The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

Even an American school nearby in Jeddah has got an ISIS threat just because its American and the population of the school is majority Muslim. Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community. its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Do you really think that if we knew someone who had terrorist ideologies we would just let them walk free, no because Muslims get killed too and at the end of the day its innocent human life that is killed whether a person is Muslim or not.

/rant over :getmecoat:

Scroll to see replies

Fear fuels ignorance and opposition.
Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

Even an American school nearby in Jeddah has got an ISIS threat just because its American and the population of the school is majority Muslim. Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community. its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Do you really think that if we knew someone who had terrorist ideologies we would just let them walk free, no because Muslims get killed too and at the end of the day its innocent human life that is killed whether a person is Muslim or not.

PRSOM

it is just ignorance. once you meet genuine Muslims all of this media BS is irrelevant.
Original post by mkap

PRSOM :h:
Original post by mkap
Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

Wow I didn't realise it was possible for a group of 1.6 billion people to be considered underdogs.
Because they need to do more than simply say

''nothing to do with us''
Reply 6
mkap
Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

I don't think so.
I think Muslims do nothing against ISIS. :cool:
No-one expects your common or garden muslim to physically attack terrorists or anything.

But when they live in such tight nit communities, where everyone knows everything about everyone else, why would we believe that terrorists can just disappear, and that no-one knows about people disappearing off to Syria?
Reply 8
Original post by admonit
I don't think so.
I think Muslims do nothing against ISIS. :cool:

what do you propose we do?
Not enough education in the Muslim community to prevent radicalisation from happening.
Original post by mkap

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community.

The most important thing is that you can stop importing preachers who follow the Deobandi and Wahhabi (or related) schools of thought, and kick out the ones that are already here from your mosques. It isn't just about educating people: you must educate them in the right way.

You should also stop indoctrinating children as Moslems before they are 16 years old.
Cmooooooon man another Muslim-Isis thread? I know this has a different agenda but cmon.
Reply 12
Original post by Squishy•
Cmooooooon man another Muslim-Isis thread? I know this has a different agenda but cmon.

dont hate fam, tryna spread lurv
Not my opinion, just playing the devil's advocate, but maybe people feel there is cause for concern when terrorists are able to hide out in Muslim neighbourhoods for months on end without anyone doing anything. Or maybe they feel it's a bit of an issue that, when asked, many Muslims in various countries (I'm sure someone can link the report) were sympathetic to the terrorist causes.

I promise you this isn't thinly veiled Islamaphobia on my part, just trying to offer an explanation.
But why aren't Muslims doing enough to oppose ISIS? I don't see a lot of Muslims protesting in the streets against ISIS and showing their support for British military action against the terrorists.
Reply 15
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Not my opinion, just playing the devil's advocate, but maybe people feel there is cause for concern when terrorists are able to hide out in Muslim neighbourhoods for months on end without anyone doing anything. Or maybe they feel it's a bit of an issue that, when asked, many Muslims in various countries (I'm sure someone can link the report) were sympathetic to the terrorist causes.

I promise you this isn't thinly veiled Islamaphobia on my part, just trying to offer an explanation.

i understand but do you honestly think that people are going to publicly display that they are terrorist. you can expect us to read their minds.
Original post by mkap
what do you propose we do?

Lots of things, but it will be a slow and painful journey. For now they need to turn into terror suspects and kick the Salafi Imams out of Mosques. Eventually Muslims will need to turn into Christians where you don't care who you marry and where it generally has no influence on your daily life.

Islam must go from a judicial religion to a religion of faith.
Reply 17
Original post by Trapz99
But why aren't Muslims doing enough to oppose ISIS? I don't see a lot of Muslims protesting in the streets against ISIS and showing their support for British military action against the terrorists.

m88 thats because the news dont show em

https://www.google.com.sa/search?q=anti+isis+muslim+protest&rlz=1C1RAEH_en-GBSA668SA668&biw=1024&bih=475&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj29MTt5ODLAhVGfRoKHf2ABxEQ_AUIBigA&dpr=1
Original post by mkap
dont hate fam, tryna spread lurv

Free Nelson Mandela
Original post by Trapz99

I see Sunnis who only moan about Assad and who completely undermine the action we have taken against Islamic State by saying Assad is the worst one in Syria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending