The Student Room Group

Firm choice help! BCU vs Bournemouth

Hi guys,I have applied for Ba HONS in business studies at both Bournemouth and Birmingham city however have not been able to visit Bournemouth.Both of these courses appear to be the same and they have the same course code on ucas. My questions is, is there any difference? Bournemouth requires higher grades so would the course be more difficult at bournemouth? Struggling to decide which one to firm
Reply 1
Original post by Carter1997
Hi guys,I have applied for Ba HONS in business studies at both Bournemouth and Birmingham city however have not been able to visit Bournemouth.Both of these courses appear to be the same and they have the same course code on ucas. My questions is, is there any difference? Bournemouth requires higher grades so would the course be more difficult at bournemouth? Struggling to decide which one to firm

Look on the websites as these should have at least some info about the course/modules - just because they have the same course codes doesn't mean they offer the same modules etc., so you need to make sure you're on a course you're happy with! Don't just look at the summaries of the course, look at core modules - especially for first year - and how flexible the course is (eg do you have any wild/option modules in first year?)

Try to see if Bournemouth has any virtual tours or videos as well - obviously these will be biased but they'll give you some idea of what it's like.

Entry requirements are not always the best indicator of course difficulty - but you do need to be confident about meeting them!

Also make sure your insurance option has a lower offer than your firm.
Reply 2
Original post by rachel x
Look on the websites as these should have at least some info about the course/modules - just because they have the same course codes doesn't mean they offer the same modules etc., so you need to make sure you're on a course you're happy with! Don't just look at the summaries of the course, look at core modules - especially for first year - and how flexible the course is (eg do you have any wild/option modules in first year?)

Try to see if Bournemouth has any virtual tours or videos as well - obviously these will be biased but they'll give you some idea of what it's like.

Entry requirements are not always the best indicator of course difficulty - but you do need to be confident about meeting them!

Also make sure your insurance option has a lower offer than your firm.

Thank you, good advice :smile:
Original post by Carter1997

Hi Carter 1997!

My name is Patricia and I'm a student at BU and also an ambassador for the uni on TheStudentRoom!

The best advice I can give you is to thoroughly research the course content at both Uni's. If there is a particular module in Business that you're hoping to do make sure your firm has that module.
It might also be worth have a look at what the exam/assignment split is and pick a uni that offers a high percentage on the method of assessment that you're better at. Things like this can help make the decision a bit easier

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Good Luck!
Patricia :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending