

And just who might you be? Another banned fascist spamming racist posts on TSR for your own enjoyment?
Reply 2
Original post by Multiculturalism
Another right winger crawls out of the woodwork!

And just who might you be? Another banned fascist spamming racist posts on TSR for your own enjoyment?

oi rudeboy shut up
Very interesting, quite an illiberal message you have given.
Reply 4
oi rudeboy shut up

rekt
oi rudeboy shut up

So you have no intelligent response?

Original post by zetamcfc
Very interesting, quite an illiberal message you have given.

In what way? I want to reclaim a forum from illiberals
Why is fear or criticism of Islam 'phobic'?
Original post by jambojim97
Why is fear or criticism of Islam 'phobic'?

Why is fear or criticism of black people racism?

SARCASM
Reply 8

Shut up you back up dancer
I'm so stupid sometimes, I thought the thread meant 'left handed people' so I clicked on it thinking 'I'm Left handed!'
Reply 10

SARCASM

It isn't.

Only retarded left wing losers think so.
Reply 11

Fine, you want an intelligent response. Explain how 'fighting racism, xenophobia and Islamophobia, especially on this forum, which is meant to be a bastion of liberal thinking' is something exclusive to lefties? I aint a left wing nor right wing thinker but i am confused as to why you think it is only lefties that think like that. There's no longer a clear distinction between left wing and right wing thinking, just a new form of 'protectionism and self preservation' thinking that has come up.
Original post by cookiemonster15
I'm so stupid sometimes, I thought the thread meant 'left handed people' so I clicked on it thinking 'I'm Left handed!'

Nothing stupid about that :smile:

Its a valid mistake to make

Original post by Z-Zinan
It isn't.

Only retarded left wing losers think so.

This is sarcasm, right?
Islam is an ideology (just like any other religion), and should be up for debate and criticism (just like any other ideology). To deny that is an infringement on freedom of speech. Besides, people deserve rights, not ideologies.

SARCASM

Don't try to conflate criticism of Islam with Racism. Race is not something you choose. Being an ethnic minority is not synonymous with promoting a sick ideology (Islamism). They are two completely different things.

The reasons behind fear of blacks are different to fear of Islam. Due to a history of pseudoscientific racism, racism in general, modern racism and colonialism, Blacks, on average, currently have a low socioeconomic status in the West and elsewhere. Their history of being oppressed and enslaved has created a culture which places low value on education, steering many Blacks towards crime and drug use and lower average IQs - hence the stereotype of Black criminality. However, this stereotype reflects real statistics on crime, although institutional racism (e.g. persecuting Black crime and not White crime) may affect these figures. Nonetheless, just because your Black doesn't mean you're inherently criminal.

Re Islam, I'll just leave these here:

Spoiler

Reply 15
thats right you cant say sh*t dont ever @ me again you greasy yute
Reply 16

This is sarcasm, right?

Nope, calling you the smartest user ever would be Sarcasm

liberal losers like yourself thinking that criticising black people doing dumb things is racist, isn't sarcasm
And here we have a left winger pretending to get angry at right Wingers
He claims he is " Tolerant " but only to thoses that argee with him ... Not with thoses that disagree. Hypocrite
Piss off OP
Reply 19
I'm on your side OP don't let the bastards get to you.

Quick Reply