The Student Room Group

I am struggling with C3, C4, C5, P4 and P5 (Science OCR)

I get all the content, that's great, but I need more practice on the maths parts of all these topics.
I've tried the questions in the book and I can get them right... after several attempts. Does any one have access to some of the maths-based questions to practice from- with answers?
I'd really appreciate it!!
Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Have you got the CGP books? I find them quite useful and they have a question section after each module which has some maths-based questions, most of which have answers
Reply 2
Original post by LN1234
Have you got the CGP books? I find them quite useful and they have a question section after each module which has some maths-based questions, most of which have answers

No, I don't I have the OCR work books and revision guides and question books, is there any chance that you could send a picture or something?
Have you chosen Triple Science?....... because I have and I have OCR Gateway CGP Books that are really useful and have many maths questions to help. You could get them from WHsmiths or you can order them online from the CGP Website. Good Luck in exams:smile:
41nzUHHNDAL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DangIt
I get all the content, that's great, but I need more practice on the maths parts of all these topics.
I've tried the questions in the book and I can get them right... after several attempts. Does any one have access to some of the maths-based questions to practice from- with answers?
I'd really appreciate it!!
Thanks in advance! :smile:

I'd advise getting the cgp revision guides and workbooks. There are apps too which are really good, free one for B1C1P1 and pay for other topics but so worth it. Apps have questions and answers and flash cards, really helped me to understands P4, haven't tried other topics that I don't understand yet. Try BBC bitesize and past papers for exam questions. Good luck! 😃
Reply 5
Original post by aieshacaitlin
I'd advise getting the cgp revision guides and workbooks. There are apps too which are really good, free one for B1C1P1 and pay for other topics but so worth it. Apps have questions and answers and flash cards, really helped me to understands P4, haven't tried other topics that I don't understand yet. Try BBC bitesize and past papers for exam questions. Good luck! 😃

Thanks sooo much! Totally appreciate it! I will look into buying the books! :smile: Thanks again
Reply 6
Original post by *Alisha*
Have you chosen Triple Science?....... because I have and I have OCR Gateway CGP Books that are really useful and have many maths questions to help. You could get them from WHsmiths or you can order them online from the CGP Website. Good Luck in exams:smile:
41nzUHHNDAL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Yup, Triple *sighs* XD
Thanks, yeah, I'm gonna buy the books! :smile:
Original post by DangIt
Yup, Triple *sighs* XD
Thanks, yeah, I'm gonna buy the books! :smile:

I agree, these books are great for revision, though I feel more detailed books would be needed if you were just trying to learn the content. Before buying, see if your school stock them. Usually, schools get the, for a reduced price so you would only pay £2.95 instead of £4.70. Though it doesn't seem much, when you're buy multiple books, the discount does add up (1 revision guide and 1 workbook for each science, you do the maths). I'm doing the same exam board as you if you hadn't guessed by now.

Secondly, here's a quick link to a video that I found really useful when it comes to titrations. He makes a couple of mistakes, but corrects them so I think we can forgive him :laugh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N2QU74AtM

Hope this helps. I know C4 can be particularly difficult as it is basically all maths without any equations given but with a lot of practice, I'm sure you'll get there. Good luck for your exam in June!
Reply 8
Original post by kat.dance10
I agree, these books are great for revision, though I feel more detailed books would be needed if you were just trying to learn the content. Before buying, see if your school stock them. Usually, schools get the, for a reduced price so you would only pay £2.95 instead of £4.70. Though it doesn't seem much, when you're buy multiple books, the discount does add up (1 revision guide and 1 workbook for each science, you do the maths). I'm doing the same exam board as you if you hadn't guessed by now.

Secondly, here's a quick link to a video that I found really useful when it comes to titrations. He makes a couple of mistakes, but corrects them so I think we can forgive him :laugh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N2QU74AtM

Hope this helps. I know C4 can be particularly difficult as it is basically all maths without any equations given but with a lot of practice, I'm sure you'll get there. Good luck for your exam in June!

Thanks! The video was really useful!! I totally appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending