Original post by Ayaz789
Is Maths at University hard?

That's a very subjective question!

Do you enjoy maths at the moment?
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
That's a very subjective question!

Do you enjoy maths at the moment?

Yes i do like Maths , & i used to find it easy but im not the best at it anymore , predicted A for Maths & Further maths , should i be fine?
Reply 3
Original post by Ayaz789
Yes i do like Maths , & i used to find it easy but im not the best at it anymore , predicted A for Maths & Further maths , should i be fine?

I'd say it also depends on which university you apply to, though the courses across all universities often cover similar content, the pacing of the content is different.
An A in Maths and Further Maths is pretty good, and will stand you in good stead.

A note of caution, maths at University is quite different from A-level, with more careful reasoning, and can require more effort to understand.
Reply 4
Original post by joostan
I'd say it also depends on which university you apply to, though the courses across all universities often cover similar content, the pacing of the content is different.
An A in Maths and Further Maths is pretty good, and will stand you in good stead.

A note of caution, maths at University is quite different from A-level, with more careful reasoning, and can require more effort to understand.

Ahh okay thanks & i have put Leeds as my firm
Reply 5
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh okay thanks & i have put Leeds as my firm

I don't know a lot about Leeds, but a quick google search suggests nothing out of the ordinary except maybe the option to take non-related courses which is kind of cool.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joostan

Joostan is correct in all of the above. Actually some people flourish more at university due to the freedom of their courses so you may do even better than you did at A-Level, I certainly did. Leeds maths course is pretty good and flexible and allows for you to transition into related fields if you decide to go onto postgraduate study, field such as fluid dynamics, planetary sciences, nano-systems, biological and more ..

Quick Reply

Latest